Thoughts On Another Ghost Hunt Plus Other Ohio Stuff

Since we didn't get back to the hotel till after 6:00 AM Thursday, we showered and then crashed for a few hours.

Thursday Points of Interest... Lancaster, Ohio is home to several glass manufacturers. You probably know Anchor Hocking from their glass measuring cups and bakeware. Here is a bit of interesting information on Lancaster Glass from The Virtual Tourist:

By 1916, this glass company had completed the first glass furnaces, and Lancaster Glass started manufacturing its own glass. Of historical significance is the fact that by 1919, the company had received a government contract to construct thirty 60-inch diameter reflectors to used in battleships and anti-aircraft search light in WWI. It is so remarkable that in 1934, Lancaster Glass Company produced 25 hand-blown glass reflector to be placed in the torch of the Statue of Liberty for its 50th anniversary. By 1948, Lancaster Glass used automatic machine production of glass and produced "cathode ray tubes for Zenith, RCA, and Admiral & military applications". In 1982, they acquired Fostoria, and Fostoria glassware was produced in Lancaster.

Read more:

There is a new Glass Museum in downtown that we wanted to visit but we didn't have enough time to do it justice. We did get to watch a glass blowing demonstration.

133.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

Lancaster was a thriving town prior to the Civil War and a stop on the Underground Railroad. It has quite a few buildings of that time period that are open to the public. One is the home of controversial Civil War General William Tecumsah Sherman. We met my cousin's husband there a spent the next hour taking a guided tour. The local historical society has done a nice job preserving it. http://www.fairfieldheritage.org/

Here is a pic of the Civil War era canon by the front porch:

134.jpg

Friday was family stuff, a shopping expedition to Columbus with my DD and then packing to head home on Saturday AM.

Here are a few pictures to round out the TR.

This should be the official FF.net wine glass:

135.jpg

All those dirt spots are Texas natural gas wells:

146.jpg

I think this is the Mississippi River. I love seeing where the river is and where it used to be. The geography is fascinating:

139.jpg

The clouds are building up and it will be raining when we land:

144.jpg

When Joyce and I finish reviewing the voice recordings from Mansfield, I'll post the results. We captured a bit of activity. :banana:

We are listening to our digital voice recordings this evening. Note to self: Next time, voice recorder sessions should be more controlled. Everyone sits down. The recorders should be away from everyone since they pick up every little noise. Breathing can sound like King Kong is sitting there! Try to pick a time when the HVAC isn't running.

Lesson learned from a friend....always remember to pause them when using the restroom. LOL

Judy do you travel much to Ghost Hunt? My DH has been to quite a few places in th elast several years. His evidence is quite compelling, even for the sceptic.

Judy-

I meant to comment on the Longaberger part of your report.

I think it may by my fault that they're going out of business.

A Longaberger rep just so happened to live across the street from us when Mrs. TCD and I first got married.

She got Mrs. TCD hooked.

Oh man, do we have a lot of this stuff.

Finally, I convinced Mrs. TCD to stop.

It was hard, but she did.

Now I see that that without her purchases the company is folding.

Sad.

TCD

Lesson learned from a friend....always remember to pause them when using the restroom. LOL

Judy do you travel much to Ghost Hunt? My DH has been to quite a few places in th elast several years. His evidence is quite compelling, even for the sceptic.

That's like all the people at work who aren't allowed to talk on their cell phones at their decks so they go the the restrooms and talk on their phones while they do their business. Something very wrong with that.

Joyce and I have been to The Stanley Hotel twice, once for a Ghost Hunters weekend seminar. We would like to link up with a local group but the one we had our eyes on disbanded because the leader passed away.

Judy-

I meant to comment on the Longaberger part of your report.

I think it may by my fault that they're going out of business.

A Longaberger rep just so happened to live across the street from us when Mrs. TCD and I first got married.

She got Mrs. TCD hooked.

Oh man, do we have a lot of this stuff.

Finally, I convinced Mrs. TCD to stop.

It was hard, but she did.

Now I see that that without her purchases the company is folding.

Sad.

TCD

Back when my DD was a Longaberger rep, I bought baskets on a regular basis to help her pay the rent. It would have been cheaper if I'd just given her the money. Nice products; but, the pottery went downhill when they pulled the production from Roseville (which I understand led to the company's demise) and sent it to China. The baskets are first rate but at a steep cost. People like Mrs. TCD and I who quit purchasing their product led to their demise; but, my house, car and trailer are all paid off.

Sorry Longaberger employees.

Thanks, Jeff.

EVP report...

So far the most impressive EVP came from the West cell block, 3rd floor. The first part is unintelligible; but, it ends with "I'm scared up here". Also west cell block, twice within two minutes it sounds like cell doors closing. We heard them that night and Brian the Volunteer was smoking outside on the patio at the time and heard it, also. Joyce and I were the only two actually in the cell block. This confirms what we heard that night. There was also a heavier metal on metal sound.

When we were in the infirmary there was a good bit of background noise. When I asked "what's your name" you can hear a response that sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher speaking a 3 syllable word. Can't tell what was said; but, it was definitely not part that night's background noise.

East cell block, sounds of tapping on metal.

West Admin, DSIL Brian asked a question and the response sounds like "No".

Video:

West Admin - Joyce was video taping with her infrared camera and full spectum light. You can see the light reflecting in an internal window, it goes dark as if someone or something moves between the light and the window, then we can see the reflection again.

We have about 60 minutes of audio yet to review. If there is anything interesting, I'll let you know.

:10220:

Judy, what does EVP stand for?

And needless to say, I think you're nuts, but in a good way.

Thanks, Lou. I take that as a compliment. :rofl2:

Sorry about the acronym. EVP stands for Electronic Voice Phenomena. Here is a definition I found online... "(EVP) are recordings of voice or voice-like sounds that are not audible to the human ear. The frequencies of these sounds are reportedly well below the range of sounds that can be perceived by the human ear. Typically, but not always, they are short having a length of only one word or a short phrase."

While the cell doors closing and other metallic noises don't fit into this definition, they are noises we didn't necessarily hear (or note) while we were there.