We've done it the past couple of years and our check-in has been a whopping 5 minutes tops.... vs 15 or 20 in the past.

You still won't get your site assignment until you get there though.

Also not sure if one has anything to do with the other, but we got our #1 site request both times too.

My worry about on line check in is not getting my request. I always have to have a discussion with the check in agent about my request, because I usually have to wait a day to get the site I want.

I will be checking into the Caribbean Beach Resort in June and will try it then, as I don't have any request for this trip.

Online checkin rarely makes any difference for us at the Fort. One, either the lines are so long, that the time is the same, or something has to be "fixed" on the reservation anyway. This last time, I did online checkin, but they had nothing ready, AND they couldn't find my reservation in my name, I had to start listing the names of my other guests before it would pull up in their system.

My worry about on line check in is not getting my request. I always have to have a discussion with the check in agent about my request, because I usually have to wait a day to get the site I want.

I don't honestly know how or if the 2 are related, but I can tell you that last year they already had our top requested site pick noted on our online check-in package when we got there.

No discussion necessary. :)

In fact they must have had our entire request attached to the file because the CM at check-in chuckled that we'd given them 3 sites to pick from.

That's what we do and we're 5 for 5 with site requests.

We fax in about 4-5 prior to arrival. I've been told (no actual confirmation) that if you fax it much earlier than that it doesn't end up getting to the site assignment person.

A few things with requests to keep in mind...

It's only a request. They'll try and accomodate you, but no guarantees.

If you're checking in during a super busy time (holiday week...) they may not be able to help you.

You may have better luck explaining WHY you want a particular type of site than giving them site numbers. One reason is that if someone is already in that site before you arrive (and not leaving), they'll be totally guessing at where to put you next. If you tell them "close to comfort station, bus stop, dog walk..." that gives them more to go on.

Make sure you're requesting a site that is in line with your reservation. If you booked Preferred, a request in a premium loop is useless. Similarly, if you booked Full Hookup and request "close to Settlement" that's not going to get you much either.