Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These are actually postcards of River Country, but they are from our 1st WDW - and Fort trip December of 1980. Pretty tame (or some might say lame?) by today's water park standards, but in 1980 it was pretty impressive. The slides, etc also emptied into the lake - not a heated swimming pool. The water was PAINFULLY cold (even to someone from Milwaukee who grew up swimming in Lake Michigan), but we wanted to get the most out of the trip. It was a blast!!! post-141-0-44396900-1349116615_thumb.jpg

It doesn't look like the Fort to me- but that could be a Comfort Station there on the right. There aren't any playgrounds like this that close to any of the comfort stations now. And, if that is a comfort station, you would expect to see campsites in this shot. But, I guess a lot can change in 30 years. That playground equipment doesn't look like the kind of stuff Disney would use, even in the '80's.

TCD