Do You Remember Your First Time?

Apparently there is a limit to how many responses you can respond to, so we'll do that and then move on.

The seats look great and the baby is adorable. Looking forward to more.

Hey! I made it to JR FIEND!!

Thanks for reading, more coming right up!

Congrats on being a JR fiend!

I am really excited about this TR!! If those jello shots are any indication, it's gonna be very entertaining. You guys have my kind of fun.

That baby is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. I hope she makes another appearance in this TR. I love babies!!

Boys are so lucky. The world is their toilet.

Thanks FP4. Happy to have you along.

We do have a lot of fun!

So much fun that we ended up having Nate make 30 more Jello shots to bring down. Yes, that's 80 of them that we went through by Saturday!

I made Jolly Ranchers (DELICIOUS!!)

Orange creamsicles.

&

Pineapple/Apple

When I requested Nate make more, we all agreed that we needed all 30 of them Jolly Rancher flavored.

Since we didn't bring the baby, here is one taken the week before. :heart:

Allivia6months008.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly on both points!

I don't know if this happens to anyone else when they use their iPads to read on here but sometimes the pictures get mixed up. So I am reading your captions and they are not lining up with the pictures at all. It's actually kind of funny but once I read through the post I am able to figure what pictures went where. For example, you wrote something about watering the bushes and I am looking at a picture of an empty plate...I'm like what???

:rofl2: Well that must make things very interesting. Sort of like a puzzle.

I don't use an Ipad, but they come out fine on my Iphone. Weird?!

Those seats turned out awesome!

Major guy card points for coming up with a quick hardware store fix.

He could have gotten bonus points had he used duct tape for the masking job.

Thanks! At that point, a quick fix is what we were looking for. Unless they peel or scratch, they'll be staying that way for a while.

As I was scrolling through you TR my wife came walking through the room. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted something and stopped.

She then says "Oooohhh. Look at all the Jello Shots. I like this persons report already".

Good eye Sil! Trevor questioned where I was going to find room in the fridge for all of them. I threatened to leave some food at home. :) #Priorities

Another Stef TR! :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

Thanks for joining Yvonne and double thanks for being so excited.

I'm in. Stef's TR's are always entertaining.

Hey Jeff! Not sure how to take that comment?! I guess sometimes my life is entertaining, sometimes boring as H*ll. ;)

Yay! Can't wait to hear the rest!

Glad to have you Charity! I'm working on an update now.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it Toddly, I do not smell like cigs only cigars. And I don't have a fire. Plus I'm not one dimensional, hell just look at those pic, I am definately 3D. I enjoy beer, punch, jello (whcih is go

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes. I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors. And glad there were no standouts by the PoP

Sad to say but your site was filled with new people in less than a couple hours :'(. Wish you could have stayed longer! Great TR...waiting for the rest of the story! Amber's little Princess is stiff c

Just to tease you some more...here he is with his first lobster dinner in Bar Harbor, Maine.

DSCN9611-1.jpg

Thanks Karla!

Aiden is just as handsome as ever. I especially love when his hair grows out. :heart:

Can't wait to read more!

Hey Carol! :wave1: Good to see you here.

I had thought about using that paint to paint my cart seats black. My cart sets out side year round. We recovered the seats 5 years ago so its about time to do it again. Your seats came out good.

Thanks! If you're looking to recover them anyhow, I would definitely say give it a shot. I was completely amazed at how well it worked. Even after a week of driving all over, climbing in and out and even with the dog on them, they still look like we just did them. I always keep a towel on the seats because they get so hot sitting at the golf cart parking, so I'm sure that helped too.

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes.

I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors.

:rofl2: I did say that the particular bush would either grow like mad....or die, after that night.

Go away for a day and I miss the start of the TR.... Karla you are killing me with Aiden pictures.

No prob Nicki, we'll be here for a while. I've been so busy I can't post as often as normal, and when I do log on there are others stuff I want to read too.

Tuesday morning rolls around. I wake up at 5:00 and enjoy some coffee in the Fort quiet. We don't have any concrete plans, so we just relax under the awning.

Mason gets a bone to keep him occupied

FortSept2012045.jpg

Around 9:00, we decide to run over to the MK for a couple hours. I get dressed, go outside and sit in my beach chair (just above ground level) and get one shoe on.

Chaos ensues! A young squirrel has found his way into the screen room! He's now scared to death and frankly, so am I.

