Disney Magic Eastern Canadian Cruise

Nope, leaving this Sunday for 5 days on the Dream, my cruising will be done for a while.

and we do expect some kind of TR, even if it is just some pics with a few snarky comments!

Here's a pretrip snarky comment, NO!

Haven't you heard Rita, I can't don't write TRs and don't read TRs.

Rita, I thought you were part of the "team" organized to write Lou's TR for him.

• 3 months later...

Keep her clean for me! I'll be cruising with my mom and I also invited my two aunts to join us. They are in their 70s and this will be their first cruise since the 1970s!

This is the second cruise for my wife and me, we are bringing her parents along for their first cruise (not counting her Dad's days in the Navy).

Which excursions did you pick?

We will be doing the Saint John River Boat Cruise, and the Halifax Whale Watch. I know the Saint John whale watch is better, but we didn't want to do an all day trip. We were very close to doing the Halifax Photography Tour, but it looked like too much walking for the in-laws.

Thanks for the magnet links! I love the transformed hockey logos and I'll probably pick a couple others. I've been reading the comments about the doors being re-finished and not being as magnetic as previously. Is there a dramatic change since August 2010? What kind of magnet sheets are you using to reinforce the magnets?

I have heard that the Wonder had some work done on the door exteriors and the magnets don't work as well. We had reasonable luck on the Magic last October with some magnetic inkjet paper that I got off of eBay. It would have worked fine but it was stored and delivered rolled up and it always wants to curl up and fall off the wall. I will probably look for quality magnet paper or print on heavy stock and stick magnets to the back of it.

We will be doing the Saint John River Boat Cruise, and the Halifax Whale Watch. I know the Saint John whale watch is better, but we didn't want to do an all day trip. We were very close to doing the Halifax Photography Tour, but it looked like too much walking for the in-laws

I love the look of those paddle-wheel boats. We have one that does dinner cruises on the river here in Pittsburgh. I've got to get on that some day. Maybe this summer! My mom and I are from Boston and my aunts live in Maine, so I wasn't so excited about Whale Watches and all the "Yay, touch a lobster" things. Too many whale watches while I was in school! We are considering Peggy's Cove in Halifax and one or more of these in Saint John: Bay of Fundy Scenic Railway, Trolley 'Round Saint John or Wild Blueberry Tour & Tasting.

I have heard that the Wonder had some work done on the door exteriors and the magnets don't work as well. We had reasonable luck on the Magic last October with some magnetic inkjet paper that I got off of eBay. It would have worked fine but it was stored and delivered rolled up and it always wants to curl up and fall off the wall. I will probably look for quality magnet paper or print on heavy stock and stick magnets to the back of it.

In the past, I've used Avery and Staples brand magnetic paper. They both worked pretty well. I didn't notice a quality difference between them and will probably pick up some at Staples for this trip. Hopefully they'll stick!

I love the look of those paddle-wheel boats. We have one that does dinner cruises on the river here in Pittsburgh. I've got to get on that some day. Maybe this summer! My mom and I are from Boston and my aunts live in Maine, so I wasn't so excited about Whale Watches and all the "Yay, touch a lobster" things. Too many whale watches while I was in school! We are considering Peggy's Cove in Halifax and one or more of these in Saint John: Bay of Fundy Scenic Railway, Trolley 'Round Saint John or Wild Blueberry Tour & Tasting.

Too funny, I have lived in New England for decades and I have never been on a whale watch. I know what you are talking about though, we felt the same way about the maple sugaring demo though the train excursion was on our shortlist.

Touch a lobster? not so much. Eat a lobster? I'll take two! I'm really hoping they incorporate some Maritime cuisine for this cruise, I was hoping to catch a traditional lobster supper up there.

Too funny, I have lived in New England for decades and I have never been on a whale watch. I know what you are talking about though, we felt the same way about the maple sugaring demo though the train excursion was on our shortlist.

Touch a lobster? not so much. Eat a lobster? I'll take two! I'm really hoping they incorporate some Maritime cuisine for this cruise, I was hoping to catch a traditional lobster supper up there.

I really enjoyed whale watches. It can be VERY rocky in those boats, so take care if anyone is remotely prone to seasickness. I grew up about 10 miles from Boston, so probably went on three whale watches as school trips.

On the eating lobster front, I'm with you! I'm going to see about finding a nice restaurant for lunch in each port.

Thanks for posting that video! I'm getting so excited! One day till online check-in!

• 2 months later...

I was temporarily assigned to work in the Portsmouth area a couple of Springs, and I enjoyed it. I spent many a lunch hour at Prescott Park watching the ships go in and out and the bridge going up and down. I also took the coast road through Rye every change that I could.

I was temporarily assigned to work in the Portsmouth area a couple of Springs, and I enjoyed it. I spent many a lunch hour at Prescott Park watching the ships go in and out and the bridge going up and down. I also took the coast road through Rye every change that I could.

I worked for a bank just off the square. If it was warm I'd stop at Moes and pick up a sandwich then head down to Prescott Park. It is was winter, I'd go to Gilley's gypsy wagon and get beans & franks or a burger. I just looked them up on Google and they've added on. http://www.gilleyspmlunch.com/

They used to have outdoor plays at the park in the summer. I remember seeing Damn Yankees with my DD. The fog started rolling in at intermission.

Another nice thing about Portmouth... 20 minutes to the beach and less than an hour to a ski resort.

The bridge was torn down earlier this year. Too bad.