Chilling on a Fort road... Pam & Starla's July 4 with the squatters

or, in my mother's words, "July 4 was weeks ago - are you ever coming home?"

If given a choice I think we can all guess the answer to that one. It's a short one syllabel answer that might symbolically swirl off my tongue. I was good though, I bit my tongue. Sometimes so hard it was a miracle I didn't look like Scrooge's partner Marley with his drape of gauze wrapped around the head to keep his mouth closed.

However, in all fairness, I couldn't blame her. We did take their grandchildren away for over a month so eventually we'd have to come home. We had to. Honestly.

We did... didn't we?

I'm still not sure. Next summer maybe we'll test that theory more closely. For now though, I'll share a few highlights from this summer while dreaming of the next...

In this TR we'll be looking at those warm sunny days beginning June 21 and ending July 30. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have given the number of days involved. Beside singing along with Jason Aldean & Kix Brooks, this report is titled "Chillin on a fort road" b/c that's exactly what we did - no spreadsheets or excess drama allowed.

EDITED TO ADD - this TR quickly turned into a train wreck of truly fiendish proportions with a hijack that somehow managed to reach ff.net's 100,000th post and beyond while the squatter & Nicki explored imaginary parts of our trip. For those who don't want to read thru the SQUAT - you'll find updates on pages 4, 12, & 13, then skip to page 15 where we'll pick back up with our previously scheduled adventures...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

or, in my mother's words, "July 4 was weeks ago - are you ever coming home?" If given a choice I think we can all guess the answer to that one. It's a short one syllabel answer that might symbolically

Pam went to the pool and kicked some local's ass. How's that for trip reporting?

Oh don't be silly guys. That what fiends are for right? It was an epic derailment. I only hope what I write will be worthy. The pressure is on now. LOL even TCD can't say he broke a ff 200,000 post mi