Do You Remember Your First Time?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it Toddly, I do not smell like cigs only cigars. And I don't have a fire. Plus I'm not one dimensional, hell just look at those pic, I am definately 3D. I enjoy beer, punch, jello (whcih is go

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes. I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors. And glad there were no standouts by the PoP

Sad to say but your site was filled with new people in less than a couple hours :'(. Wish you could have stayed longer! Great TR...waiting for the rest of the story! Amber's little Princess is stiff c

He laughs at you when you scold him? My dog does that to me, too!! :rofl3:

Yes, he never takes me seriously. ::)

What are you saying here?

Did China overtake Australia or something?

I never knew Shrimp on the Barbie was Chinese food.

TCD

Crap Andrew! I don't know why I typed China?!

My head is like the Hunger Games. There's 2 brain cells left, it's survival of the fittest.

I'll fix it.

Was Mason checking out the Poodles on Animal Planet.com?

Hmmm so that's where those pop-up ads are coming from!

He was checking out Rudy's Face Book page

We're gonna have to keep an eye on those two.

Yes folks, this is one of those great folks who come into the Fort, use the pool, take all the chairs and pavilions and steal your crap. :banghead:

In Disney's defense though, he may have spent a couple bucks on a soda. It gets hot, riding a stolen bike, casing the joint.

(Insert sarcasm here)

I'm going to end this post here and pound a beer. The whole "let anyone into the Fort while I'm paying top $ for a campsite" really chafes my a$$.

I will be right back with a happier update.

A lot of times, I find it difficult to interpret the authors tone. I don't have that problem with your writings. I Like that!

Also, I agree with every damn word! :)

Crap Andrew! I don't know why I typed China?!

My head is like the Hunger Games. There's 2 brain cells left, it's survival of the fittest.

I'll fix it.

And, I didn't think a thing about it, until you said something about shrimp, and then I was thinking we got shrimp, but not at China. So, I looked again.

Trust me, I know what you mean about brain cells.

I used to pride myself on my memory.

Now,

Wait.

What were we talking about?

The worst thing about it is my daughters have picked up that I sometimes forget little things, and they now make up stuff that I allegedly agreed to and gang up on me insisting that I gave them permission to do something that I'm sure I didn't. Or did I?

TCD

While relaxing at the very wet Fort, the fireworks started. Trevor and I commented how Mason never even flinches. He's been coming to the Fort since he was 4 months old. This is old hat for him.

I was inside doing something when I heard a rumble that sounded like Nate's truck. Nate was not coming in until Friday morning?!

When Mason jumped up and ran to the screen door with his tail wagging furiously, I knew, he knew, it was Nate!

Trevor knew he was coming early, but Nate wanted to surprise me.

FortSept2012295.jpg

A toast to Amber's first Disney visit.

FortSept2012296.jpg

It was late so we chatted a while at the site. Amber was overstimulated and didn't know what she wanted to look at first. It was neat to see someone so excited, even when it was dark and there wasn't much going on.

Friday morning we woke up early and went out for a walk.

FortSept2012297.jpg

FortSept2012298.jpg

Genia was outside of her site, so she walked with us. We headed back to TCD's favorite spot.

FortSept2012300.jpg

This is Genia, holding my Jimmie Johnson coffee mug! It hurt a little, but she sucked it up.

FortSept2012301.jpg

We broke the rules and took Mason over the bridge. GASP, I know!

BTW: 2 CM's passed us and waved good morning. Last trip the kids got yelled at for riding their bikes back here. Win some, lose some.

They're in the process of putting new fencing around the dam behind the 300 loop.

FortSept2012302.jpg

FortSept2012303.jpg

Since there's a ladder to climb down, I'm sure Disney decided some genius would try to take a dip. Hmmm, it is much less crowded than the pool.

FortSept2012304.jpg

Continuing down to the waters edge.

FortSept2012305.jpg

FortSept2012306.jpg

FortSept2012307.jpg

FortSept2012308.jpg

Time to head back. My coffee mug was empty and we couldn't get into any trouble.

Stupid &%$& cranes!

FortSept2012309.jpg

We said goodbye to Genia and crossed the street.

FortSept2012310.jpg

Last nights downpour filled up any remaining low spots.

FortSept2012311.jpg

Back at our site. The kids were still sleeping.

FortSept2012312.jpg

We're not big breakfast folks, but I made some since the kids were here.

Scrambled eggs and potatoes with sausage gravy.

FortSept2012314.jpg

I threw a roast in the crockpot for that evening.

FortSept2012316.jpg

We still had some money left over on our wristlet so we were planning on hitting Epcot again.

Splinter removal.

FortSept2012317.jpg

Mason met a new friend. Diego is a 9 week old Goldendoodle. So darn cute.

FortSept2012318.jpg

Genia & Tony came over to meet Nate before they ventured out for the day.

FortSept2012319.jpg

The kids went to do some resort hopping, Trevor and I headed to Epcot to blow the rest of our money.

Instead of busing, we did boat to MK, then monorail to Epcot.

