I think I've seen them before but I can't find them now. We have never been to the Fort and we will have a golf cart. Can someone please direct me to or send me the rules governing golf carts. Thanks

P.s. Lou I will try to stay out of the way of all the buses, and if I get in your way let me know and I'll bake you an apple pie.

Lou I will try to stay out of the way of all the buses, and if I get in your way let me know and I'll bake you an apple pie.

You'll never have to worry about getting in my way as I'm exempt from having to drive any of the internal buses at the Fort. Just lucky I guess.

Below are the GC rules.

GENERAL VEHICLE RULES

• Obey all posted traffic signs (such as, speed limits) and the rules and regulations established by Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Watch for bicycles, pedestrians, and other vehicular traffic.

• All vehicles must adhere to “school bus” policy; all traffic must come to a full and complete stop (including oncoming

traffic) until all passengers boarding and disembarking a bus are clear. Traffic will resume when the bus starts moving.

• Drivers may not have open containers of alcohol while operating vehicles, nor be under the influence of alcohol, chemical substances or controlled substances.

• The use of any electronic communication device to send or read text messages, e‐mails or any other written

communication while operating a vehicle is prohibited.

• A hands‐free device must be used for all cellular phone calls taking place while operating a vehicle.

GENERAL CART RULES

• Follow the General Vehicle Rules above.

• All Florida Rules of the Road apply while operating carts on Fort Wilderness property, whether privately owned or a Walt

Disney World Rental.

• Cart drivers must be at least 16 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license. The license must remain with the driver at all times while operating the cart. Driver’s Learner Permits are not acceptable.

• Children are not permitted to sit on driver’s lap. Young children may sit on passenger’s lap while being secured by the passenger.

• Children may not assist in driving the cart at any time.

• Passengers in carts must stay seated at all times.

• Every passenger must sit in a seat. No standing.

• Carts must stay within the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Carts should only be parked in designated cart parking areas.

• Carts must remain on roadways and designated cart paths only. Off‐roading is prohibited.

• Larger vehicles have “right of way”. Carts must yield to larger vehicles. Keep to the right on roadways to allow larger vehicles to pass and yield to pedestrians.

Golf cart privileges at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground may be revoked from those not abiding by the above rules and regulations.

PRIVATE CART RULES

• Follow General Vehicle and General Cart Rules above.

• Must be golf style carts; Off‐road, ATV, utility or construction‐type carts are not permitted.

• Must have maximum speed not to exceed 20 MPH

• Must be equipped with head and tail lights to operate after dusk.

MOTORCYCLES, NEIGHBORHOOD ELECTRIC VEHICLE (NEV)

and GLOBAL ELECTRIC MOTORCARS (GEM)

• Follow General Vehicle Rules above.

• Remain on roadways and not on sidewalks

• Parking is prohibited in designated golf cart areas

• Must be equipped with head and tail lights to operate after dusk.

BICYCLES and RECREATIONAL DEVICES

• All Florida Rules of the Road apply while operating any bicycles (privately owned or Walt Disney World rental) and any

electronic personal assistance mobility devices (EPAMDs), such as, Segways.

• Bicycles and electronic personal assistance mobility devices (EPAMDs), such as, Segways, must be equipped with head and tail lights to operate after dusk.

• Florida State Law requires that all bike riders under the age of 16 wear a bike helmet.

• Bicycles, provided the Florida Bicycle Traffic Laws are followed, and electronic personal assistance mobility devices

(EPAMDs), such as, Segways, may be used on sidewalks, paths, and roadways.

• Skates, kick and electric scooters, and electric mobility devices must be used on sidewalks and paths only. No roadway

use.

• Skateboards, ripsticks, gas‐powered scooters, motorized dirt bikes, and personal watercrafts are not permitted.

Everyone should bookmark this page...

FORT FIENDS SITE MAP

That is your handy dandy access to all the info we're stockpiling on the website side of things. If you don't find it there, definitely ask. Better yet, also let me know so I can be sure to put up a page for it! :D

Oh and for anyone that might need it, the "all things golf carts" page is here...

http://www.fortfiend...erness-and-r100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...