Darlington or Bust.. with a pit stop @ Myrtle Beach!!!

OLFC HH51 is a good site. I prefer being on that row. We always try for 54 but it's next to impossible to reserve.

Oh lord you and Dh may be fighting for that site if it's ever available... He loves HH54 too and always keeps calling to see if it is empty!! LOL

Fun so far! Cool sand "castle." Glad hubby got the truck back up and running, too.

Thanks! Those were some tense moments!!

3 inches. Are you kidding?! Did he have a measuring tape? Are the neighbors going to measure?

Can't wait to read more..

None that I can see but he had no problems with working and zipping around in his golf cart with a beer in his hand... (another gripe I had with the Track) I am very surprised that nobody was killed they way they allow track employees and corporate to drink and drive golf carts in the infield. :argh:

Yay pictures!

I am feeling very claustrophobic just looking at your camp site square. :wacko:

Jeff is tiny & cute. Nice find!

The site was 15ft wide by 40 feet long (exact) LOL Our camper is 38ft long and 14ft wide with the slides out :drama:

Ahhhh, I think I felt a force in the air on Thursday while we were locked out! It was Jeff! :clint:

No claustrophobie in our 30X40 site, ahhh the pains of staying off property...... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I should have but I hate sitting in the stands... I don't wanna be that close to anyone that is not in my family! Dover is the reason for that with their narrow seats.

Just for a reference, the road you see in the background is Tunnel Rd. The green Port-A-Let you see over the top of the golf cart and the white truck is on trackside camground property (private) across the pond. We stayed in that area last year in a 20X40 site with water and electricity for $200. We moved back up the hill behind the white tents in a larger 20X30 site with electric and water for $250 this year. We paid the extra money in anticipation of taking Savannah (our doberman) with us, wanting more room. The lower lot is all electric, no generators, whoo hooo. The upper hill has dry campers, but quiet hours are enforced from 12-6 nightly.

We walked through the dry camping area while we were waiting forever to get let in and noticed that it was dry camping :(

BY THE WAY FOLKS SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES MY INTERNET IS ACTING UP :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're going to do a "TP". Does that involve a late night run to Shop and Save for the generic roles of toilet paper. Which in turn are used for exterior tree decoration. :)

Okay lets see if I can get some more in before Sprint locks me up again... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We went back to our site and had something to eat (can't remember gotta ask the kids in the morn) and then walked around the infield and noticed that the hauler parade was coming and the kids jumped up top to go and see. I got video on my phone I will upload later :thumbsup2:

I was happy when Friday came cause I knew that was the day to visit the fan area and spend hubbys money!!! So we all got up and headed out.

DS was happy to see mini racing cars.. but I think DH was shocked that they only cost a little over 5 grand and now wants one for DS. Mama puts her foot down on that one I don't care how close Dover is we are not putting that boy in racing school or getting him a car and track time!

a49b3d44.jpg

I was a little ticked that the Bojangles little stands had no out right chicken only stupid sammies and fries.... BOOOOO I was hoping to get a tailgate meal but they shot that one out the water!! So I sucked it up and took a pic by the pace car with hubby and we signed it!!

233024e1.jpg

Just like any other fan zone area Chevy had the race video games that the kids flocked to while hubby and I collected our free tee shirts that only come in XL :sarc3:

That really bothers me how DH always gets all the shirts cause they only come in HIS size :th_2mo5pow:

b052bc0e.jpg

I guess our Oldest DD got board with the games and decided to take a pic of herself... I must admit it did not turn out half bad LOL

715bce7f.jpg

Thats it for now... were slowing down :(

TO BE CONTINUED.......

Just for a reference, the road you see in the background is Tunnel Rd. The green Port-A-Let you see over the top of the golf cart and the white truck is on trackside camground property (private) across the pond. We stayed in that area last year in a 20X40 site with water and electricity for $200. We moved back up the hill behind the white tents in a larger 20X30 site with electric and water for $250 this year. We paid the extra money in anticipation of taking Savannah (our doberman) with us, wanting more room. The lower lot is all electric, no generators, whoo hooo. The upper hill has dry campers, but quiet hours are enforced from 12-6 nightly.

We walked through the dry camping area while we were waiting forever to get let in and noticed that it was dry camping :(

Just to clarify:

TrackSide Camping has several options:

Tent camping, not sure of the cost. The tents are in a seperate area to keep them away from the generators.

Dry camping, $100 for all week. You get a 20X40 site, with quiet hours (no generators) from 12-6.

Sites with electric and water. The 20X40 sites are $200 for all week, and the 30X40 sites are $250 for all week.

As I attempted to state above, the area by the pond are all 20X40 units with water and electricity. Miles tries not to put loud people down there and make it a quieter area. A plus too, is that since all units have electricity, you will NOT hear any generators.

