When Is The Next Bus Coming?

Good news, kinda, for those that think that there should be airport type monitors at the resort bus stops showing bus arrival times.

A test, I said a test, at the GF will be conducted that will do just that. There's a monitor already there showing crap, so it's just a matter of displaying the bus info which is available.

I'm skeptical because it's taken 6 years to get the automated bus dispatch system implemented and it's still not working that well.

Will the last rider on the bus be given a card to give to the cast member at the destination so they can update wait times?

We were asked by one of those survey takers at DTD about the busses. One of those had to do with a countdown timer which I thought was a terrific idea. She asked lots of questions but most seemed to be related to our expectations and how long was too long. It was odd, one question actually made it sound as though they thought if we waited too long we'd give up and go back to our room. It asked something like "at what point would you give up" but it was worded in survey-speak.

Maybe they were really asking at what point would we go screaming incoherently to anyone who'd listen. Little did she know that I knew even that would make no difference.

I told her the busses should always be sitting there just waiting on me. Then I answered the true question and said if they advertise every 20 mins then 20 mins should be the longest wait.

Then I answered the true question and said if they advertise every 20 mins then 20 mins should be the longest wait.

But they don't advertise it as every 20 minutes. The exact wordage is "approximately every 20 minutes". And what does approximately mean?

Waits of 30, 40, minutes are common.

As I keep saying, stay off the damn buses.

As I keep saying, stay off the damn buses.

LOL we know. in fact, I'd venture to guess that on at least half of our bus trips somebody said how we should of listened to Lou. We some rather interesting adventures in transportation in July... :bus-047:

I still don't get it.

the cards are for updating FP ride times. they hand a card to a guest as you get in line and you hand it back at the end so they can judge how long it took.

I thought it was pretty funny too.

ahh, but you wouldn't know the line was over 30mins if somebody before you wasn't given a card.

It's the circle of life ride...

Speaking of wait times, the longest wait time, other than that idiotic Peter Pan's Flight ride, is 25 minutes. Not a bad day to be at MK.

Who waits in line for 60 minutes to ride that cheesy Peter Pan ride? It's right up there with IASW.

In 1983, Peter pan was a walk on. My wife and I rode it at least 3 times one right after another.

I agree, but oddly enough that's David's favorite attraction. Something about childhood memories.

yes, well my husband and kids love IASW.... I refuse. As a matter of fact, I will go stand in line for two hours to ride SM before I get on IASW. Those little dolls kinda freak me out. One day they are all gonna go Revenge Of Chucky on someone....

Now, I'm kinda scared to ride it myself! Y'all trip me out!

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Any ride that someone with a Jig Saw, parts that you can pick up at your local hardware store, plywood, and that can be built in their garage, is something that you should be very afraid of.

yes, well my husband and kids love IASW.... I refuse. As a matter of fact, I will go stand in line for two hours to ride SM before I get on IASW. Those little dolls kinda freak me out. One day they are all gonna go Revenge Of Chucky on someone....

:rofl2: