:annce:

:jumpforjoy I have actually prepared one of my freezer meals! :rofl3:

This is a pot roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms in cream of mushroom soup & lipton's onion soup mix with a tad of beef broth.

photobucket-1489-1343775988719.jpg

Next time, I will not use as much liquid as we had way too much!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I mentioned this on the "What's for Dinner?" thread and was encouraged to start a new thread. The other day, i was wasting time on Pinterest, as saw the idea of Crockpot freezer meals. The idea s

Don't forget Stef's buffalo chicken recipe. It's awesome!

After Marty's post on the Dinner thread earlier, I checked out some of her links and did some shopping. I now have three meals prepped...all in under an hour. We are having Teriyaki Chicken tomorrow

I found out last week that I can buy the proscuitto "ends" and they're less than half the price of the stuff you buy sliced in the deli.

You need a really sharp knife to slice it nice and thin, but it's still just as delicious.

Our market sometimes has the ends of the other deli meats too - gonna have to try it.

Oh and one more tip.... cheese ends, especially parmesan or romano, are cheap and make awesome additions to soups and sauces! If your market doesn't automatically wrap and sell them in the refrig. cases, ask at the deli.

That is one thing I don't like about Publix - they won't sell meat or cheese ends. My sil (mom of 10 boys!) used to grind up the meat ends and mix them with mayo to make a yummy sandwich spread. I have wanted to try that, but haven't found a source for the meat ends. *sigh*

Right now, I am defrosting cube steaks that i wll put in the crockpot tomorrow with a simple homemade gravy. I think I will serve it with rice and a veggie. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is not a "crockpot freezer meal," but it is a freezer meal. I made this lasagna a couple of weeks ago. Pulled it out of the freezer last night, stuck it in the fridge and baked it this evening. Awesome homemade meal for Christopher's first day back at school!

photobucket-19753-1344894979541.jpg

mmmm... love lasagna! but, i have a problem with that pic.. that is the wrong plate-whose house are you at and who really made the meal? :rofl3:

just kidding!!! looks great, rita!

Those are our special "work week" plates. They are put out by Dixie I believe!

Ok, for those that have been doing some of these freezer meal...what have been your favorites?

We have really enjoyed the pork tacos, some of us liked the teriyaki chicken...I plan on doing a few more tomorrow and would love to know if any of you have ones that were a particular hit?

Dave, I loved the pot roast meal because it was a whole meal. I didn't really care for the Island Pork recipe, but the pork loin was so tender. I am definitely going to do some other meals with pork loin. I have been hoarding my meals so those are the only ones I can tell you about for sure!

ETA: We loved the Hawaiian BBQ chicken also! We shredded the chicken and made sandwiches with hawaiian rolls! Yummy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two lasagnas, 1 Chicken Tettrazini and 2 bags of shredded chicken in the freezer tonight! Tomorrow I am going to put up a couple more chicken meals, some hamburger patties and mini meat loafs and a couple of pork loin meals!

Did I miss the chicken tettrazini recipe, Rita? If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to have it. :))

Chicken Tetrazzini! I wish I could give you measurements etc. I just do it as I go.

Sometimes I use leg quarters, sometimes breast. Boil chicken. Remove chicken and pick meat off. Save stock. I have used boxed broth and canned chicken. It works, but not as good!

Saute onion, garlic til tender. Add diced chicken and saute a bit. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for a bit. Add cream of chicken soup and a jar of pimentos or two depending on how much you are making. I use one large jar for each large can of cream of chicken. I usually use 1 large can, but not all of it for a small batch. The pimentos are what makes this delicious!

Boil angel hair pasta in stock. I try to use just enough stock to cook the pasta without having much stock left. Drain the pasta but keep a a real teeny bit of stock to add to the mix. I usually do 1 box or so for a small lasagna pan.

Mix the pasta with everything else. Add some grated cheddar to the mix. I do this in an aluminum disposable pan. You can freeze at this point.

Cover with shredded cheddar and bake at 350 to 400 degrees until heated all the way through and golden bubbly on the top. I serve with salad and garlic bread.

ETA: If anyone was wondering why I am not a cookbook author this post probably makes it clear! LOL

Chicken Tetrazzini! I wish I could give you measurements etc. I just do it as I go.

Sometimes I use leg quarters, sometimes breast. Boil chicken. Remove chicken and pick meat off. Save stock. I have used boxed broth and canned chicken. It works, but not as good!

Saute onion, garlic til tender. Add diced chicken and saute a bit. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for a bit. Add cream of chicken soup and a jar of pimentos or two depending on how much you are making. I use one large jar for each large can of cream of chicken. I usually use 1 large can, but not all of it for a small batch. The pimentos are what makes this delicious!

Boil angel hair pasta in stock. I try to use just enough stock to cook the pasta without having much stock left. Drain the pasta but keep a a real teeny bit of stock to add to the mix. I usually do 1 box or so for a small lasagna pan.

Mix the pasta with everything else. Add some grated cheddar to the mix. I do this in an aluminum disposable pan. You can freeze at this point.

Cover with shredded cheddar and bake at 350 to 400 degrees until heated all the way through and golden bubbly on the top. I serve with salad and garlic bread.

ETA: If anyone was wondering why I am not a cookbook author this post probably makes it clear! LOL

Ooh, ooh, ooh thank you soooo much.

Oh and I can read and understand it just fine. ;)