RUMOR: New bus loop coming for Magic Kingdom?

A reliable source is reporting that there will be a third bus loop at MK. This will be a big project if it happens. Nothing official has been announced, but my source has heard this from a number of people "in the know" so it seems likely it will happen fairly soon.

If things go according to plan, the AK and HS bus stops at TTC will move to the new loop, which means people won't have to take the ferry or monorail over to TTC to park hop to these parks.

Also if Disney buys the articulated buses and uses them to augment the express monorail to the MK, they'll need more room for those, plus they still need a bus stop for the Art of Animation resort.

Stay tuned...

But then won't that mean the folks coming in on Lynx and outside hotel buses that stop at TTC, will have to monorail or bus to the resort bus stops to go to Epcot or Studios.

I thought that was the primary reason AK and Studios buses were running from the TTC.

will have to monorail or bus to the resort bus stops

Except for when the MR is down, there are no buses to the resorts from TTC.

But then won't that mean the folks coming in on Lynx and outside hotel buses that stop at TTC, will have to monorail or bus to the resort bus stops to go to Epcot or Studios.

I think you meant to say AK and Studios Carol.

I'm guessing that if the Lynx and charter bus stops remain at TTC and I think they will because they need a lot of room, those wishing to go to AK or DHS will have to get themselves over to the MK to pick up those buses.

Disney probably feels that it's more important to cater to the WDW resorts guests rather than to the off property guests

I thought that was the primary reason AK and Studios buses were running from the TTC.

Don't know if it was the primary reason, but I suspect that it had a lot to with that there wasn't any room at the MK for those two bus stops.

Except for when the MR is down, there are no buses to the resorts from TTC.

I think you meant to say AK and Studios Carol.

I'm guessing that if the Lynx and charter bus stops remain at TTC and I think they will because they need a lot of room, those wishing to go to AK or DHS will have to get themselves over to the MK to pick up those buses.

Disney probably feels that it's more important to cater to the WDW resorts guests rather than to the off property guests

Don't know if it was the primary reason, but I suspect that it had a lot to with that there wasn't any room at the MK for those two bus stops.

Yes, I meant AK and Studios

And yes, I meant monorail or bus, (or ferry) cause it looks like they wanna make room for the mega bus to supplement the express monorail

Monique-

This is a mildly interesting rumor, even to non bus drivers.

So, where is this new bus loop going to go exactly?

It looks like the only place it could go is south of the existing loops.

It looks like there is room for it, but it also looks like there is room to possibly just add some more shelters to the existing loops:

MKbusloops.jpg

Did you mysterious source give you any information about where the new loop is going to go or how big it will be?

TCD

If you look at the aerial photo you'll notice that buses enter and come to a Y intersection that leads into either the north or south loops. My guess is that the third loop will be parallel to the existing two loops so that when entering, buses have a third leg in that Y intersection which would be to the far left when approaching.

I think that it will be the shortest walk for guests as well, but what do I know.

It will go up into the trees towards the park and not down towards the sand area?

I really don't know as nothing has been announced officially, but it can't go towards the the top because there is a hill where the train track is plus the walkway to the CR is there as well.

It will have to go below, beside the beach, but I think it will have to be further in.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting tidbit from WDW Magic. Could be related to this?

Roadworks near the Magic Kingdom bus stop entry to cause possible delays on World Drive

May 03, 2012

Work is starting today on World Drive to extend the length of the turn lane into the Magic Kingdom bus stop area. During the work there may be delays for traffic on this section of road directly outside the Contemporary Resort entrance. It is expected that the project will be completed by the end of May 2012.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Magic-Kingdom/News/03May2012-Roadworks-near-the-Magic-Kingdom-bus-stop-entry-to-cause-possible-delays-on-World-Drive.htm

What they've done is close off the bus only lane that goes into the MK bus area.

I don't believe it's connected to the rumored addtional bus loop, which BTW there is absolutely no indication that anything is happening in that regard.

That bus lane has been a mess for a long time, it gets a lot of use. My guess is that Reddy Creek ID might just be refurbishing it. It's not apparent right now what else it could be.

Remember that any of the common areas, like road side grassy areas, trees and shrubbery in those areas, roads, highways, road signs, street lights, etc, are not Disney's responsibility, it's RCID or the state of FL.

So the roadway is probably a RCID project and the phantom bus loop would be Disneys.