Cigars, Sand, ALOT LESS Rhut Rho, Work, Turkey Leg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oops. My bad. Sincerely, Mrs. Robinson

Well I'm back, but right back into WORK! :banghead: Will try to get started after work tomorrow. But enjoyed meeting everyone! And younger buns are awesome.

Note: Edited to correct Monday morning stroll on beach. Quick update: Sunday MONDAY morning, I was up early to take Savannah out. And since it was still dusk and I THOUGHT close to day light, Tony an

I messed up on the earlire post, the morning walk on the beach happened on Monday. Not Sunday morning. Went back to the pics off the camera and see I was out of sync. oopsie.

Corrected the above post.

So SUNDAY, we head over to Kona Cafe for our Bfast. As we are leaving the Fort doc headed to the MK (was the first boat at the marina), I realize my mistake. It is 0915, and the priority seating is for 0915. NOT 0945 like I was thinking. I tell Tony by the time we call and get through we will be there. Well, we actually make a perfect connection at MK and get to the Poly at 0930. :whew:

We had a few minute wait but that worked out for the best. That morning we realized we had left the charger cord for our new camera at home :banghead:

We looked over the camera supplies at the Poly and didn't see anything. I told Tony we would get a shoppers pass at MK maybe and look there. :flush2:

But first B-fast!

7C8455C8-985C-4153-B453-093F3693FC0B-2756-00000240B750934C.jpg

DF4906AD-F585-47A6-B1F4-F42A337DD7F9-2756-00000240B4938959.jpg

1FCA72D6-CC20-4FE3-B96A-D5BB0BBC32D5-2756-00000240AFF3E344.jpg

The food and service was GREAT! The only issue, is whoever seasoned the home fries did it twice. Salty even for me. When I told the waitress as a FYI, she more than wanted to replace. As I told her, the overseasoning was saving me from being a complete fool and blowing myself up. That is ALOT of food.

From the Poly we walked to the SOG to get our tickets.

For anyone thinkking of getting military tickets at the end of a special note this. When were in line, SOG was running out of regular 4 day hoppers. Thier ticket media is preprinted, so they had 4 day hopper plus but running low on the just the plain 4 day hoppers. as in less than 10 left with more than that number in line. We wanted the 4 day plus and were good, but just something to plan on maybe in the future. The bases stopped ordering the tickets a month or so ago and told people to use SOG. SOG has to order thier own tickets just like the bases and was overwhelmed. Luckily they were getting an overnight shipment, but that didn't help those in line.

From there we headed to MK by SOG bus to TTC then monorail. What a madhouse MK was Sunday mid morning. :beathorse:

I told Tony we would activate our tickets at Guest Relations (you get a vouvher that is converted to ticket from SOG at ANY guest relations). But Guest Relations was at 20 people deep. Urg. luckily they had some roming and I asked about the shopper's pass. Before he answered, he asked what we were looking for. I told him a camera cord, and he said they probably didn't have it. He actually worked at the camera shop at one of the other parks and that with technology outpacing sales, the shop generally carries disposable cameras, etc. nothing specific. I told him thanks, and I really didn't want to wait in that line.

So we caught a launch to the Fort for a nap.

After a nap, I went up to Meadows to use the free Wifi and ordered a charger with two batteries and had it overnighted to the Fort. It arrived shorty after 3 on Tuesday. Not bad.

When I got back from the Fort, Tony started heating some up ribs he had previously smoked and some backed beans. Yummy!!!

But before we ate, we had a visitor BUDDY and LOU! :bighug:

I didn't see Lou stalk drive to the one site down and across the road, but I did see some guy getting a small dog out of a car. I was actually texting Stef, and said @#$%, I think Lou is here! And I was right!

I didn't let him on our site until I got a hug. Not an option. Heck ask some others later in the week, even if not my site, not an option. However Lou did not participate in my Buns experiment. :clint: :beathorse:

We had a nice talk, watched some of the race while Buddy hunted, and ate ribs and beans. I DID offer Lou some dinner, we had plenty but he declined. He already made a pizza he said. No stainage on the shirt to prove it though. :rofl3:

After Lou Poo left, Tony and I walked Savannah some more and headed by to DTD.

