Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

I just realized this thread says 70s and 80s and my photo was from the 90s. :blush:

I have another stash of photos from Feb 1997 (Minnie Moo, birthday cake castle) that I can post in another thread so as not to stay too far from the decades in this thread.

I'd love to see your photos from 1997, Here or another thread- it doesn't matter to me.

TCD

I couldn't figure out how to embed a Picasa slideshow, so here's a link to the album.

I would have weeded a bunch of these photos, but sometimes you guys (*cough* TCD *cough*) notice things that the rest of us easily overlook.

It must have been announced that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was shutting down which prompted me to take the photo. My next trip wasn't until NYE 1999/2000.

I couldn't figure out how to embed a Picasa slideshow, so here's a link to the album.

I would have weeded a bunch of these photos, but sometimes you guys (*cough* TCD *cough*) notice things that the rest of us easily overlook.

It must have been announced that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was shutting down which prompted me to take the photo. My next trip wasn't until NYE 1999/2000.

I somehow missed this post last week, and just now looked at your slide show.

Awesome!

Those are some great photos. I did notice a lot of things that have changed at the Fort.

This one, and some of the others from the 1500 loop really show how much clearing has been done around the loops:

2013_02_21_19_32_13.jpg

TCD

Sometime back in the 80’s Orange County was looking to do a special tax just on Disney. Disney told Orange County ok and Disney started petitioning the state about becoming it own county. If that happened Disney would keep all tax revenue and not have to pay a dime to Orange County. State police can go anywhere in the state. Until 2001 Disney was treated as private property which it is. OCSD had to be invited on the property.

I think you might want to check into this. Disney is a Private entity but there still bound to local and state laws. They can't allow public in and keep law enforcement out. In fact they can only make state and local code more strict they cant lessen them It's Disney World not the ruby ridge

Cool pictures.

This one shows another thing that has changed greatly in the parks during the past 15 years. Film was very prominently advertised and displayed in those days. I remember not only the film shops but film kiosks throughout the parks.

2013_02_21_19_35_52.jpg

No it doesn't.

In 2011, Orange County schools came in 34th out of 67 school districts.

OC is not one of the better school districts

WE'RE NUMBER 34! WE'RE NUMBER 34!