There have been a couple of postings of my favorite Mickey Waffles at Trail's End!!!

April2004223.jpg

I thought I would re-post from a 'Dis' cussion board that shall remain nameless. Anyway here 'tis.

Do You LOVE Mickey Waffles????? love01.gif I know I am not the only FW camper who has passion for those Mickey Waffles at the Trails End. Well a couple of years back I set out to learn how to make them at home. The reciepes I found on line, were not the real deal.

Our next trip to FW, we went to the source. eareek.gif We asked Willie, one of the Chefs working the Breakfast Buffet. He brought out the bag of mix that they use to mix up that golden batter.

We bought the batter and a Mickey Waffle maker, and pixiedust.gif like magic we had our genuine Mickey Waffles!!!!! party.gif

Just thought I would share that story as well as the link to purchase the mix:

http://shop.goldenmalted.com/

Here are some photos documenting our quest:

http://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=hikNta

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love the ribs at Flametree.

I have tried to find the recipe for this one from the Brown Derby. It was rated #1 by the whole bunch of us on our December trip.

Sterling Silver Pork Chop - topped with smoked gouda and apricot preserve served over Napa cabbage, bacon and potato hash with apple cider jus

154848_667985849291_45010545_34853261_6976598_n.jpg

Sorry TJ, I renamed it (again). The reason for changing the name was to prevent key word filters at work from denying access to ff.net. In that regard, "lust" is no better than "pictures of kitties." We just need to keep the title sounding clean enough to not raise a flag.

Sorry TJ, I renamed it (again). The reason for changing the name was to prevent key word filters at work from denying access to ff.net. In that regard, "lust" is no better than "pictures of kitties." We just need to keep the title sounding clean enough to not raise a flag.

Food Pictures was the best you could come up with? Where's the Snark? Surely (yes, I called you Shirley!) you can come up with a better name than that that will still pass the censors. What happen to Food Droolers, or Don't you wish you were eating this?, or OMG! How could you eat that (sub-titled) and not share with me! You get the idea ...

Tony, that's awesome!! Thank you for the link. I may need to buy some of that mix. Where did you get your waffle iron?

yes, where did you get the waffle iron? I've been looking all over and cant' find one! :popcorn:

That was a few years back, and all I know is I got it on-line. Not cheap, I think @ $70.00 Be aware if you do get one like mine, it does not make the thick waffles like at TEs.

Amazon has This One It makes 518ALYa-vJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Food Pictures was the best you could come up with? Where's the Snark? Surely (yes, I called you Shirley!) you can come up with a better name than that that will still pass the censors. What happen to Food Droolers, or Don't you wish you were eating this?, or OMG! How could you eat that (sub-titled) and not share with me! You get the idea ...

Food Envy Pictures? You think that has snark and "It works" Wake up and smell the Snarky Flamingo Poop!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...