Im sure a lot of you know this especially Lou, but we found out the hard way that if there is lightning within a certain number of miles from bay lake, the small boats that do the lodge, contemporary and the fort stop running. We had Ressies at ohana Friday night and barely made it. Luckily they sent one of th MK boats to make the resort rounds. I guess they were ready to stop the monorails due to the storm and we just made it. Just some food for thought if your traveling in a storm

It would be especially bad if you were stuck on a monorail with no A/C, AFTER eating at Ohana.

LoL....I will have to say the food was much better last time we went. I guess it's like every place, they have to have a bad day every now and then

I won't use the monorails in a thunderstorm. I have heard to many times power goes out and your stuck with no A/C no thank you. But who knows you can't believe everything on the net.

I am hyperventilating at the mere thought of this.

I didn't know that about the boats either....thanks for the info!

Im sure a lot of you know this

And if the weather conditions are such that even the the big boats and monorails have to be shut down, buses would be redirected to pick up at the Fort for MK. Then another bus from MK to the Poly.

Disney will not leave you stranded. Buses always operate, except during a hurricane.

And if the weather conditions are such that even the the big boats and monorails have to be shut down, buses would be redirected to pick up at the Fort for MK.

That's happened to us before. It was so windy they shut the boats down, but they ran a bus from the Settlement Depot to the MK. And yes, Lou, we got there faster than if we had taken the boat.

Thank god for the buses. Our concern was once we got to the poly what if it rained worse. I guess the bus would be the route then have to take an internal bus back to the settlement to get the golf cart to drive in the pouring rain back to the camper. And to think this was supposed to be a relaxing vacation...lol

That's happened to us before. It was so windy they shut the boats down, but they ran a bus from the Settlement Depot to the MK. And yes, Lou, we got there faster than if we had taken the boat.

Boats are good if by chance you get lucky. Our trip back from the poly was just that. As we stepped out of the poly, the monorail was waiting with doors open. A quick stop at the MK then we were at the docks of the contempory just to see the fort boat just pulling up. Total trip from Ohana table to the fort dock 20 minutes. Not bad

Disney will not leave you stranded. Buses always operate, except during a hurricane.

I'm not picking on the busses (yet), but would the busses be stopped yet other areas of WDW be functioning? I.e. would everything be shut down during the hurricane?

Will Disney pass up $$$ and close the shops too!

During Hurricane Jeane, ALL of the parks closed and DTD closed. They evacuated the Fort. Guests were told not to drive ANYWHERE. We were at All-Star Movies. The front desk complex with food court, shop, and front desk were officially closed. Technically, we were NOT supposed to leave our rooms. This was from 9pm on Sun till 9pm on Monday. Things slacked up about noon on Monday, and they did open the front area back up. Still no buses anywhere and no parks open. We kinda wandered the resort and took pictures of the minimal damage. We never lost power or water. The pools were a mess.

would everything be shut down during the hurricane?

Yes, with the parks closed and resorts at a standstill, there is no need to run the buses except maybe for special situations.

No one is supposed to be out before, during, and shortly after a hurricane or the police will get on your case.

Will Disney pass up $$$ and close the shops too!

They have no choice.