Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

You will never see a 4 day world passport.

We have comemertive tickets we bought when they were building MGM Studio Park and that how it is worded on them, I think it was 1987 when we bought them.

The Disney/MGM studio didn't open until 1989

The tickets were being sold while the MGM Studio Park was being built, they did the same thing when they built EPCOT, they offered a 4 day World Passport Park ticket for $99 it is a black ticket with gold print in a black envelope, we were going to cash them in on our last trip but the castmember at our hotel recommended selling them on ebay at a better rate then exchanging for a current 4 day hopper ticket. But like all things you have to find that right buyer.

The tickets were being sold while the MGM Studio Park was being built, they did the same thing when they built EPCOT, they offered a 4 day World Passport Park ticket for $99 it is a black ticket with gold print in a black envelope, we were going to cash them in on our last trip but the castmember at our hotel recommended selling them on ebay at a better rate then exchanging for a current 4 day hopper ticket. But like all things you have to find that right buyer.

Funny Disney didn't start the project until late 1988. Disney created and started building the studio and please island after they saw the universal plans for the Orlando project. I know I was a CM back then

I remember they used to use the building to the right just as you walked into the MK I think right before the resturant Tony's, they had a big presentation and info then at the end offered deals on tickets, never thought that much about it then just wished we bought more then 2 of them, even the inlaws bought tickets. Now the best deal we could find on tickets was the DVC discount on AP's for $399 each.

servdepo-2.jpg

That's what Disney refers to the round house, right? We went there on the Magic Behind the Steam Tour, trains on the bottom and monorail above, not really a true railroad roundhouse but close enough.

That's what Disney refers to the round house, right? We went there on the Magic Behind the Steam Tour, trains on the bottom and monorail above, not really a true railroad roundhouse but close enough.

No the round house is at the Fort it's now a

maintains building or mouse keeping. I remember seeing the Fort trains stored there in 88-89

I like this photo, Todd.

Those trees all sure have grown. Some of them aren't there anymore too.

I remember you saying before that you used to be able to drive your golf cart on the road in front of Pioneer Hall. It looks like it's fenced off here. So, did that stop back in the 80's- or is the photo just misleading?

TCD

TCD this is totally misleading remember we talk about the sign in front of Trails End with the camp fire After talking to friends the camp fire was by the lake in the 70-some of the 80’s until they built the Meadows complex. To answer the question we did run carts in front of Pioneer Hall

TCD this is totally misleading remember we talk about the sign in front of Trails End with the camp fire After talking to friends the camp fire was by the lake in the 70-some of the 80’s until they built the Meadows complex. To answer the question we did run carts in front of Pioneer Hall

Now that I look more closely at the photo, it looks like the rail fence curves at the bottom right, so that would allow space for carts to drive through there.

It must have been hairy when Hoop Dee Do guests were going in and out of Pioneer Hall.

TCD