Campground Ettiquette and horror stories

Late arrivals:   

If you are arriving at a park after normal quiet hours, attempt some degree of stealth behavior. Not that it is easy to be unobtrusive pulling in an RV. But keep the set-up to the minimum required for the night. Your neighbors will understand that you need to pull in and hook up. They have probably been in the same situation. But they will lose patience if they spend an hour listening to loud conversation, slamming doors and arguments over how to level the rig. Do what is essential and remember that tomorrow is another day. The same sort of courtesy should be used if you are making an early morning departure. Don?t keep the engine idling for an hour before you leave. Tidy up your campsite the night before.

If you do end up arriving late get some walkie talkies so the driver and the spotter aren't yelling and swearing at each other.  Well they'll probably swear just in the walkie talkie so only they will hear.

Dan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Resurrecting this thread from the grave as I have seen a lot of relevant posts lately about rude campers.   TN22 and I grew up camping and there were always VERY aware of campground etiquette -   - Do

One of my pet peeves is when you fit time in your trip to get some laundry done and some other camper will have used one or more washers/dryers and just leave their clothes lying in the machines long after the cycles have finished.

In college we used to just take them out and leave 'em on the table.

One of my pet peeves is when you fit time in your trip to get some laundry done and some other camper will have used one or more washers/dryers and just leave their clothes lying in the machines long after the cycles have finished.

I've done that at the Fort, too. And the clothes weren't completely dry, either.  When you snooze,  you lose.

We had purchased a solar globe that changes colors for the top of our flag pole and some ass decided that he was going to shoot his green laser at it which made it spark over the 4th of july holiday last year!! Hubby was more then pissed and was about to knock the guys block off cause the guy and his drunk pack of 15 or so people thought it was funny! Needless to say they guy got scared and called the police.. long story short the po po were looking for the ones in the area that were pointing a laser in the sky at the stat medivac helicopter when it was flying in the area!! Guess who got arrested... Ha Ha Ha!!! Karma is a Bitch aint it!!!!

:)

About the only thing I have seen that really burns my crust other than the rude, in-a-hurry people, are the jerk-offs that think parking in front of your campsite so they can catch a boat to the MK is ok.  :bday: Had one do this the last time I was there. He left his car in the way the entire day.  Another was the guy next to us that turned on his outside TV very loud and then went back in his coach. He never did watch the TV.

About the only thing I have seen that really burns my crust other than the rude, in-a-hurry people, are the jerk-offs that think parking in front of your campsite so they can catch a boat to the MK is ok.  :rofl2: Had one do this the last time I was there. He left his car in the way the entire day.  Another was the guy next to us that turned on his outside TV very loud and then went back in his coach. He never did watch the TV.

You mean to tell me that the person in front of your campsite didn't have trouble with air leaking from his tires?:rofl2: :heart:

Or the floor.  :rofl2:

Its perfectly acceptable to take them out and leave them on the table in my opinion.

About the only thing I have seen that really burns my crust other than the rude, in-a-hurry people, are the jerk-offs that think parking in front of your campsite so they can catch a boat to the MK is ok.  :popo: Had one do this the last time I was there. He left his car in the way the entire day.  Another was the guy next to us that turned on his outside TV very loud and then went back in his coach. He never did watch the TV.

You mean to tell me that the person in front of your campsite didn't have trouble with air leaking from his tires???? :rofl2:

It seems to me that you could take this up with the staff at FW (maybe after he looses air from his tires?) and they would probably remove the car.  They dont have any right to park in a loop - thats just crazy.

About the only thing I have seen that really burns my crust other than the rude, in-a-hurry people, are the jerk-offs that think parking in front of your campsite so they can catch a boat to the MK is ok.  ;) Had one do this the last time I was there. He left his car in the way the entire day.  Another was the guy next to us that turned on his outside TV very loud and then went back in his coach. He never did watch the TV.

