That sounds good, Dave! It's so nice to have fresh stuff from your garden, then the stuff you put up makes it all worth it again!

Here is a pic of the chicken in the crockpot.They recommend cleaning your chicken and preparing it/seasoning etc before you freeze it. Thaw in the fridge. We used aluminum balls to lift it off the bottom, but you can use potatoes. It came out really great! Best thing...roasted chicken with no oven or grill heat!

please excuse missing wings, someone had to test it! :)

photobucket-1282-1342576383666.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I mentioned this on the "What's for Dinner?" thread and was encouraged to start a new thread. The other day, i was wasting time on Pinterest, as saw the idea of Crockpot freezer meals. The idea s

Don't forget Stef's buffalo chicken recipe. It's awesome!

After Marty's post on the Dinner thread earlier, I checked out some of her links and did some shopping. I now have three meals prepped...all in under an hour. We are having Teriyaki Chicken tomorrow

Mmmm.... looks yummy!

I did beef ribs last night in the crockpot for dinner tonight (long story - Brian doesn't like to leave it going during the day with the dogs home and us not) - carrots on the bottom, teriyaki, lots of sliced garlic, a little sweet chili sauce and a drizzle of spicy sriracha.

Couldn't resist having a taste this morning - YUM

Tonight we had our first meal from the freezer, Teriyaki chicken. It was delicious. We added red bell peppers, pineapple, cherries, baby corn and carrots to the recipe and I'm glad we did because they were delicious. Christopher made the sauce we had in ours, but i'm sue it would be fine with regular sauce. We cooked a big pot of jasmine rice to have with the meal tonight and tomorrow and some to freeze for the next one!

One thing I would do different is add some fresh fruit toward the end to make it look prettier.

Yesterday, I bought ground sirloin and some hamburger. I think I bought about 8 1/2 pounds. I used that to put 2 frozen ready for the crockpot sloppy joe meals, 1 taco meat bag, 6 quarts of spaghetti sauce in the freezer, a pot of sauce for dinner tomorrow night and a frozen lasagna! Whoo Hoo! 11 meals and enough for us to have lunch too! 22 meals!

Just found this thread!!! Love IT!! This is so what I was planning to do when we head down in November. Freeze them until we leave and then in the cooler until we are ready for them. Pop them in the crock pop in the morning and come back to the site and dinner is ready. I am just excited to start with some of these this weekend. Pay day equals food shopping. Instead of putting everything away I will package it all into meals. I'll let you know how it goes. Softball swim party first on Saturday. Thanks Marty!!!

Just found this thread!!! Love IT!! This is so what I was planning to do when we head down in November. Freeze them until we leave and then in the cooler until we are ready for them. Pop them in the crock pop in the morning and come back to the site and dinner is ready. I am just excited to start with some of these this weekend. Pay day equals food shopping. Instead of putting everything away I will package it all into meals. I'll let you know how it goes. Softball swim party first on Saturday. Thanks Marty!!!

Loretta, you will love having these meals! I hope you have better organizational skills than I do! Although, eventhough I may have went at it from 10 directions, we still got them done!

Just found this thread!!! Love IT!! This is so what I was planning to do when we head down in November. Freeze them until we leave and then in the cooler until we are ready for them.

Should be perfect. They'll thaw slowly in the cooler - should work great for a week's worth of meals.

I made two bags of chili when I first started doing this and froze them. Last week, I defrosted them on Friday night and put them in two crockpotss on on Saturday afternoon. I refrigerated the crocks on Saturday night, then put them back on Sunday morning before church. We brought company home from church and served them delicious chili, with my daughter's cornbread on the side. The company brought salad which made a nice, filling meal. I love that I can have people over and not have to fuss in the kitchen right when they arrive. :)

Truth be told, the crock pot and I have been doing this for some time. For the July 4th trip with Metal Dad and crew, all 3 of our dinners (main courses) were frozen just like you recommended. Gallon size ziploc works great. Also, I may have skipped seeing this in earlier posts, but for camping, bringing crockpot liners or x-large oven bags saves on clean up.