The sites away from the pond are a mix of usage. And people bring all qualities (loudness) of generators. We were put on the fartherest row away from the dry campers and didn't hear one single generator. And Miles puts the party crowd with power and electricity closest to the generators, so they can share the noise.

The honey trucks made plenty of rounds throughout the week-end. In fact our neighbors had 7 people in thier RV and was pumped daily. But they had a larger site like us, and were able to have a kiddie pool and plenty of room for cornhole.

With Darlington's size and age, it is not a track we would consider investing in the infield. Maybe Daytona or CLT, but not Darlington.

TrackSideCamping.jpg

Just to clarify:

TrackSide Camping has several options:

Tent camping, not sure of the cost. The tents are in a seperate area to keep them away from the generators.

Dry camping, $100 for all week. You get a 20X40 site, with quiet hours (no generators) from 12-6.

Sites with electric and water. The 20X40 sites are $200 for all week, and the 30X40 sites are $250 for all week.

As I attempted to state above, the area by the pond are all 20X40 units with water and electricity. Miles tries not to put loud people down there and make it a quieter area. A plus too, is that since all units have electricity, you will NOT hear any generators.

The sites away from the pond are a mix of usage. And people bring all qualities (loudness) of generators. We were put on the fartherest row away from the dry campers and didn't hear one single generator. And Miles puts the party crowd with power and electricity closest to the generators, so they can share the noise.

The honey trucks made plenty of rounds throughout the week-end. In fact our neighbors had 7 people in thier RV and was pumped daily. But they had a larger site like us, and were able to have a kiddie pool and plenty of room for cornhole.

With Darlington's size and age, it is not a track we would consider investing in the infield. Maybe Daytona or CLT, but not Darlington.

TrackSideCamping.jpg

Thanks for the info but we still will not go back to Darlington rather it is infield or outside camping. Some tracks work for some people and some don't and Darlington is on our stay at home and watch on tv list we are going to do the all star next year.

Okay internet is back up after a nasty talk with Sprint!!

I had a stand by your man moment here by the #5 car (I wish it was still driven by MM But oh well I will take what I can get!! LOL

a68619c9.jpg

Being that hubby use to be a camera man for ABC Sports he got a kick out of seeing the Speed stage setup

51523d70.jpg

d79926d9.jpg

DS had to get in the 11 car

71ffd052.jpg

And hubby played fool and jumped in the #15

17187d27.jpg

Now here is the biggest SIN of the whole weekend!! Go figure my pretty angel wants to be close to KYLE :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

037764d5.jpg

Okay thats enough for now... SINCE IM BLIND!!!

TO BE CONTINUED.......

Okay Now that I found time in the wee hours of the morning I will continue.....

We walked around for a while and did all the fun junk and the kids got to meet one of the miss sprint cups at the Spring customer booth like was always do..

I am so use to seeing Monica there and it was just weird.

f2163800.jpg

They had show cars as usual so we got some pics of those and we cannot forget to get a pic of tow Mater the golf cart that we see at every race... the poor guy was like..... Hey are you following me to the kids cause I see you all the time and of course they laughed so we snapped a pic this time.

d510f87f.jpg

As you can see her my oldest DD is dressed like some crazy fan with that hat and tacky red bojangles glasses she won from spinning some wheel :hah:

8f644c40.jpg

our youngest DD loves the miss sprint cup car and wants one for herself.. maybe some day :jumpforjoy

ffa97e54.jpg

Hubby loved the oldie... Hint Hint MAYBE CAUSE HE IS OLD!!! :rofl2:

6fe72067.jpg

We finished walking around and I still complained about being Bojangles having such a lousy menu at the track and we decided to head back and get ready for the Garage tour and get a bite to eat.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Okay I am going to be lazy and just post pics LOL

Garage tour continued.....

Danica's car... damaged- no surprise there!

241e505b.jpg

Micheal Waltrip... probably up to no good and tall as hell!!

b2cfa374.jpg

SMOKE (BLINDED BY SUN OR WINKING AT THE PIXI).... NEED I SAY MORE

a88cef5d.jpg

Denny Hamlin

2ba529d4.jpg

Jimmie's hauler

6a751d60.jpg

One of the inspection areas

a0cf516a.jpg

Next will be driver intro pics...

To be continued.......

Pics from pit road and the pre race intro stuff

On my way to pit road I met Jeff Hammond.. he is really sweet cause he gave me his bottle of water when he noticed I was sweating! He's a keeper gals!! LOL

ae23abc6.jpg

yeah yeah yeah its the 18 box

21a02d29.jpg

Danica's box

44022c71.jpg

Rat Keselowski's box

6bd3c975.jpg

Look it's big boy who started the fight LOL (that guy is HUGE)

7bd2fcf6.jpg

Here are some pics of the cars lined up!

c9b5e709.jpg

1f3756b5.jpg

b699c58a.jpg

700d8ffa.jpg

fd225935.jpg

e0fc51c1.jpg

to be cont.....