Wonders of Life Pavilion Slated for "Selective Demolition"

Body Wars started my rocky relationship with virtual reality rides. It wasn't a good start and I gave them up for good a couple of years later. I can deal with a real roller coaster all day (love them!) but the virtual rides kill me.

I enjoyed being part of the team that attacked that giant splinter

I actually just heard the ride audio today on Live365.

Tim Matheson did a bang up job as Captain Braddock.

Monique it has to do with how well the video is synced with the motion. I've read for years from the Unofficial Guide and other sources that Body Wars was a bit "off". It made me queasy too. A few years ago Star Tours was fine for me, however. Towards the end, before it's rehab, I couldn't ride Star Tours anymore either. Since the rehab and with the 3D, once again I can ride Star Tours.

Mission Space messes me up too. Not the centrifuge itself, but the simulator motion after you come out of "sleep" dodging asteroids. I LOVE the launch, but not the 6 DOF, slightly "off" simulator.

Veeeeery interesting! The ones I've tried were Body Wars, Star Tours (old version), Back to the Future at Universal and the Polar something-or-other one at Sea World. That last one just about did me in.

But now that you say it, none of those were new attractions at the time, so possible they could have been a bit off.

Interestingly I rode the new Harry Potter ride, even though I was leery of the "flying through the movie" parts. I found that as long as I looked straight ahead and didn't look down, it was fine.

Ditto Soarin, although that's a much more gentle ride. Even still, I waited years before I even attempted it.

I may just have to give Star Tours another go and try this out!

Oh I'm pretty sure Mission Space would result in many people taking inventory of the last several meals I'd eaten. 8)

• 2 months later...

I have been selectively demolishing my house for years. No big deal.

Body wars was the only virtual ride I could not handle. It was very intense, and I am pretty sure the theory re. being out of synch is the reason.

We loved Body Wars! Oddly enough, I never got sick in there. I can't ride Mission Space, Soarin', Tot, RRNC, EE, Star Wars, etc.

Weird, half of those I'm fine on, the other half I avoid. Teacups are also on my no ride list.