66D59B65-9868-45B7-BB68-8E1622BC07AE-2756-00000240BA575479.jpg

20C31D3A-3085-449E-8F32-BE069BD0A404-2756-00000240BE606957.jpg

History:

Back in 2007 when Tony and I went to WDW without my folks for the first time, I gave my mom a hard time about how I wasn't going to get an allowance. Allowance being a charging priveliges connected to HER CC. All in good fun, of course. Sux to be working grown up :rofl3:

WELL, my mom loves picking on Tony, so she said for every character pic we got with Tony she would buy us a drink. Now mom being a Southern Baptist, was thinking Coke or milkshake. So I said are you SURRREEE about that, she said of course. It took a minute for her to understand, Beer on Bobbie. She limited us to 2 per person per day. All the while Tony is saying "I ain't getting my pick with a cirtter" And me, "Oh hell you are, Beer on Bobbie!" We never did try to collect, but is a running joke.

So you may understand some of the following pics.

My Title: DuckBrew

8335B33A-92D1-4CAF-82B2-6E77ED8BB5E8-2756-00000240C1BCCD4D.jpg

Pimping Hoing for Beer

56922C0E-0C10-4D55-A1F5-E3C22BE25456-2756-00000240C4DFD2D2.jpg

Dead Man Ale

62B45B08-5031-4F53-9647-D2B512CAB36A-2756-00000240C775A9BB.jpg

From there Market Place, guess where we ended up?

Hint:

CB76949D-FC95-4F36-9C99-178004FB9F69-2756-00000240CA414303.jpg

Fulton's for the Seafood Tower in the raw bar. Tony REALLY wanted some crablegs, so this was the outcome. AWESOME!!!! This is the appitizer for 2, all on ice. They will not steam the oysters or anything else warm, has to be raw or cold. Such a hard life Tony had to deal with it, he likes steamed oysters. But he didn't share his 2 either... :beathorse:

And some really good cocktail sauce with plenty of horse radish!!

Then:

93B60487-0736-4F9B-A86E-3146C8629D34-2756-00000240CF3B19EE.jpg

343C4566-CF70-45BC-B783-687782A7BA5E-2756-00000240D1AEE4DC.jpg

E5DB5405-9011-46BD-AE66-F0F5B8700ECA-2756-00000240DC067B54.jpg

2F111CCE-6215-47C1-80C5-2FA91536CA55-2756-00000240D88DB5E0.jpg

The grapefruit Margarita was GREAT! However, I enjoy Grapefruit and tequilla with some salt too.

Those pictures are called abstract photography... that's your story and your stickin to it.

Otay :rofl3:

Off to a great start! Look forward to the rest.

Thanks! :wave1:

I gave you an up arrow for getting up before sunrise and taking some photos from my favorite spot at the Fort.

Good job!

TCD

Thanks! I will say, your pics and others made me think of it. And while listenign to the bush rustling, I realized yall are on cart all the time!

And by the way, Yuri may want to know, I saw a security car with two bikes come out from the shack area and through the gate on our way to your area. After they crossed the canal they went watched us a few minutes to see what we were up to.

Your doggie is so cute! That is weird about the horses coming near the dogs like that. I know mine wouldn't like it either.

Amen :banghead:

Savannah is beautiful! Grunting noises from the bushes sounds scary.

Thanks. Was. :wave1:

When does the younger buns part come in?

Waiting impatiently. Take your time.

When MY SON gets to the Fort! :facepalm:

Are those glow worms on the crane?

Oops.

My bad.

Sincerely, Mrs. Robinson

Looks like you got two up arrows for that post, FP4. One is from me!

Very well done!

TCD

FP4, up arrow from me too. That was funny.

And FYI, firm AND a great personality. :rofl2:

Lou poo?

That is funny right there!

Did you say where you were when you got that seafood tower? Is that Ragland Road? I need to know.

Thanks for the intel on the guard coming out of the shack. That wasn't when you were there at sunrise, was it? If so, that is something new. The guards usually don't get moving that early.

It was great meeting you and Tony, and all, but I wish I had met Savannah too.

She is a pretty dog, and sounds like she is a lot of fun.

TCD

Lou poo?

That is funny right there!

Did you say where you were when you got that seafood tower? Is that Ragland Road? I need to know.

Thanks for the intel on the guard coming out of the shack. That wasn't when you were there at sunrise, was it? If so, that is something new. The guards usually don't get moving that early.

It was great meeting you and Tony, and all, but I wish I had met Savannah too.

She is a pretty dog, and sounds like she is a lot of fun.

TCD

It was at Fulton's. I'll go back and add that, I was half asleep when typing the updates yesterday. Busy week at work and still trying to recover from the vacation.

