A quick TR for those that want to know about our 2012 Darlington report. I don't have all the pics right now, might be able to upload those later. Here is what I have from my phone.

Story:

Thought about heading out Wednesday night before the race, but we had bad lign of T-storms come through around 1700. We decided to wait until the next morning since, Darlington had second line going through there. Was the right decision, since we would have gotten there after Dark, and I understand there were storms until 2300.

Tony was only slightly excited about this trip and his alarm went off at 0415. JackLeg. So we were ont he road by 0530 and at our campground by 0745. And that was after stopping for fuel and bfast at the Golden Arches. Lucky for us they arrived at 0800, so we only had to wait a few minutes.

Got set up and enjoyed Thursday just to ourselves.

My cuz, his wife and kid showed up Friday around lunch. Then the madness really began. My cuz is living in KS, so use to 3% beer. I guess in KS 3% is what you get at the grocery stores and convience store, and the higher gravity (6%) is at the package stores. Or what I understood. Welllllll, we packed some coolers and headed to the haulers and displays and my cuz TRIED to keep up with pros. Well Bud is 5% in SC and that is what he asked for. So not only was he trying to keep up with us one for one, but he was ingesting a higher alcohol content. So later that evening, we had some laughs while he had a "headache" and went to bed. But we had made some friends the night before who came to visit, to share more Peacan Pie by Firefly. Had a great time!

So on Saturday (Raceday), another cuz and his girlfriend made it. We weren't sure if they would since, the GF had started chemo 2 weeks prior. Luckily she felt like it, we kept her in the shade and away from the beer and all was good. We had an absolute blast! No arrests to report, so a BONUS there!!!!

The race was great with the select family around. Tony was sitting behind me, since we stacked our seats vs having one drawn out row. Once again, no arrests to be had, but we made friends around us. Everyone was having a great time!

Cuz and GF left later that night after traffic died down, and the others were kicked out Sunday morning. We all made it to our Grandmother's on Sunday for Mom's Day. We had been summoned and we don't argue with Eugenia. Plus she cooks better than PD.

Note:

My GodDevil sent me a flat Stanley for a project at school, some of those post follow. It was eventually signed by Jeff Hammond from SPEED. He was a good sport and I appreciate him doing that. I started off trying to avoid mixing Stanley and beer pics, but that didn't last long.

WARNING:

watch the kiddies on a couple of the pics.

Hitchhiker waiting on the CG folks to arrive since we got up at 0 Flippin Dark Early

77904954.jpg

O Beer me time

c68c2610.jpg

After to many beers, a pic I sent seeing if they could be read upside down:

9a1f9268.jpg

Ahhh, relaxing Thursday:

563e6728.jpg

Sent to my cuz, since he wouldn't be arriving until the next day. To bad he didn't see the 5% part

6cfef6ba.jpg

Dinner:

6931f947.jpg

Genius, poor Genius the next morning:

4f585900.jpg

e4b9b1bf.jpg

Some racing merchandice that caught my attention:

7e9e43d8.jpg

Non race merchandice that caught my attention:

5818f9fe.jpg

accc52cb.jpg

Random pic:

70a994c7.jpg

After getting Jeff Hammond's autograph

4f3f92ee.jpg

My artwork for the race, representing all the players in our group: Just call me Picasso.

05479bde.jpg

80b35f76.jpg

b6d85cfe.jpg

fa9b1832.jpg

7dde53f4.jpg

45046042.jpg

And this cuz, is no longer invited to join us.

1. His driver won

2. Poor taste

3. Headache boy

8eb75e52.jpg

And just to leave you with something I found on the Camera from our 2010 trip to WDW. Hopefully, this is as close to a mug shot that I EVAH get.

5d5c7f71.jpg

Jess and I had exchanged some messages about meeting up. I asked her to bring me some Yuengling premium from PA, and she gracefully agreed to do that. Unfortunately, we were unable to meet up Wednesday when we exchanged texts, b/c of some locked gates. And I guess by Friday, her issues with Sprint were bad. So I didn't get to meet Jess, hubby and the kids, but hope to sometime. And I didn't get my beer either. I had a present for Jess, some Nanna Puddin by Firefly, but unfotunately wasn't able to give it to her. Needless to say our campground enjoyed it post race.

1. Love Flat Stanley and super cool that Jeff Hammond signed it!

2. Shirt #1 (BBS) beautiful!! Shirt #2 (KB) not so much

3. I now know where all the brains in your family went to (Cuz in #48 shirt)

4. LMAO at "#88 When?" :rofl3:

5. God punished you by giving JJ that win, for writing #48 sux.

6. Wheeeeeeeeeeee

Good stuff....took you long enough!

Spankulas... where's Stef?

Jeff Dear, do you really think that I don't have a JJ spankula?!?! I have two!

One of them I even use to cook with. ;)

Jess and I had exchanged some messages about meeting up. I asked her to bring me some Yuengling premium from PA, and she gracefully agreed to do that. Unfortunately, we were unable to meet up Wednesday when we exchanged texts, b/c of some locked gates. And I guess by Friday, her issues with Sprint were bad. So I didn't get to meet Jess, hubby and the kids, but hope to sometime. And I didn't get my beer either. I had a present for Jess, some Nanna Puddin by Firefly, but unfotunately wasn't able to give it to her. Needless to say our campground enjoyed it post race.

Your right damn Sprint locked my phone down and Dh's too!! Sorry about the beer... I still got it.. you just gotta come and get it!! LOL

If anyone is interested in private camping for Darlington, I highly recommend TrackSide Camping:

TrackSideCamping.jpg

We've stayed with them the past 4 year. First two as dry campers for $100 (20X40) for the entire week. The last two years, we upgraded to power and electric for $200 (20X40) or $250 (30X40) for the week. We plan to reserve a 30X40 again next year. He has ice vendors drive through the campground regularly at $3 for a 10# bag. And the honey trucks were $35/download.

The only negative this year was the showers. Still $5 for a untimed shower, but the facilities were not the best. In the past years, the vendors used also had FEMA contracts, so the units met Federal standards. This year, the facilities were provided by the Port-A-Let vendors. Yes we had had hot showers, but the stalls were small and the facilities were not kept up to past years standards. Miles knows what everyone thinks, and I highly doubt the showers will be provided by the same vendor next year. He does take care of his customers. Great guy!