The Work, Womenz, Weunion, and Welaxation Trip Report!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so excited for you, Carol!! Having your family all together at the Fort is awesome!

I am thinking though that fiends may need a GC driving refresher course. So far we have taken out a tree, some bushes and now an innocent flamingo!!

Waiting for more. :popcorn:

Time for one more update, then I gotta get some work done.

We arrived at Magic Kingdom, and we all needed tickets. Rick and I had old 2-day tickets left from free dining that we upgraded to APs, and all the kids had pre-ordered their tickets online and just had to pick them up.

So we enter Magic Kingdom and it starts sprinkling, and I put the camera away. Really don't want an expensive paperweight on my hands.

Just as we're getting to the restaurant, the bottom drops out!! We were SOAKED before we could get in there.

Cause of the rain, the lobby is super crowded, but we put our name in and wait on our table.

Not sure you can tell from these pictures, but everybody is pretty damp

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

Our salads arrive, yum!!!

IMG_5438.jpg

Yummy rolls

IMG_5439.jpg

Now for the feast!

Turkey, Steak, mashed taters, stuffing, and all the other fixins

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

Oh mannnn, I forgot to take a picture of dessert!!!

OK, dinner is over and the rain has slowed down to an annoying mist, so we venture back out after some odd problems with our room charge.

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5446.jpg

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

IMG_5459.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

Tiki Birds!!

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

What a beautiful family! :heart: I completely understand why you were giddy! How wonderful that you could ALL be on vacation together!

I'm so excited for you, Carol!! Having your family all together at the Fort is awesome!

I am thinking though that fiends may need a GC driving refresher course. So far we have taken out a tree, some bushes and now an innocent flamingo!!

Waiting for more. :popcorn:

Glad you saved the camera! That would've been a really expensive paperweight!

Great Fam... Great Food... Great Memories! :)

Awesome...

Great pics!!!

Glad you got to spend time with the family!

Looks like a nice family dinner Carol! Thanks for sharing

I knew you said your boys were tall now I understand why you were glad when Lorna offered her MH!! Lot's of happy faces!!

Thanks for all the comments!! It was wonderful to have my boys and their girlfriends on the trip with us!! They were WONDERFUL young gentlemen this time. Last big family trip, they still had that teenage slug thing going on and things were rather unpleasant at times, but this trip was really awesome.

Yep, they are tall. That's the only thing my ex did right, give me two tall handsome boys!!

Yeah, Fiends golf cart skills do need to improve!!!

Dinner was good!!

Yep, I'm looking for some kind of water resistant "wrap" for the camera, there's got to be something out there.

You know their height wasn't the issue with the tents. They are long tents and we have extra long twin air mattresses, but just the work of setting them up on little time was the hassle. Lorna's MH saved my sanity!!!!!

More trip report coming up!!! Finished today's mundane task, so I have time to play!!

Well, the rain cranked up again, we were about to go on Pirates, but it was down, so we went over to Country Bear Jamboree instead

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5479.jpg

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5481.jpg

IMG_5482.jpg

IMG_5483.jpg

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5486.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5492.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg

IMG_5497.jpg

That's probably more pictures of the Country Bear Jamboree that most folks care to see...... in their LIFETIME :rofl2:

but I'm an equal opportunity picture snapper, most of what I snap, you get!!!

OK, about this time, Rick was done for the evening and headed back to the camper, the kids and I saw that the Electrical Parade was about to start, so we parked ourselves and watched!!

IMG_5499.jpg

IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5507.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5513.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

Partway through the parade, I decided I was done for the day, so I gave the camera to my son, and worked my way out of the park.

This involved waiting a very long time for the boat, watching some emergency workers doing "something" in the docking area around the boats, and finally giving up and walking to the Contemporary and catching a boat there.

Here are the pics my son caught while they finished the evening

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

Thus ends our first day of the "Weunion" portion of this wacky twip weport!!

Thanks for all the comments!! It was wonderful to have my boys and their girlfriends on the trip with us!! They were WONDERFUL

Yep, I'm looking for some kind of water resistant "wrap" for the camera, there's got to be something out there.

You know their height wasn't the issue with the tents. They are long tents and we have extra long twin air mattresses, but just the work of setting them up on little time was the hassle. Lorna's MH saved my sanity!!!!!

More trip report coming up!!! Finished today's mundane task, so I have time to play!!

:heartsmiley: I see you all know who's MH it is :rofl2:

I know you were looking forward to this trip with the boys I am so glad that you had such a great time, and a much needed rest afterwood.

I love the pictures of the parade that camera is great, I might consider getting one, but why bother since I never use the one I have.

But the pictures are great

Carol, your boys are truly handsome young men! I completely appreciate the metamorphosis between teenage @$$&$ and the delightful young men! My Chris was much the same. He appreciates Disney so much more now and I once again don't mind him going with me!

Love the pics!

Wellllll Cawol... I still love the Country Bears. It's true. Very Pro-CBJ!! I can sing it for you if you like. At least nearly all of it. ;D

X2

Glad the you and the family had a great!

I also like CBJ, but I have to admit it's been a long time since I've seen it. Your pictures have motivated me to go see it again.

I don't LOVE the MSEP, but I do love Pete and his dragon.

Extra long air mattresses? ??? Who'd a thunk it?

How come they don't make extra short mattresses?

Your pictures of the Electrical Parade are great!!!

Thanks!!!

:heartsmiley: I see you all know who's MH it is :rofl2:

Why, does Rich think it's "his" MH?? :rofl2:

I know you were looking forward to this trip with the boys I am so glad that you had such a great time, and a much needed rest afterwood.

I love the pictures of the parade that camera is great, I might consider getting one, but why bother since I never use the one I have.

But the pictures are great

Thanks!!!! Everything was AWESOME!!

You have a beautiful family, Carol! You must have been so excited to have your whole family together. I hope that one day I can have my entire family with me for a WDW trip again. Love the pictures of the ELP! I am very pro ELP!

Thanks!!! I like the ELP too!!

Wellllll Cawol... I still love the Country Bears. It's true. Very Pro-CBJ!! I can sing it for you if you like. At least nearly all of it. ;D

That new cam is doing you proud! Your MSEP photos are beautiful!!! :worship: :worship: ;D

How about some "Blood on the Saddle" :rofl2:

Carol, your boys are truly handsome young men! I completely appreciate the metamorphosis between teenage @$$&$ and the delightful young men! My Chris was much the same. He appreciates Disney so much more now and I once again don't mind him going with me!

Love the pics!

Yeah, they were a pleasure to be around!!! There were only a couple of instances where they got aggravated with us old folks :rofl3:

Great Pics., Great Family!! Loving the report!!

Thanks TJ!! I'm lovin yours too!! It'll be a few days before I get to the Leap Year day, but then that'll give folks more to read!!

X2

Glad the you and the family had a great!

We did!!! Thanks!!

I also like CBJ, but I have to admit it's been a long time since I've seen it. Your pictures have motivated me to go see it again.

I don't LOVE the MSEP, but I do love Pete and his dragon.

Extra long air mattresses? ??? Who'd a thunk it?

How come they don't make extra short mattresses?

Yeah, CBJ is just an original, corny and cool!! You'd be surprised what tent camper folks come up with!!

They do, they are called crib mattresses. Or you may enjoy a crate mattress.

LOL!!! Now that's just funny there!!

I am LOVING this trip report! Thank you, Carol, for adding to our upcoming trip excitement. You have a beautiful family and I am thankful you are sharing your trip with us.

:heart:

Thanks so much!!!! I can't wait to read about your trip!! Plus, can't wait to see you at Stone Mountain!!