You mean to tell me that the person in front of your campsite didn't have trouble with air leaking from his tires???? :rofl2:

In this instance I decided to take the high road and try to ignore it. Really hard though. Normally I wouldn't. I just wrote it off to another inconsiderate a-hole. Seems like the world is getting more and more of them. Good thing I had already had my coffee, or things might have been different.

It seems to me that you could take this up with the staff at FW (maybe after he looses air from his tires?) and they would probably remove the car.  They dont have any right to park in a loop - thats just crazy.

About the only thing I have seen that really burns my crust other than the rude, in-a-hurry people, are the jerk-offs that think parking in front of your campsite so they can catch a boat to the MK is ok.  8) Had one do this the last time I was there. He left his car in the way the entire day.  Another was the guy next to us that turned on his outside TV very loud and then went back in his coach. He never did watch the TV.

You mean to tell me that the person in front of your campsite didn't have trouble with air leaking from his tires????::)

Oh no officer I have no clue who would do a thing like that.. such a shame that there are people in this world that mean!! LOL :toiletreading:

In this instance I decided to take the high road and try to ignore it. Really hard though. Normally I wouldn't. I just wrote it off to another inconsiderate a-hole.

DH said he would have hooked up the vehicle to ours and towed it out into the middle of I-4.... and he has the tools/stuff to do it.  :rofl2:

Please don't drive down the wrong way in the loop

Donnie....

We are guilty of this BUT.......we found out after driving through the WHOLE loop after registering that our cabin was the LAST cabin in the loop. You could literally see it when you turned onto Willow Way. After the first time, we simply looked for any coming traffic and zipped over to the cabin albeit going the wrong way. I just couldn't see driving all the way around everytime. Hope that's excusable in this case.  :jumpforjoy

I can believe some of these stories.  People are sooooo rude!!  One one of our trips we were in the 1500 loop in our pop up.  in the next two sites were Disney Tents set up for a young girls birthday party.  Of course they were up all night squeeling, giggling and screaming.  That wasnt quite as bad as the morning when they were up at the crack of dawn starting all over again,.  The adults did nothing watsoever to quiet them down.  DH called the office and they sent someone down but it didnt help at all.  The screaming and squeeling continued until i gave up and got dressed and left the site for the day.  On that same trip someone had a dog tied up outside in the next loop right next to the comfort station that barked allll day long.  No one was in site and we complained about that as well but no one did anything about it. 

For those of you who have a problem with people cutting through sites I have a secret weapon. Her name is Grandma. She's from Charleston, comes in about a 5'8" package and rules like a dictator. When she's in the 1700 loop I dare you to cut through her site. You may say nasty words but trust me they won't hurt her and she has a posse that will get you in the middle of the night. Below is a sample of the posse.

Bluehills.jpg

When I was a teenager - back in the dark ages - we were camping at a local campground and a young couple moved into the site next to us.  They were French Canadians with little modesty.  They had a very small tent and chose to dress and undress outside.  My brother and I sat and watched them attentively to make sure no small animals attacked them while they were dressing.  It was he least we could do.

That was just GOOD etiquette

When I was a teenager - back in the dark ages - we were camping at a local campground and a young couple moved into the site next to us.  They were French Canadians with little modesty.  They had a very small tent and chose to dress and undress outside.  My brother and I sat and watched them attentively to make sure no small animals attacked them while they were dressing.  It was he least we could do.

That was just GOOD etiquette

WOW, what a good neighbor you are!!!  :rofl2:

Speaking of nudity - it is not OK to remove your bathing suit top in front of my children.  Nor is it Ok to have a heated make out session in the hot tub while the entire pool is full of children 15' away.  You will find sand flying in your direction or the cast members comming over to tell you to calm down - if POPO whipperwhirl is around.   

Is it okay to let em' RIP first thing in the morning while I am sipping my coffee under the awning or is that a bad thing? I usually have a couple of fans going to clear it out of my site so no one really knows where it came from. There are a lot of wild animals at the Fort, so, you know, who is to say it was not one of them. 8)