I don't want Mason going after him. Turned out, Mason couldn't care less, he just watched it. This squirrel is jumping from screen to screen, trying to crawl up the rv, unsuccessfully, and making these strange noises (which I assumed was a call to Mama squirrel)

I have jumped out of my chair, I'm standing in my best flamingo pose to keep my naked foot off the ground. Trevor finally gets a hold of him and he's NOT happy. Now I'm seeing a trip to the ER for a rabies shot for Trevor. I scream "He's gonna bite you!" and Trevor rethinks the situation. We finally used the broom to coax him out the flap. Phew!

I get my other shoe on and we head to the marina.

We arrive at the boat dock just as a boat pulls up. We climb aboard and make our way to MK.

FortSept2012046.jpg

FortSept2012049.jpg

I've never seen a fuel boat over by the Fort, but I guess it happens.

FortSept2012050.jpg

The shoe tree is thick with green leaves, so I could only see a couple of pairs.

FortSept2012051.jpg

These jet skiers were stopped in front of River Country while their guide was pointing and talking.

FortSept2012052.jpg

I wonder what they tell people at that moment?

"We had to shut it down because of the brain eating bacteria in the lake"

While these tourists are IN THE LAKE!! :))

Again, just some random Stef thoughts, while I settled in for the ride.

FortSept2012055.jpg

The Avenger monorail was coming across as we went by the Contemporary. I kind of like the shot.

FortSept2012056.jpg

The unsuspecting tourists crept by us in the no wake zone

FortSept2012057.jpg

And then hammered down across the lake, probably in hot pursuit of antibacterial body wash.

FortSept2012058.jpg

As we neared the MK, I see the Grand Floridian construction is still happening.

Translation: Cranes >:(

FortSept2012059.jpg

But I avert my eyes to one of the most beautiful sights in the world.

FortSept2012060.jpg

Ahh, much better.

Pluto was running through Main Street, high-fiveing guests.

FortSept2012061.jpg

FortSept2012062.jpg

And I took a couple pics of the Halloween decorations. It's hard to get in Halloween mode when it's September 25th.

FortSept2012063.jpg

FortSept2012116.jpg

FortSept2012117.jpg

I do understand it's all about the almighty dollar and they need to let as many guests experience MNSSHP, so I'm ok with it.

Then I take my first glimpse down Main Street.

FortSept2012064.jpg

MORE Cranes. I'm not so ok with that.

Again, I avert my eyes and take in Main Street. The last few times we've been there, there have been a lot of scrims up. I never knew Walt had a Gym upstairs. I'm not sure if that's new or I just never noticed.

FortSept2012065.jpg

I felt up the ball player at Casey's Corner. He didn't even flinch, I guess he's used to it.

FortSept2012066.jpg

Trevor decided to get my picture in front of the castle. This is my anti-crane face.

2.jpg

We took a left towards Adventureland.

FortSept2012067.jpg

But first, I stopped to admire these banana trees. Without offending some people, I'll just say they were very interesting.

FortSept2012068.jpg

FortSept2012069.jpg

We really didn't have any must-dos, so we just strolled around.

Confession: I have never rode the Aladdin carpets. Isn't it just Dumbo, without the elephants?

FortSept2012070.jpg

FortSept2012072.jpg

We stopped to watch the pirate show. This guy is certainly not Johhny Depp, but he was a good actor and interacted well with the kids.

FortSept2012075.jpg

FortSept2012074.jpg

FortSept2012077.jpg

I love Walt-isms.

FortSept2012078.jpg

We've now wandered into Frontier Land. If you've read my reports before you'll know that Big Thunder Mountain RR is my favorite ride and I had not rode it since they refurbished it. I also enjoy Splash Mountain, as long as it's not cold.

I only got to ride one of the two and I'll tell you about it in my next update...........

Squirrel!!!!! You know I'm easily distracted! :rofl2:

I have never been on the Flying Carpet ride either, if it goes in circle, it's doing it without me. :)

Great update!!

actually the flying carpet ride can also tilt unlike dumbo. so you go up and down, round and round, and tilting too.... my son can't ride in the back but he can the front

Yes, the baby is cute, but I so love your dog! I just want to give him a big hug!

Thanks Sommer. He's not only cute, he's a comedian. :)

Can't wait to read more! That little one is precious!

I'm gonna get one more update in this evening. Thanks for reading and commenting!

It was so great to meet you guys and spend some silly time at the beach!!

Ditto Misty!! We all agreed that we wished you were't leaving the next day. You would have had so much fun. Hope we can get together again.

I do have some cute pics of you coming up later. :hugs2:

so does that make you start thinking of grandbabies? I have to say it makes the heart melt.

glad no one was hurt in the great Squirrel Surprise Showdown of 2012.

like the banana tree.. and that's all I'm saying

Squirrel Surprise Showdown of 2012. :lmao1: Good one Nicki!

