Had a blast!

We left Thursday after dropping Savannah at the kennel. Was on the road by 0900 and parked and set up by 1300.

The weather was hot as normal, but luckily no rain this year. Whoo Hoo!

But, I think this will be our last 600 for awhile. We plan to go back to CLT for the Fall races, starting next year. Or do another track, like Dega or Martinsville.

If you don't mind the heat, I highly suggest going to the 600. Since it is the week after the AllStar race, they go all out with vendors, displays, etc. And across the road from the speedway, is a HUGE non NASCAR area with CHEAP stuff. And I do mean cheap. If you've hit the flea market in Daytona, it is very similar.

Friday, we caught a shuttle to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and then saw SpeedStreets in downtown CLT. They close off several streets and have vendors and stages set up for music. We didn't hang around to much, because of the heat and crowd. Plus we just wanted to chill at the campsite.

On Saturday, we went up to the displays to check everything out and picked up 8-9 free t-shirts. Numerous koozies and some laughs with some of the 315th that was there displaying the mini C17. Good times.

Sunday, we went back up early to get our scanners programmed, then came back and chilled in the AC for the rest of the day. Watched the Indy 500, napped, and rested for the race that night. We left out and got to the track about an hour before the race.

We were in a great area with a very diverse crowd. Had some bead action going on, a Dale Earnheart Sr. fan giving grief to a Kyle Busch fan. Someone got thier clock cleaned when they said screw the USA (dumb drunk around vets, STUPID). And almost saw a lady get messed up for jumping in line for the bathrooms. Huge No No, when everyone else has to go and have had beer all day long. I was not directly involoved in any of these, well maybe the beads.

But the best part.........48 didn't win!!!!!!!!

SS851246.jpg

SS851245.jpg

SS851242.jpg

SS851243.jpg

SS851238.jpg

SS851233.jpg

SS851231.jpg

SS851229.jpg

SS851252.jpg

SS851253.jpg

SS851254.jpg

SS851250.jpg

There was more Ernheardt displays, but we were having camera issues.

The cereal characters were huge on SpeedStreet, since they were definately being kid/family friendly. Huge General Mills displays. I thought the Tony with Tony pic was cute!

I'll say this before Steph has a chance. See Jr in the video under his dads display? Probably gonna be the only Jr display in the hall unless they induct him for most famous driver lol. Close but no cigar past couple weeks. At least he's still moving forward.

At least he's still moving forward.

I have not picked on Jr for a while now. Kind of like :beathorse:

But since you dragged me into it.....he actually lost a spot in the points standing this week. :rotfl5:

We've stayed at Yates Family Campground the last two years. Once again, the owner is awesome and takes care of his guests. He brought in a portable shower this year, for those they didn't have sewer connections. It is less than a 1/4 mile from the track. He has a website if anyone is interested. We paid $300 for the week with solid electric and water connections.

This year the track was running NUMEROUS golf carts as shuttles fdr guests. Along with the normal tram service around the track.