The guard was up before dark, I think we were up at your spot somewhere around 6:00 and 6:30. I thought it was odd too, b/c they had to come through the gate over there, never did figure out what they were doing over there that early. Not trying to steal, Stef's thunder, but per her and Trev mentioned there have been some new things by that canal lock. They have pics, and can explain it better.

Great meeting you and ladies too!

Savannah is a doll, however since we lost Clemmy and moved into the country, she isn't socialized like when she was a pup. She has gotten use to being the only dog over the last year. When, I ran into Stef and Trev when they arrived, her and Mason didn't quite click. Savannah, actually has a dislike for longer haired dogs after she was nipped unprovoked last year camping at a dog park. She is slowly coming around, but she really wants to take her time meeting (aka smelling the butt) of any new dog. She was great in the dog park since she can avade and make space between dogs, but on a leash still a work in progress. AND most importantly, that was Mason's site, so he rules and I NEVER force Savannah on anyone and his/her property. Trust me, she was fine in the AC RV while watching TV. I'm sure she would have enjoyed a beer or four if she figured how to get into the fridge.

Savannah LOVES playing with Boxers, so maybe one day we can get Rocky and her together. We could just sit back, watch and have a beer or two. :clint:

It was at Fulton's. I'll go back and add that, I was half asleep when typing the updates yesterday. Busy week at work and still trying to recover from the vacation.

The guard was up before dark, I think we were up at your spot somewhere around 6:00 and 6:30. I thought it was odd too, b/c they had to come through the gate over there, never did figure out what they were doing over there that early. Not trying to steal, Stef's thunder, but per her and Trev mentioned there have been some new things by that canal lock. They have pics, and can explain it better.

Great meeting you and ladies too!

Savannah is a doll, however since we lost Clemmy and moved into the country, she isn't socialized like when she was a pup. She has gotten use to being the only dog over the last year. When, I ran into Stef and Trev when they arrived, her and Mason didn't quite click. Savannah, actually has a dislike for longer haired dogs after she was nipped unprovoked last year camping at a dog park. She is slowly coming around, but she really wants to take her time meeting (aka smelling the butt) of any new dog. She was great in the dog park since she can avade and make space between dogs, but on a leash still a work in progress. AND most importantly, that was Mason's site, so he rules and I NEVER force Savannah on anyone and his/her property. Trust me, she was fine in the AC RV while watching TV. I'm sure she would have enjoyed a beer or four if she figured how to get into the fridge.

Savannah LOVES playing with Boxers, so maybe one day we can get Rocky and her together. We could just sit back, watch and have a beer or two. :clint:

Thanks for all that info!

We have never been to Fultons- that seafood on ice looks really good, though.

Security out in the early morning is something new. Also, somebody mentioned that gate over there by the shack being locked up- I think maybe it was devores- that is new too. Something is up. Maybe they are breaking ground on the 3000 loop.

It would be great to get Rocky and Savannah together. They look to be about the same color. Rocky has been funny around other dogs lately. Usually it's other male dogs. He is sweet as he can be around most dogs and all people, but then he acts aggessive toward certain dogs. I can't figure out what sets him off, but some dogs make him go crazy. He hasn't been able to go to the dog park for a while because of that.

TCD

I hear ya about the dog park business. Luckily, there are several at home I can take her, so can choose mostly what dogs she should be around. But still she is hit and miss with some dogs. I can't figure it out either.

I was up most mornings prior to daylight, so on most occasions was the first in the dog park. The only issues, was the high grass and getting some kind of welts on my feet and legs. They didn't cut the grass at the Fort until Thursday or Friday before we left. So it was higher than I liked, but still ok.

And one of Savannah's pet peeves is she wants to do her business before getting met. In fact, her getting antsy is how we know she needs to be let out at night. She can't whine, ring a bell or bark, NO the spoiled thing has to paw us and butt us with her hard head... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: BUT, once she is "relaxed" all is well and she is back to being a lazy spoiled rotten mutt. :whew:

Might have been chiggers.

I got bit up by some last year at the Fort right around this time of year.

TCD

I hear ya. Had the same thing happen in Wis in July around tall grass. :banghead: Clueless.

YAY Genia!! Can't wait to read the rest! It was so great to meet you and Tony on the beach!! Is Tony originally from Pittsburgh?? Go Steelers!!

Nope, he is a home grown SC boy. But when HE was growing up, the Steelers and Redskins were THE teams on TV. So he became a Steelers fan while FIL is a diehard Steelers fan. We are asked all the time since he normally has his Steeler hat on and I have my Yuengling visor on.

