PSL St. Patrick's Day Carnival 2012

No, I didn't go to the Fort today. I actually got the AC working since Lorna cursed last night and got some housework done, which I hate. I also spent most of the day on the phone with Fiends and I am about hoarse, but that is also par for the course on the weekend. Chris says that if I am hoarse tomorrow, he will give thanks to God. I poked him in the side for that.

So, since my son rode his bike today for the first time by himself, we decided to reward him by taking him to the local carnival in town. Riding a bike has been a big hurdle for him because of the weakness in his shoulders. He has been working hard to build them up to keep his balance on the bike. So, here is his accomplishment today!

(This will also give me a chance to show off my new camera! My birthday present is a Canon Rebel T3 EOS110D. I am just enamored with it.)

015.jpg

014.jpg

Here's how it went down yesterday afternoon:

Here's me, holding the handle on the back of his bike to help him keep his balance:

007-1.jpg

As we pass the camera position, I let go...

008-1.jpg

CJ still thinks I'm right behind him, holding on. He's talking to me this whole time:

009-1.jpg

It took him this long to figure out I wasn't there at all.

010-1.jpg

He started to yell at me for not staying with him, but then he realized he'd gone all that way alone. Yay!