Last I heard, the rule was no dogs in tents, but they'd changed the rule to allow pets in popups with a/c.

However here's what the WDW website currently says...

• Pets like to go on vacation, too, so we offer a limited number of pet-friendly Preferred Hook-Up and Premium campsites.
  • All pets must be kept on a handheld leash that is 6 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner's personal recreational vehicle. For pop-ups and tents, pets must be secured in a container, such as a portable cage or kennel.

Not sure when this changed.

Sounds like still no pets allowed in the partials, but there's no mention here of a/c and tents are now ok.

That's a little scary actually. I can't imagine a pet in a tent or popup without a/c during the warmer months!

Oh and fyi... on the "barking dogs" front, here's what the site currently says about that...

Pets that interfere with the quality of the Guest experience at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in any away (such as aggression, noise, etc.) or generate a legitimate complaint to management will result in the pet owner being required to discontinue the pet's inappropriate behavior, remove the pet to an off-site kennel or leave the Resort.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

We like to take the fur babies out looping, is it technically legal to loop thru the non-pet loops if they don't get out of the cart. Nobody has ever said anything to us, but I was just wondering if we were breaking the law... ;)

This rule doesn't sound like it was written by anyone who will actually have to handle the enforcement.

No... that would make too much sense.

We like to take the fur babies out looping, is it technically legal to loop thru the non-pet loops if they don't get out of the cart. Nobody has ever said anything to us, but I was just wondering if we were breaking the law... ;)

No idea. Last I saw they still have "no pets beyond this point" signs in places that pretty much would prevent people in some pet loops from getting to the dog park. :wacko:

As of January 2011 the website was changed to:

Pets

Pets like to go on vacation, too, so we offer a limited number of pet-friendly Preferred Hook-Up and Premium campsites. Pets are not permitted to stay in vehicles without air-conditioning or at tent sites.

It changed again in June 2011 to:

Pets

Pets like to go on vacation, too, so we offer a limited number of pet-friendly Preferred Hook-Up and Premium campsites.

• All pets must be kept on a handheld leash that is 6 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner's personal recreational vehicle. For pop-ups and tents, pets must be secured in a container, such as a portable cage or kennel.
  • Campsite Guests with pet privileges may take their dogs to play in the off-leash Waggin' Trails Dog Park or walk the many on-leash trails. So that our Guests with pets can enjoy ample time at the Walt Disney World theme parks and destinations, day and overnight kennel care is available at Best Friends Pet Care.
  • Pet owners are required to pick up after and properly dispose of their pet's droppings.
  • Pets that interfere with the quality of the Guest experience at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in any away (such as aggression, noise, etc.) or generate a legitimate complaint to management will result in the pet owner being required to discontinue the pet's inappropriate behavior, remove the pet to an off-site kennel or leave the Resort.

Ironic that they took out the "a/c" notation in June....

Seriously, it would be a disaster if someone was stupid enough to keep a dog crated in a tent or non a/c popup during warm months. :(

I don't know why Disney has such a hard time with pet rules - It really should be very simple:

- no pets in any camping units without a/c for safety reasons

- pets in tents or non-hard sided campers must be crated so they can't escape

- pets cannot be left outside the camping unit when no one is there

- clean up after your pet

- if your pet disturbs your neighbors or exhibits aggressive behavior, you must kennel your pet or leave

- pets must be leashed (except at the dog park) and under control of their owners at all times

Actually on that last bit, I would really like to see a "no leashes" rule INside the dog park.

I've seen more trouble caused by people who bring their dogs into the dog park and then keep them on leash.

For starters, dogs are more territorial on leash, and when other dogs are running and playing (which is what the dog park is for) leashed dogs go nuts. Not to mention if other dogs go up to them to play, it's an injury waiting to happen.

I've seen people bring their dogs in on leashes with prong and choke collars and their owners planting their feet while their dogs are practically choking themselves to death because they want to go run with the other dogs. Really people, what is the point of that?? If your dog isn't good with other dogs and can't be off leash, take them for a walk along one of the canal dog walks. They're lovely and hardly anyone uses them. Don't torture your dog be bringing him/her to the one place where dogs should actually be running and playing at the Fort.

Then there are the people who bring their dogs in on flexi-leashes - which are SO dangerous in that situation with people and other dogs running about. I know of a woman at a training center that ended up with an inch deep gash in her calf requiring a lot of stitches, because of an owner that had the leash out too far and didn't have control of her dog. Even worse is when small children are on the other end of the flexi (oy!)

Use your brains, humans!

Sorry, getting off my canine soapbox...