FortSept2012321.jpg

FortSept2012322.jpg

FortSept2012323.jpg

I've NEVER had the urge to parasail, but this person obviously did.

FortSept2012324.jpg

FortSept2012325.jpg

No spank you!

FortSept2012327.jpg

The MK boat is coming

FortSept2012329.jpg

We sat in the front to enjoy the small breeze blowing.

FortSept2012331.jpg

Photo limit......

The Lodge, with geyser erupting.

FortSept2012332.jpg

The Contemporary. Sorry, no geyser.

FortSept2012333.jpg

Another "under the monorail" shot.

FortSept2012334.jpg

The masses were filing into MK.

FortSept2012335.jpg

We headed up the monorail ramp

FortSept2012336.jpg

Here it comes now.

FortSept2012337.jpg

FortSept2012338.jpg

FortSept2012339.jpg

Trevor gets aggravated with my picture taking.

FortSept2012340.jpg

So he turned it on me.

FortSept2012341.jpg

"Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"

We're off!

FortSept2012343.jpg

FortSept2012345.jpg

FortSept2012346.jpg

I know, I know, another ball picture! But this one is seen from the monorail. It's the same, but different.

FortSept2012347.jpg

Today was the official opening day for F&W fest and the crowds were much larger.

FortSept2012348.jpg

We discussed what we wanted to sample today and we both agreed there was nothing we HAD to have. We would get a couple things, then spend the rest of the money in the caramel shop for goodies to bring home to the kids.

I started here.

FortSept2012350.jpg

For a fiesta margarita. Delicious!

FortSept2012351.jpg

Trevor went for the apple struedel. I had a bite, it was yummy.

FortSept2012352.jpg

And the rice creme

FortSept2012353.jpg

We traveled over to Germany and bought a bag of Nate's favorite Werthers candy, 2 different cookies and 2 caramel shortbread bars to take back with us.

I received a text from Genia that they too were in Epcot so we would meet for a margarita before Trevor and I left.

What a fantastic idea!

Tony stood back & took photos. I translated Genia's southern drawl to the pretty lady behind the counter. She was puzzled when Genia asked for a lamb margarita.

(That's what "lime" kinda sounds like coming from Genia)

FortSept2012354.jpg

Kudos to Tony for including nice looking Spanish dude in our shot AND my Jimmie Johnson wallet!

FortSept2012355.jpg

We drank our drinks and laughed at passer-bys, who were laughing at us too, I'm sure.

(See Genia"s TR for the pic of a straw up my nose, if you don't believe me)

We then gathered our caramel goodies and headed back to the Fort.

Remember, we traveled by monorail then by boat, so our cart was at the Marina. What could possibly sidetrack us between the Marina and the 400 loop?

They're in the process of putting new fencing around the dam behind the 300 loop.

FortSept2012302.jpg

FortSept2012303.jpg

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!

Somebody alert the BassMaster!

What the heck is that?

People fish off of that bridge!

Why in the world do they need to fence it off like that?

What exactly are they trying to hide back there?

And you saw security guards back there?

So, there were thieves roaming the Fort stealing jewelry and bikes, and the security guards were back here eating donuts guarding the dam?

Sounds about right.

Have I ever shared my thougths about the Fort managers?

TCD

To add to this, has there always been buoey markers by the weeds near the shack?

I mentioned to Stef at that time, I wonder if there is going to be a walkway/path/road built to a marina on that side of the lake for Golden Oaks.

Or

It is being fenced off now, in plans for the new BBQ.

To add to this, has there always been buoey markers by the weeds near the shack?

I mentioned to Stef at that time, I wonder if there is going to be a walkway/path/road built to a marina on that side of the lake for Golden Oaks.

Or

It is being fenced off now, in plans for the new BBQ.

Markers in the weeds? By the cabin? I don't think so.

Here's some photos from the area from last year. There was a small gator out in the lake, and all these photos were taken around the cabin:

100_0547.jpg

100_0548.jpg

100_0553.jpg

I don't see any kind of floats out in the water, and don't remember there being any there.

You are right- I'll bet this has something to do with some new construction project. I am pretty sure that none of this is part of the Golden Oaks project, so it might be the start of something for the new BBQ pavilion.

It is interesting that they cancelled the haunted carriage rides this year, which used to take guests back here. So something is up.

TCD

Yummy Pictures!!

This one is my favorite:

FortSept2012351.jpg

I thought the same thing when I saw that fence. What will all those guys I always see fishing back there do now?

I know it's not out in the open or whatever but it's still an ugly looking fence.

A lot of times, I find it difficult to interpret the authors tone. I don't have that problem with your writings. I Like that!

Also, I agree with every damn word! :)

I really appreciate that. Thanks for reading and "getting" me.

The worst thing about it is my daughters have picked up that I sometimes forget little things, and they now make up stuff that I allegedly agreed to and gang up on me insisting that I gave them permission to do something that I'm sure I didn't. Or did I?

TCD

Great, it's gonna get worse? I was just blaming it on stress. Damn!

I have a theory about woman, brain cells and memory. When you get pregnant you loose 1/2 down the cord... every time.

