New Flip Flops debut at Disney Parks

From the Disney Parks blog...

Feet Will Flip Over New Shoes at Disney Parks

posted on April 3rd, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

fwf093859SMALL.jpg

I believe it is a requirement to own a pair of flip flops if either living in or visiting the states of Florida or California (I currently have four pairs in my closet). When I see a pair, I think of warm, endless, sun-filled days while enjoying the great outdoors. The softlines team at Disney Theme Park Merchandise recently introduced an entire new collection of flip flops for Disney Parks. I spoke with Associate Developer Tina David about the creation of these colorful new shoes.

“This may be the first time we’ve ever introduced this many flip flops at one time,” explained Tina. “From a historical perspective, we knew flip flops are popular at Disney Parks. We also saw that [flip flops] were a hot trend in the marketplace. We used these two factors when deciding to introduce this new line.”

fwf289091SMALL.jpg

Tina worked with Disney Design Group artist Susan Foy who “had the freedom to create what she wanted.” One thing that stands out to me is Susan’s deliberate use of bright colors, which she confirmed was a conscious choice.

“We wanted to infuse as much color as possible to the flip flops,” continued Susan. “I used a combination of original designs and ones inspired by other items such as bags or apparel. Of the designs I created, I like the navy blue pair with interlocking Mickey Mouse outlines the best. Overall, I wanted the new collection to be bright, fun and something our guests would enjoy wearing during vacation.”

You will find a “Flip Flop” logo designed by Susan as an attachment on each pair of shoes. Susan has already purchased the black and white and bright pink Mickey Mouse styles for her feet. Personally, I love the designs that feature the retro-inspired logos for Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

Then again, I would probably wear any of them as long as my next destination is the beach.

For more photos...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/feet-will-flip-over-new-shoes-at-disney-parks/

I'm not a fan of the little thingy between my toes.

Would it make a difference if it was a big thingy? :))

I love flip flops, but my back doesn't like me wearing them for long.