As for grandbabies, heck yeah!! I have been ready, I love babies!

I always teased Nate about giving me some while I'm still young and he would emphatically say NO! I never knew how unhappy he was. Honestly, I'm not sure he even realized it. Now he's happy again and that's all that matters to me.

Squirrel!!!!! You know I'm easily distracted! :rofl2:

I have never been on the Flying Carpet ride either, if it goes in circle, it's doing it without me. :)

Great update!!

:yourekillinme:

Sorry DB, you probably couldn't even finish the rest of that update after SSS-2012.

I'm with you on the circles. Even the carousel makes me a little nauseous.

I always teased Nate about giving me some while I'm still young and he would emphatically say NO! I never knew how unhappy he was. Honestly, I'm not sure he even realized it. Now he's happy again and that's all that matters to me.

Sometimes people aren't aware of how unhappy they have become or why. I'm glad he is happy again... maybe he'll rethink that grandbaby clause. I have a feeling you'll make a good one. I'll even tell him that if you want me too.

Frontierland, here I come!

We mulled around Splash Mountain for a bit, and considered riding. If you remember, I'm wearing white shorts. Not a good idea. This would be the one time that I would get soaked. So I just took some pictures.

FortSept2012079.jpg

FortSept2012093.jpg

FortSept2012080.jpg

I never peeked in this window before today.

FortSept2012081.jpg

We talked about riding the big boat, but it was just pulling out.

FortSept2012083.jpg

BTMRR wait time was only 10 minutes but Trevor didn't want to ride it. The last two times he rode it, he felt a little woozy afterward. So I dropped him in the smoking section and got in line all by my lonesome.

But first, a small complaint.

FortSept2012084.jpg

Why is it ok for the MK to display totem poles, when it's not PC to do it at the Fort?! Not fair.

It's not going to ruin my wild train ride though.

FortSept2012082.jpg

FortSept2012085.jpg

If you're looking for a milk jug like mine, here it is!! It may be slightly difficult to get it out of the park, a minor inconvenience.

FortSept2012087.jpg

FortSept2012088.jpg

FortSept2012089.jpg

While I'm killing time taking pics, there's a father & daughter behind me. The daughter's probably 8. I hear her moaning about not wanting to go, she's scared, etc....

Dad keeps reassuring her. Finally, I turn and tell her what a "ride chicken" I am, but BTMRR is my favorite and I think she'll like it. Dad then tells me that he made her ride a big ride in Cedar Point and she loved it.

Why do I love kids? Because you never know what will come out of their mouths!

She proceeded to turn to me and say: "YEAH, but it scared the sh*t outta me!"

I almost died! Her father scolded her while I tried to contain my laughter. She had heard that somewhere before. When you think your kids aren't listening, they are.

We're almost ready to board.

FortSept2012090.jpg

FortSept2012091.jpg

I get in my seat, all alone and see this behind me.

FortSept2012092.jpg

This was not my best idea. The train is wild, bumpy and jerky. When you're alone in the seat there are no other bodies to keep you from being jostled all over the seat.

Keep this in mind for later.

*BTW, the daughter did not enjoy it and I heard a quiet chant of "I want to get off, I want to get off" throughout the whole ride.

I met Trevor at the bottom of the ride and we ambled over to a couple rocking chairs to watch this trio.

FortSept2012094.jpg

They had recruited that little roper girl who couldn't have been less enthusiastic if she were asleep. ^-^

But we rocked away and sang along. (Ok, I sang along, Trevor did not)

FortSept2012095.jpg

The only thing that could top an old west concert, was a snack. I had one in mind.

But first, sunflower decorations. I love sunflowers. They remind me of my grandfather.

FortSept2012096.jpg

Where can you find Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman Halloween decorations?

FortSept2012097.jpg

In Sleepy Hollow, of course!

FortSept2012098.jpg

We decided to share one waffle since it wasn't lunch time yet.

FortSept2012099.jpg

FortSept2012100.jpg

While we were savoring our magical Nutella waffle, I spotted Genia & Tony

FortSept2012101.jpg

This is the face I got when she saw me taking her picture.

FortSept2012102.jpg

They ordered a Nutella and a ham & prosciutto waffle. I have not had one of these. I'm not sure they liked it.

FortSept2012103.jpg

Trevor and I decided to go back to camp to let Mason out and have a real lunch. Before we parted ways, I made them pose.

FortSept2012104.jpg

On the way out.

FortSept2012105.jpg

Just over the bridge the castle show was going on, so there were hoards of people. We stayed to watch for a bit.