That makes some sense. You're saying I lost 1/2 of them 22 years ago, now TCD says I'm gonna lose more in the next 10 years?

I'm going to be brain dead. :unsure:

And you saw security guards back there?

TCD

No security. Just plain old CM's.

Markers in the weeds? By the cabin? I don't think so.

TCD

I couldn't find any old pictures of that area. I did lighten the photo in which she asked about the buoys.

FortSept2012305-1.jpg

I don't ever remember any buoys around there before. The swamp trail used to run alongside that shoreline.

Something is definitely up back there and I have a feeling I'm not gonna like it.

I have time for one short update.

I do not have a lot of pictures from Friday night. I'll let you take your best guess as to why that is.

FortSept2012387.jpg

FortSept2012358.jpg

FortSept2012359.jpg

We got slightly sidetracked at Judys. Around 3:00 Donnie called for a ride from the front, so Trevor went and picked him up.

FortSept2012361.jpg

I was SO excited to see him that I kissed his face off.

Donnie and Nate had matching flip-flops. Count em, two pairs of Frankenstein feet!

FortSept2012360.jpg

I caught the end of this debacle. I do believe Nate was going to moon Donnie and since Donnie was sitting on my beanbag, he had a birds eye view.

Good times.

FortSept2012362.jpg

I take full responsibility for getting Donnie hammered!! I felt slightly bad as his trailer was still in the overflow lot at 10:00 pm.

Trevor, Judy, Donnie and Tina went to get the trailer, with Trevor driving Donnie's truck.

To sum up the evening:

The site he was assigned had someone in it. Judy checked for their parking permit, and they didn't have one. She knocked on their door (Trevor in Donnie's truck) to find out why they hadn't checked out. (Her mistake, it was 10 pm, and she apologized) The site occupier came out, jumped in Judy's face and dropped the F-bomb on her.

Trevor is now OUT of the truck. That kind of crap doesn't fly around Trevor.

In the meantime, Nathen and I went looking for them in the 1500 loop, and only found the po-po's. I should have known they had been there.

After numerous phone calls from Donnie and Judy to the front office, they moved Donnie to the 1900 loop, and they got him all set up.

No one went to jail, no animals were harmed.

From what we gathered, the site occupier had requested to stay another night, but never checked in, which is why the lines got crossed on site assignment.

Everyone went home to bed. I had lost Genia & Tony in all the madness. Tony texted me and said

"She's done, she's out!" :rofl2: Genia was tucked into bed.

Up next: Pout day, AKA the last full day of vacation.

That fence they put up on the bridge is one serious fence! It looks like it is going to have barbed wire along the top. What the Fort?? What exactly do they need to keep in....or out??

It’s probably part of the first stages Disney is doing to get ready to build the new BBQ pavilion over in that area.

That fence they put up on the bridge is one serious fence! It looks like it is going to have barbed wire along the top. What the Fort?? What exactly do they need to keep in....or out??

It’s probably part of the first stages Disney is doing to get ready to build the new BBQ pavilion over in that area.

I think you are right about that, Todd, but it is notable that this is not a temporary construction fence. If you cross that bridge, and walk back toward the Fort along that canal, you will eventually reach the Four Seasons/Golden Oak project. I wonder if this fence is being put up to keep us scummy campers out of that lazy river they are going to have there at the Four Seasons? Of course, there is another bridge up by the golf course. There is an old gate that isn't too hard to bypass up that way. I wonder if there is a new fence and gate going in on that end of the canal?

TCD

I think you are right about that, Todd, but it is notable that this is not a temporary construction fence. If you cross that bridge, and walk back toward the Fort along that canal, you will eventually reach the Four Seasons/Golden Oak project. I wonder if this fence is being put up to keep us scummy campers out of that lazy river they are going to have there at the Four Seasons? Of course, there is another bridge up by the golf course. There is an old gate that isn't too hard to bypass up that way. I wonder if there is a new fence and gate going in on that end of the canal?

TCD

They are turning the Fort into East Berlin. Next thing you know, we are going to need airlifts of kungaloosh and punch just to survive.

If Disney is trying us dirt bag campers out of their new resort wouldn’t Disney put the fence across the bridge? I bet the new fence is just to keep the drunk Mickey backyard BBQ people from falling in or jumping in around the lock. You can enter the canal anywhere along the bank.

They are turning the Fort into East Berlin. Next thing you know, we are going to need airlifts of kungaloosh and punch just to survive.

If Disney is trying us dirt bag campers out of their new resort wouldn’t Disney put the fence across the bridge? I bet the new fence is just to keep the drunk Mickey backyard BBQ people from falling in or jumping in around the lock. You can enter the canal anywhere along the bank.

You know, Todd, you're right. It would be easier to just put a big gate across the bridge. But that would also be effective to keep the wandering BBQ guests off the bridge and therefore not jump or fall off of it. So, why are they fencing it like this? I don't get it.

Maybe Dave is right for once?

Dave- what about your Iranian nuclear bomb theories?

TCD