Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Todd, mostly interesting photos, you'll notice I wrote mostly, but that last one shouldn't have made the cut.

Ya, I see it, the beer bottle on the roof.

Other than the site marker, that could be in your driveway.

Have you reached the bottom of the barrel?

And yes, that was Snarky, what did you expect?

Todd, mostly interesting photos, you'll notice I wrote mostly, but that last one shouldn't have made the cut.

Ya, I see it, the beer bottle on the roof.

Other than the site marker, that could be in your driveway.

Have you reached the bottom of the barrel?

And yes, that was Snarky, what did you expect?

The great thing about this pic this That Disney had total control over everything. Disney security took care of everything on the property. There was no OCSD. If you look at the light on the dash it is red

The great thing about this pic this was in Disney had total control over everything.

I was not aware that OCSD patrolled in the resorts or parks.

It's my understanding, could be wrong, that while they have a presence at WDW, just like they do in any other community in Orange County, they only show up in the parks and resorts when needed.

Do they patrol in the loops at the Fort?

I was not aware that OCSD patrolled in the resorts or parks.

It's my understanding, could be wrong, that while they have a presence at WDW, just like they do in any other community in Orange County, they only show up in the parks and resorts when needed.

Do they patrol in the loops at the Fort?

Until 2001 Disney had toral control of security OCSD could not come on the property unless called. Disney handled everything in house. Now OCSD is everywhere

Thanks for sharing these pics. I visited WDW several times throughout the 80's and 90's but it was always with another family or on a school trip. My single Mom could NEVER have afforded a Disney vacation! I feel blessed to have had the Disney opportunities that I did have but I believe the only pics I own are from '91 Grad Night. I'm enjoying this trip down memory lane...thanks again!

Until 2001 Disney had toral control of security OCSD could not come on the property unless called. Disney handled everything in house. Now OCSD is everywhere

When you say property, I'm assuming you mean the resorts and not WDW property?

RCID is just another Orange County and State of Florida community, OCSD and the Florida State Police have treated it as such.

I do sometimes see them at the toll plazas and at the entrance to the parks, but not, unless called, inside the parks.

Lou, OCSO drove thru right after u left yesterday.

Were they looking for me?

When you say property, I'm assuming you mean the resorts and not WDW property?

RCID is just another Orange County and State of Florida community, OCSD and the Florida State Police have treated it as such.

I do sometimes see them at the toll plazas and at the entrance to the parks, but not, unless called, inside the parks.

Sometime back in the 80’s Orange County was looking to do a special tax just on Disney. Disney told Orange County ok and Disney started petitioning the state about becoming it own county. If that happened Disney would keep all tax revenue and not have to pay a dime to Orange County. State police can go anywhere in the state. Until 2001 Disney was treated as private property which it is. OCSD had to be invited on the property.