We have annual passes. The best discount you can get for Annual Passes is through Undercover Tourist.

First off, go to Mousesavers.com and sign up for their monthly newsletter. You will receive the newsletter on the 15th of each month.

In that newsletter is a link for special pricing through Undercover Tourist.

Through that link, purchase the most expensive Magic Your Way Ticket, that is still less cost than an annual pass.

When you get to Disney, use that pass in a turnstyle by entering a park.

Once you do that, then go to a ticket window outside the park and tell them you want to upgrade that ticket to an annual pass. They will then do some computing, and you will only pay the difference between the GATE cost of that ticket, and the cost of the annual pass. (Usually only a few dollars). Therefore, you keep the discount you paid through Undercover Tourist.

There are no other discounts on Annual Passes unless you can purchase them through the military.

For example, including tax an Annual Pass is $552.74 including tax.

The 6-day Park Hopper, Water Park and More, No Expiration through the special link at Undercover Tourist is $505.95 which is a $25 discount off of the normal gate price.

Once you use that ticket in a park, then that ticket automatically gains the face value of $530.95, therefore you will pay an additional 21.79 towards your annual pass, making the effective price of your annual pass $527.74.

If you are getting a Premium Annual Pass, you can get even more savings as the bigger the MYW ticket you buy, the bigger the savings, but the GATE price of the ticket you buy has to be less than the price of an annual pass, because they will not refund any money.

Undercover Tourist doesn't sell Annual Passes. You need to purchase a discounted MYW ticket from Mousesavers and upgrade it to an annual pass once you arrive at Disney to get a discount.

There are no discounts or remote sales on Annual Passes except for military.

See the detailed instructions I wrote above.

We have annual passes. The best discount you can get for Annual Passes is through Undercover Tourist.

First off, go to Mousesavers.com and sign up for their monthly newsletter. You will receive the newsletter on the 15th of each month.

In that newsletter is a link for special pricing through Undercover Tourist.

Through that link, purchase the most expensive Magic Your Way Ticket, that is still less cost than an annual pass.

When you get to Disney, use that pass in a turnstyle by entering a park.

Once you do that, then go to a ticket window outside the park and tell them you want to upgrade that ticket to an annual pass. They will then do some computing, and you will only pay the difference between the GATE cost of that ticket, and the cost of the annual pass. (Usually only a few dollars). Therefore, you keep the discount you paid through Undercover Tourist.

There are no other discounts on Annual Passes unless you can purchase them through the military.

For example, including tax an Annual Pass is $552.74 including tax.

The 6-day Park Hopper, Water Park and More, No Expiration through the special link at Undercover Tourist is $505.95 which is a $25 discount off of the normal gate price.

Once you use that ticket in a park, then that ticket automatically gains the face value of $530.95, therefore you will pay an additional 21.79 towards your annual pass, making the effective price of your annual pass $527.74.

If you are getting a Premium Annual Pass, you can get even more savings as the bigger the MYW ticket you buy, the bigger the savings, but the GATE price of the ticket you buy has to be less than the price of an annual pass, because they will not refund any money.

I'm a little confused! (My normal state these days!) So I would want to buy the water parks and more no experation even if I don't want the premium pass?

We purchased our APs at AAA in Orlando. The savings was $20.

Of course, you have to consider the expense of gas to get there.

We were going there anyway so it didn't matter to us.

This is the only AAA that I know of where you can purchase APs.

They will sell to any AAA member no matter what state your AAA card is from.

And once you have purchased an annual pass you can renew on line for a discount in the future. You must renew within 30 days of the expiration date. We had puchased one for all of us last year and our dd passed away on June 24. When I got to the park I went to the ticket window and they exchanged her ticket for one for our little friend who was visiting with us. In fact her ticket was good for more than the year because our original ticket was for an adult (she was 14) and Ashley was only 8.

And once you have purchased an annual pass you can renew on line for a discount in the future. You must renew within 30 days of the expiration date. We had puchased one for all of us last year and our dd passed away on June 24. When I got to the park I went to the ticket window and they exchanged her ticket for one for our little friend who was visiting with us. In fact her ticket was good for more than the year because our original ticket was for an adult (she was 14) and Ashley was only 8.

We generally don't renew our annual passes because we plan some no park time in between when the old one expires and the next time we go. The $40 discount is not worth keeping the original expiration date.

I'm wrestling with that topic right now. Mine expires on the second Tuesday of the big trip. I figure I'll have had enough park by then, so not sure it's worth renewing right away. Then again, I could be talked into a July 4th trip. If not then, I'll be back in September, I suppose.

We considered all our options and have found the annual pass is the way to go. We stay at least 3 -4 weeks in December/January and are back sometime during the rest of the year. A couple of years ago they offered a special if you renewed your pass...we got 15 months for the price of 12. Wish they would do that again.

If I buy annual passes now for my Feb and Dec 2013 trips.....am I right that the passes will expire a year from the date I first use them in February?

If you buy them online now, you'll get a voucher. You take that to guest relations and get your passes there, so yes, the AP year won't start until you actually trade the voucher in for your AP. That's the date your AP begins/expires, not first use date.

Also, if you use the method above and purchase a regular MYW ticket at a discount, then upgrade to an annual pass once you arrive at WDW, then the annual pass will not start until the first day you use the regular ticket.

Also, if you purchase the regular discounted ticket BEFORE the price increase, then it goes up in price before you use it. The ticket will become worth the new ticket price at the price increase, so you are saving even more!!

If you buy them online now, you'll get a voucher. You take that to guest relations and get your passes there, so yes, the AP year won't start until you actually trade the voucher in for your AP. That's the date your AP begins/expires, not first use date.

Thanks for the info! I think I will buy prior to the price increase for sure. Green up arrow for you. Lou please don't get jealous that the green up arrow was not for you this time!

Edited by AC in A2

Thanks for the info! I think I will buy prior to the price increase for sure. Green up arrow for you. Lou please don't get jealous that the green up arrow was not for you this time!

No problem. It took forever for me to figure all of this out. Glad I could help.

• 1 year later...

Carol, I have been instructed to come here for help!

If I buy an 8 day ticket with WP, No Exp, and PH from UT it will be $565.95.

Gate Value of that is $630.49

So I could get upgraded to an AP which costs $611.31 for no additional cost (and not get a refund for overpayment) which would save me $45.36.

If I buy a 7 day with WP, No Exp and PH from UT, it will be $561.95.

Gate Value of that is $593.21.

To get an AP upgrade at $611.31, I would owe: $18.10 - Total for AP = $580.05 so total savings would be $31.26.

It would make more sense for me to get the 8-day loaded ticket right? I know I won't get a refund for overpayment, but in the long run, I save more money. Don't I? I don't know what I am doing!!!! :)