Groups, Groups, And More Groups

If you hate groups, you'll be glad you're not at WDW.

It was wall to wall groups today at MK. It was like running a gauntlet in order to get backstage from the turnstiles this morning.

I'm assuming it's the same at the other parks.

Wait times right now are one to two hours for the most popular attractions at MK, so I'm guessing that they have something to do with that.

I had never seen a tour group at Disney until our last trip, 2 weeks ago (we usually go at the end of November, so I guess we luck out then.) I couldn't believe the number of groups there at the end of June! As we were walking to the bus stop from the Poly to get my daughter to DHS for her dance performance, a huge group sort of swallowed us up on their way to the bus stop. The whole wait I was doing my own chant, willing them to stay away from DHS until after we got there, lol! (It worked, btw....I'm very powerful that way :laugh: !)

We've run into them from time to time. Usually I turn to DH and whisper "RUN!! Don't let them get to the line first!"

:rofl2:

Why run, they send their scout ahead so they can all but in front of everybody!!!!!

Looking at some of those kids in any park is enough to give me an idea of why their families shipped them out for the summer. One teen goofing off in the street tripped over DH's scooter and landed on his lap. Got up and went off with his friends embarassed & laughing, saying something about "Poppi". DH was less than amused. I tried not to but I couldn't help but laugh. They're just kids. And it's obvious they're having a good time. That brings out my happy smile despite the fact that they're still downright annoying.

It's the leaders with their flags, oblivous attitudes, and fists full of fastpasses I blame. They're supposed to be the ones in control but I have yet to see one act like it unless you count waving those flags.

Sunday was especially bad in MK. DH & I left the park around 8:45pm. It looked like an entire continent was lining the sidewalks from curb to wall all the way down Main street. Started right up at the castle and there were groups in various tour shirts at least 8 deep on both sides of the street with more lining the circle at the bottom waiting for the parade. Every once in a while you'd spot an unsuspecting tourist-type family tucked in the midde but not nearly as many of those on main street as I'd have thought there'd be. I guess maybe they all ran too...

I could tell plenty of stories about them last summer when I was leading a few tours. They were at POR with us and I had more than 1 altercation with them. One resulted in my pulling out my phone and calling security as well as my sales manager. They were sitting in parking spaces and not letting my handicapped guests park. They were knocking on doors in the middle of the night. Just obnoxious. I get that they're kids, but they're out of control kids. They guides think they own the place and are just rude.

When I was talking to security/front desk/sales manager during the trip, they all just asked that all guests file complaints if they have one that's legitimate. That's the only way anything will be done since they bring in major $$.