Some pics of that, our boat ride back, lunch and some looping.

Your story about the little girl in line reminds of a great WDW memory from our kids first trip. In 2008 my youngest was 5 and we took him on BTMRR and he rode with a horrified expression the whole ride, even had a tear or two, but when the ride was over and we asked if he wanted to go again, he was running around to reboard! It was pretty funny!

Great report so far, thanks for sharing, can't wait to read more!

Your story about the little girl in line reminds of a great WDW memory from our kids first trip. In 2008 my youngest was 5 and we took him on BTMRR and he rode with a horrified expression the whole ride, even had a tear or two, but when the ride was over and we asked if he wanted to go again, he was running around to reboard! It was pretty funny!

My DD, Christmas 2 years ago, had forgotten she didn't like it in June. I spent the entire ride trying to keep her from banging out her teeth on the lap bar. I'd swear she was so scared she was trying to crawl back in the womb.

On the way out she heard someone talk about SM and instantly wanted to ride it... I explained exactly what it was. She declined

But first, a small complaint.

FortSept2012084.jpg

Why is it ok for the MK to display totem poles, when it's not PC to do it at the Fort?! Not fair.

I agree!

I guess those totem poles are tucked away in a corner so they are not as offensive as the ones that were at the Fort.

And while we are at it, what about all those plastic Native Americans that you see on the train ride? Surely, those are more offensive than a few totem poles.

TCD

Thank you! Gathering pics for the next update now.

Kids are too funny!

I'd swear she was so scared she was trying to crawl back in the womb.

:rofl2: Now THAT'S scared!!

The little girl in line at BTMRR sounds like it could have been Ali! She's been known to let the expletives fly. :rofl3:

It took all I had not to laugh, but I know the Dad was kind of embarrassed and trying to do the right thing by disciplining her, but it was priceless.

I agree!

I guess those totem poles are tucked away in a corner so they are not as offensive as the ones that were at the Fort.

And while we are at it, what about all those plastic Native Americans that you see on the train ride? Surely, those are more offensive than a few totem poles.

TCD

That really bugs me! I know your good at math, so I'll ask you. Wouldn't you think your odds of offending a group are much higher at MK, where there are millions of people visiting, as opposed to us lowly campers at the Fort?

I will also have a story about lowly campers coming soon. >:(

Late to the party but caught up!

I agree on the totem poles.

Good job on the jello shots!

Momma always said, better late than never. Good to see you Aaron!

Ok folks, we're leaving the Magic Kingdom, but first we stop for the Castle stage show.

FortSept2012106.jpg

FortSept2012107.jpg

FortSept2012108.jpg

FortSept2012109.jpg

I wonder what the job requirements are to play Peter Pan?

Small stature, slight build, feminine face and high pitched voice?

FortSept2012111.jpg

FortSept2012112.jpg

Creepy!

FortSept2012113.jpg

Since we're in front of the castle, how about a close up pic of the ugly crane that is ruining some peoples vacation?

FortSept2012110.jpg

While I was watching the show, I turned to look for Trevor and saw this.

FortSept2012114.jpg

He was not impressed.

We made it to the dock just as a boat from the Fort was unloading, so we hopped in the front.

The Avenger monorail cruised by and I got a better shot.

FortSept2012119.jpg

My view from the front

FortSept2012120.jpg

This used to amaze me as a kid. Well, it kinda still does.

FortSept2012121.jpg

Here comes another boat!

FortSept2012122.jpg

This isn't just an average boat. This had a VIP passenger.

If you look closely, you'll see a sleeveless Bruce on the front.

Arriving back at the Fort.

FortSept2012123.jpg

FortSept2012124.jpg

We found the cart and headed back to site 431. First, I got a phone call so we had to park for a minute. While sitting in the middle of the road, I got a couple pics.

FortSept2012125.jpg

FortSept2012126.jpg

We had eaten 1/2 a Nutella waffle about an hour earlier so I wasn't that hungry. I settled for cheese and crackers.

FortSept2012128.jpg

While Trevor dug into an Italian sub I had made the day before.

FortSept2012191.jpg

Not a very exciting picture, how about a cross section?

FortSept2012192.jpg

Better.

Why is it men can never relax? When lunch was over, I was chilling in my chair enjoying the atmosphere. What was Trevor doing?

FortSept2012129.jpg

I have no idea. He was half under the cart. -_-

Whenever he gets antsy, it's time to move. We took Mason for a walk and the carriage came by on a practice run.

FortSept2012131.jpg

After our walk, we took the cart out.

I'm going to continue in another post as we've got to be close to picture limit.