Gift suggestions for baby of a hiking/camping family...

My cousin and his wife are having their first child - a boy. They are very active. Todd hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2006 and recently completed a triathalon. Suggestions please for baby gifts other than the normal receiving blankets and onesies. Under $50.

Thanks,

I don't know how you feel about gift cards, but what I about one from thier favorite outdoor store?

I'm sure they will find some harnesses/strollers for the baby there.

For such an active family, maybe a backpack cooler for the baby food. Igloo makes one that is great for NASCAR races. I'm sure it would be a great multi tasker for picnicks, etc.

Thanks for the ideas! I'm not opposed at all to gift cards. I might research what chain is in their area (south of Cleveland) and then they can decide on the booties, or backpack, or cooler themselves... although it is so much fun to shop for baby stuff.

This portable highchair looks quite useful; but it is a bit out of my price range.

http://www.theportablehighchair.com/Order_Today.html

(It's interesting to see what ads crop up on internet sites. This thread is talking about camping stuff and a Campmor ad is at the bottom of the page.)

I think it is great that you are thinking about the family as a whole unit and not just getting run of the mill baby things.

The suggestions have been great. I bet your cousin will really appreciate that you took the time to find a thoughtful gift.