Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

More great photos, Todd!

This one is interesting. I've tried to figure out where it was taken. My guess is that the train is traveling along Big Pine Drive toward where it would cross the road near where the Dog Park is currently. That would make the 500 loop to the left of the train in this photo:

FortWilderness01.jpg

This one again shows how much "wilderness" there used to be between the sites:

Camping1-1.jpg

Also, it's a good thing there's a fire extinguisher in the back of the truck. I guess that is torch fuel in your hand, and I see a gas tank in the truck too.

TCD

More great photos, Todd!

This one is interesting. I've tried to figure out where it was taken. My guess is that the train is traveling along Big Pine Drive toward where it would cross the road near where the Dog Park is currently. That would make the 500 loop to the left of the train in this photo:

This one again shows how much "wilderness" there used to be between the sites:

Also, it's a good thing there's a fire extinguisher in the back of the truck. I guess that is torch fuel in your hand, and I see a gas tank in the truck too.

TCD

TCD you are right the 500 loop is to the right of the train. The train is coming up to the playground and canoe beach on the left and where the Dog Park is today.

The second pic the red thing you see in my bronco is my lanner holder I still have both that lanner and holder today. We had 8 tiki torches buring every night and that fire extinguisher was the smallest one on our site. I had a fire extinguisher that was on wheels that they use at the airports.

• 3 weeks later...