Haunted Carriage Rides at the Fort Cancelled for 2012

the 2012 is what is throwing me.

How so?

you think they are going to start some sort of construction?

I don't see how that particular carriage ride would be affected IF, you notice that's a big if, there were to be some sort of construction as the regular carriage rides have not been cancelled.

I don't see how that particular carriage ride would be affected IF, you notice that's a big if, there were to be some sort of construction as the regular carriage rides have not been cancelled.

The Haunted Carriage Rides take a different route than the regular carriage rides.

The DVC rumor was fueled when these signs were posted at the 2010 Haunted Carriage Rides:

FWOctober2010377.jpg

Of course, 2011 came and went and there was no announcement. The 2011 Haunted Carriage Rides did not move to a new location. Everything was the same.

The Haunted Carriage Rides go down the pedestrian path behind the Settlement Trading Post.

That is where the new Dining Pavilion is supposed to go according to the permit applications that WBI has previously posted.

So, the specific cancellation of the Haunted Carriage Rides could mean that they plan on starting construction back there this Fall.

What I heard in 2010 was that they planned to have the new horse barn built by 2011, and the Haunted Carriage Rides would take place there.

Obviously, there was a change in plans. There is no new barn, and thus no new place to host the Haunted Carriage Rides. Maybe they are going to start with the new Dining Pavilion first.

TCD

But wouldn't they just do what that sign says and modify the Haunted Carriage ride instead of cancelling it altogether?

I think originally they had a plan in place to conduct the Haunted Carriage Rides somewhere near the Outpost. My guess was that they would use the path used during the day for the trail rides.

But, with no new barn, there is no place to stage the rides anywhere else in the campground at present.

These were very popular, and were often sold out, so the only reason I can think of to outright cancel them is that the old path will not be available in October.

Why will it not be available?

The beginning of construction on the new pavilion is a logical conclusion.

TCD

True, but I would think that they would have issued an advisory regarding the regular carriage rides.

I'm not that familiar with it, but is it possible that the Haunted Carriage ride was not that popular?

We were posting at the same time.

The Haunted Carriage Rides were very popular.

They did this every night in October, and kept three carriages busy all night long. They often sold out for the entire month before October even got here. They charged $60 a pop for the rides, and they required prepayment. I think this was a solid money maker.

TCD

I'm not that familiar with it, but is it possible that the Haunted Carriage ride was not that popular?

It was sold out the entire time we were there last oct - close to 3 weeks. We only got one by leaving our number first thing each morning on a wait list for a same day cancellation...