• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey you know I graduated in 1980, I have the cool Disco moves!

Are you guys playing with my head? ACampingWeWillGo, aka Dewey, well, to me anyway, just joined and now we have thDewey. Is this a conspiracy to drive me crazy, too late? Is this you, Bob or Dave?

The worst thing about the coquina is that it sticks to everything when it's wet. I am not sure I agree that it's a lot better than sand. I am not sure where you saw dirty sand in Florida, but on the G

Posted Images

That's what I figured for loop 1500. Close to the action but smaller sites. I appreciate the tip to check out the loops on YouTube.

Being our first trip I figured that the DDs would prefer to be near the bigger pool. Next trip will be much more laid back. Maybe we'll stay in loop 2000.

Are there any loops that lend themselves to popups more than others? Are other 'full hookup' loops worth the extra money if using a popup?

Any of the loops are great for a popup. I even enjoy staying in the Premium Loops! No sand!! However, for the balance of amenities, site size, and price, we usually book full hookup. 1600 and 1700 are great loops and it's great having the sewer right there to dispose of grey water and to dump the portapotty.

When you are in a partial, you have to carry your grey water and toilet contents to the comfort station or to a nearby empty campsite that has sewer.

Also a word of warning about Loop 2000. While the sites back there are huge and it can be quiet. However, Loop 2000 also can become a nightmare of large loud groups on the weekends.

I have dealt with that nightmare once, and now will no longer book a partial site to ensure I am not placed in Loop 2000.

• 1 month later...

I guess coquina is crushed shells. That's a lot better than sand.

There is NOTHING dirter than Florida sand. LOL

Tom

The worst thing about the coquina is that it sticks to everything when it's wet.

I am not sure I agree that it's a lot better than sand.

I am not sure where you saw dirty sand in Florida, but on the Gulf coast, it's about the whitest, cleanest sand I've seen anywhere.

TCD

The worst thing about the coquina is that it sticks to everything when it's wet.

I am not sure I agree that it's a lot better than sand.

I am not sure where you saw dirty sand in Florida, but on the Gulf coast, it's about the whitest, cleanest sand I've seen anywhere.

TCD

Oh sure the Gulf beach sand is beautiful but away fom the coast, blech.

I'll try to cover the conquina with the rug. Thx

Made my reservations for HDR. Had to get the 5PM balcony. The 7:15 was sold out. The 9PM spot is too late for the young DDs.

I also made reservations for the Rose and Crown at EPCOT (I guess thats R&C @EPCOT) for Tuesday.

Now I have tons of family coming to visit. Which is great but I told everyone that I'm NOT Leaving the Disney property.

Look like gonna have some weather too. As long as it's just regular Florida passing rain, that's OK.

Hey Tom you are going to have a blast. we will be in the 600 loop(hopefully) on the 23,Look forward to meeting another Tom

Tom W

Oh sure the Gulf beach sand is beautiful but away fom the coast, blech.

I'll try to cover the conquina with the rug. Thx

Made my reservations for HDR. Had to get the 5PM balcony. The 7:15 was sold out. The 9PM spot is too late for the young DDs.

I also made reservations for the Rose and Crown at EPCOT (I guess thats R&C @EPCOT) for Tuesday.

Now I have tons of family coming to visit. Which is great but I told everyone that I'm NOT Leaving the Disney property.

Look like gonna have some weather too. As long as it's just regular Florida passing rain, that's OK.

Good call on the rug. Bring a few door mats too if you have any. Bring a broom too, as you will need to sweep out the camper often. You will figure it out.

The weather forecast is calling for some rain. That probably means a lot of sun!

TCD

This used to be our first full day night's tradition. But be warned, they have a new chef that is different from 2 years ago.

The fish and chips were fine. The scotched egg was still good.

Don't get the pork duo or the veggie pie. The pork was not so great and the sauce in the veggie pie gets gross after 3 bites.

The shepherd's pie was only okay. It used to be much better.

Those are the dishes we had this past trip. The meal was so not to our liking that we decided to just leave half the meal and not stick around for there for illuminations. We got popcorn to fill us up because it tasted better.

I don't usually bad mouth places and it was really disappointing this time because it used to be our favorite meal. I definitely recommend you try something different than what we ate.

This used to be our first full day night's tradition. But be warned, they have a new chef that is different from 2 years ago.

The fish and chips were fine. The scotched egg was still good.

Don't get the pork duo or the veggie pie. The pork was not so great and the sauce in the veggie pie gets gross after 3 bites.

The shepherd's pie was only okay. It used to be much better.

Those are the dishes we had this past trip. The meal was so not to our liking that we decided to just leave half the meal and not stick around for there for illuminations. We got popcorn to fill us up because it tasted better.

I don't usually bad mouth places and it was really disappointing this time because it used to be our favorite meal. I definitely recommend you try something different than what we ate.

Good to know.

Thanks

Well we checked in siite 1513. We had an awesome time @ HDR.

Eventually I'll figure out how to attach pics from my iPhone. The choose file Button is greyed out. Anybody know how to attach pics from an iphone?

I had to put up a temporary fort fiends sign. I think that Lou might drop off my sign while we are here. :)