Was GREAT meeting you too! :wave1:

We've never been to Fullton's ... that food looks great!

Hate to hear about chiggers at the fort.

The food was awesome! :jumpforjoy

Funny thing, I was the only one getting bites, Tony didn't and neither did anyone else. Granted I was at the Dog Park early in the morning with the dew and on the 300 dog walk with wet grass too. So who knows, but if it was chiggers, I enjoyed getting them at the Fort!! :clint:

Whatever it was, I am sure it was better than those yellow flies. :batman:

So we are at Monday.

See above post about the marina before morning pics.

We headed back to the site and relaxed. I took Savannah to the dog park while Tony got coffee going.

F5441DCC-726A-4664-BD54-56E715244030-2756-00000240E403FD29.jpg

57FA7CC5-5B43-4190-864C-7D1ECBE904EA-2756-00000240EBC175CB.jpg

BCCC742C-051F-4794-AA13-CFF317804F7C-2756-00000240E81B8615.jpg

For breakfast I shredded up the leftover rib meat and cut up some tators. Tony grilled it, and added even more habanaro sauce. I so love that man..

3774E9F6-11A0-40AE-B6C5-C8D9570B777A-2756-00000240EE630953.jpg

We then got ready for the day and just chilled. Went back to the park and wondered around enjoying the Fort.

I can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday, but we met Cloey and Zoey at the dog park and thier parents. Great couple, we clicked since the dogs were about the same size and got along. The couple didn't have any kids either, except the 4 legged kind. And they were beer lover and home brewers. :Later that week they swung by, after they saw me in the park with a magic hat. Magic Hat is one of thier favorite beers, so I invited them down for a few. Luckily for us, they brought on of thier beers to enjoy. And it was GOOD, a marzan. One of my favorite styles. Besides cold.

That afternoon I told Tony I wanted to walk Savannah in the 400 loop. What I didn't know was Stef was there. I didn't hear or feal my phone vibrate with her text. So imagine my surprise when Tony pointed them out. I felt bad, they had just gotten there and probably thought I was stalking them. Luckily Karla and Paul showed up, and the women yacked while the men supposedly got unapcked. I think there more talking over there than work. But after a few, I told Tony to come one lets let them be.

Both Stef and I were on the same page, she suggested and I agrreed she needed to send the cart over when they were unpacked for the some supplies I had brought. I was worried about breakage and not appearance of lugging the stuff around the Fort. But, I knew they needed some down time and we had something to do, so we ended up carrying the supplies over anyway.

Tony and I then headed to Blizzard Beach to activate our tickets. You can at any guest relations, and I wanted a smaller park, not the madenss we saw at MK on Sunday. And we planned to play some min gold over there since we had 4 plus days on the tickets. Now, I THOUGHT, the minature Golf hada sandwich bar, but they DON'T. We had only eaten that bfast, had a morning excursion and were HONGRY. But luckily for us the CM at the min golf, told us about the 1/2 hour pass we could get, so we could enter Blizzard Beach and eat. We went back to guest relations, and after some discussions, instead of us having to purchase day tickets, enter, eat and then have our money refunded, they just held our tickets we just activated. The rules are 30 minutes or less and you must be dry when you return. No problem there.

So after a quick bite to eat, we headed back to the min. golf corse. I was nice and took a few pics for a sweet couple. I think they just asked since I am fat and coudlnt' get far with thier camera. :clint:

I kicked Tony's arse in Min Golf and then we headed back. Granted I kept score, so that could have helped.

My take onf the min golf at BB vs the main one near Swan and Dolphn. Much easier, but fun. We had a good time!

Oh yea, saw this critter too when leaving the min golf for the bus.

(insert pic of black snake when I get PB figured out)

After we get back to the Fort, I get a text from Lisa asking if were home, I said yup. Now Lisa and Bruce is a doll! I sent a Lisa a PM several weeks ago asking IF they had time, to pick up som Leini Octoberfest since they didn't ship to SC this year. And they did, plus a six pack of beery wheat. So they came bearing gifts. So after meeting, making the beer deal in broad daylight at the Fort, and I think Stef and Trev stopping by, we headed over to Stefs.

After some socializing and being REJECTED for employment, we ended up at Lisa and Bruce so the Trev and Bruce relationship could blossom. And if it dosen't, there is a bush that will. Or die, the bush that is, Trev/Bruce are forever :heartsmiley: .