RUMOR: New Illuminations show in the works?

This is from Screamscape - who hasn't been super reliable lately, so take it with a grain of salt.

(7/2/12) According to the latest whispers around Epcot, there is early talk about a possible new version of the nightly Illuminations show in the works. According to some of the rumors, the current Reflections of Earth video globe will be retired, but the new show will feature even more fireworks than the current show. Going back a bit to the roots of the original Illuminations show, the new show is said to tell the unique stories from the different cultures around the World Showcase pavilions.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#General

More from Screamscape...

(7/6/12) The latest buzz flying in about what we may see from the next version of Illuminations seems to indicate that we may see a little bit of what Disney has learned from building World of Color at California Adventure and the newest version of Fantastmic at Tokyo DisneySea. As mentioned before, the video globe will be retired, but new projection water screens and arrays of colored water fountains may be placed at select locations around the lagoon instead.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#General

I make no secret of the fact that Illuminations is not only a traditional WDW evening for me, but also my favorite of the nighttime shows at WDW. I'll be sad to see it go, but I won't complain unless the new show isn't good... then I'll complain loudly.