My Disney Experience App now available for Android, iPhone and iPad

Breaking news, in the parks now, the latest in park maps and entertainment schedules.

Disney is calling it "park maps and entertainment schedules". Their marketing people are amazing to come up with that name.

They're available FREE, yup free, to anyone entering the parks that hasn't gone brain dead from using their smart phone. That rules out most of you.

This innovation appears on a material called, PAPER, that is only .003 of an inch thick. This paper stuff comes with a feature that allows you to fold it. If you're able accomplish this amazing feat, it will easily fit in your pocket and you hardly know it's there.

If you drop it, not to worry, it's shock proof. If you lose it, you can replace it free of charge.

CMs are conducting map folding sessions throughout the parks should this be too much of a challenge, which, again, I know it will be for most of you.

No app for me, I would waste more time trying to figure it out, than I would with a good old paper map! I happen to be great with a map!!

I happen to be really good with an old paper map. However, the app works for us who have kids and must ride rides!

I understand that but you have to remember, by the time I dig through my purse to find my glasses so I could actually see the darn thing, and then fat finger it through the process, the park would be closed. :rofl2:

I understand that but you have to remember, by the time I dig through my purse to find my glasses so I could actually see the darn thing, and then fat finger it through the process, the park would be closed. :rofl2:

You have to plan. Small purse that fits - KTTW, DL, Medical Card, Phone, and any necessary meds.....

You have no idea the time I have spent in search of the perfect purse. Only to change phones and have to start the search over.... Just replace your fat finger typing and in purse searching, for the quest of the perfect Disney Purse. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

• 3 weeks later...

More details on the app...

It includes a state-of-the-art map with GPS that include 3-D models for a vivid, accurate representation of Walt Disney World, including all theme parks, water parks, WDW hotels, Downtown Disney and the ESPN WWoS Complex. This is the first interactive map of WDW produced by Disney.

Because of the GPS functionality, you will be able to easily see what's near you at any moment.

The app is currently available for iPhone and iPad, with the Android phone version scheduled to be released in September. Android tablet, Windows and Blackberry versions are scheduled for release later this fall.

Would be nice if you could check in for your ADR from your smartphone. As long as the GPS on your phone was within a certain proximity of the restaurant, it could allow you to check in remotely, and would text you when your table was ready (or close to being ready).

And maybe the App could cut your food up for you into small pieces or maybe pre-chew it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

From WDW Magic...

'My Disney Experience' official mobile app now available for Android

Sep 05, 2012 | 10:09pm EDT

The new official Walt Disney World app 'My Disney Experience' is now available on Android smartphones for download from Google Play. Amazon Android Marketplace downloads will also soon be available.

The app has been available for iPhone and iPad since early August 2012, with other platforms to be available later in the year.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resorts-information/news/05sep2012-%27my-disney-experience%27-official-mobile-app-now-available-for-android.htm

A friend is asking about a Hidden Mickey app. There are a few out there and some are expensive (keeping tracking of who finds each Hidden Mickey.) I don't go looking for them... if i see one it's fun but that's it. Anyone purchased one of the apps? If so, which one and do you like it?

Thanks

As a highly paid, self proclaimed, professional Hidden Mickey, Deliberate Mickey, Accidental Mickey, and Natural Mickey, expert, a lot of the Hidden Mickeys found by rank amateurs, like you, and posted on those apps are incorrectly diagnosed.

Send me the money, tips gladly accepted, that you would pay for the app along with photos of the so called Hidden Mickeys, but probably are not, and I will correctly classify them.

From WDW Magic. Follow the link for images...

Disney update both official iPhone Apps including a mobile chat with guest relations

Sep 20, 2012 | 11:03am EDT

Disney has updated both of its official Walt Disney World iPhone apps.

The older 'Mobile Magic' app has received an update for a pilot of a new mobile chat feature. It allows guests to communicate with a Disney Cast Member directly from their iPhone between 10am and 7pm.

The newer 'My Disney Experience' iPhone app now supports the iPhone 5, extends park hours information to 90 days out, adds additional point of interests on the maps, and increases the frequency of wait time updates.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resorts-information/news/20sep2012-disney-update-both-official-iphone-apps-including-mobile-chat-with-guest-relations.htm