Our Wildest Halloween Ride through the Wilderness!

Those sunrise pictures are AWESOME!!!

I had always heard the first resort boat was at 6:45, not 6:30, so if that is true, it was EARLY :)

Thanks, Carol. The concierge at the fort told me the first resort boat would arrive at 6:30. But he was only a CM. What did he know?

I love all the early morning photos around the marina!

And great job getting the Christmas decoration pics!

I am looking forward to hearing your impressions of the New Fantasyland.

TCD

Thanks to you too, TCD! I'm sure my impressions are similar to yours.

NOW you tell me! :banana:

Of course, as always, your photos are ALL fantastic but this is my hands down fave!

It makes me want to say.. "*squawk* Nevermore...." (I know it really isn't a raven but still...)

Looking forward to many more installments of 2 final updates. ;D Great job Gwen!

So glad you are enjoying my pictures! I really liked that one, too.

Gwen, I am SO enjoying all your pictures. I'm going to be so sad when you're done.

I'm happy that your dad turned out to be ok. I was praying hard! :heart:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers! It meant a lot to me knowing the fiends would be praying and sending well wishes.

The world is decorated for Christmas :jumpforjoy :banana:

Yes, it is!

Sorry I haven't updated again today. Been waist deep in VA forms and such. It's so frustrating and time consuming.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

Friday, November 2 – Major Pixie Dust! -- Part 1 Had breakfast in the moho, then we had another long wait at the bus stop. Finally got to EPCOT: How often do you see a rainbow and the moon at the sa

Thank you! I have to be awake at 5am to receive more pixie dust tomorrow but I can't sleep. David has been snoring for an hour. I'm frustrated.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 -- The Dreaded Last Park Day -- Part 2

So far the morning was going great. We were up early, we made it to the TTC to check in on time, and we arrived at the MK by 7:30. And then we hit a roadblock. Under the Seas was having technical difficulties, and we weren't allowed into the MK at all until after rope drop. It was frustrating. People with ADRs were allowed in. People attending the railroad tour were allowed in. Anyone having any reason to go on in except the preview were allowed in. We stood in the cold and waited and waited. I still don't understand Disney's logic about this. Reminds me of our D23 experience in December 2010 and why I let my D23 membership lapse.

So finally we entered the park:

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

We made a beeline to Gaston's Tavern for a snack.

DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0532.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0539.jpg

DSCN0540.jpg

DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

Notice how the fake fire has blackened the stones? Hmmm ...

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

David had a cinnamon bun:

DSCN0549.jpg

Yes, it was as was as good as it looks! And, let me tell you, it was HUGE!

I had fruit. We both got hot coffee to help us warm up.

DSCN0550.jpg

The view out the window:

DSCN0553.jpg

Trying to catch up. You know, I still like the Chester and Hester area at AK. I can't believe all the people who bitch about this area, saying "It looks like a cheap roadside attraction" Well DUH. That's like saying Expedition Everest looks like some big mountain. IT'S SUPPOSED TO! Also, if people would bother to learn the back story, the whole theming makes sense.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 -- The Dreaded Last Park Day -- Part 3

It was rainy early in the morning. I took lots of pics, but I wasn't sure they would be great in the rain. I'll share them anyway.

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

DSCN0557.jpg

DSCN0559.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0562.jpg

UTS was still down, so we visited Ariel.

DSCN0563.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

Ariel was so sweet! I told her we had 8 grandchildren but only one granddaughter. She replied, "but one is enough, isn't she?" I told her that she is Cailyn's absolute favorite Disney character and that we wanted to have our picture with her to give to Cailyn.

DSCN0568.jpg

We said thank you and turned to leave, and Ariel said, "Oh, please wait just a minute!" She asked her handlers for a piece of paper and then wrote this message for our granddaughter:

Arielsnote082.jpg

More pixie dust! This is probably Ariel's standard autograph, but Cailyn won't know that and will cherish it.

DSCN0570.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

We made our way back toward BOG:

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0574.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0581.jpg

Wow, what great detailed pictures and it's great that so many have no crowds in them! Looks like it was a rainy morning but a rainy day at the Magic Kingdom is still better than a sunny day at home! I think you said you had lunch there, can't wait to read about it.

Wow, what great detailed pictures and it's great that so many have no crowds in them! Looks like it was a rainy morning but a rainy day at the Magic Kingdom is still better than a sunny day at home! I think you said you had lunch there, can't wait to read about it.

No crowd was great! A rainy day in the MK is better than a sunny day anywhere else!

Love all the detailed pictures!!! I'm definitely gonna have to drag myself out of bed early one morning and make early EMH to see that area!

Yes, please do hit EMH! This area gets crowded very quickly, especially with there being only one way in and one way out right now.

Now, on to the next update.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 -- The Dreaded Last Park Day -- Part 4

The BOG restaurant was open for tours:

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg

DSCN0590.jpg

The coats of armor that talk -- of course it was all in French, so I didn't understand a word of it. You have to be really quiet to hear them.

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

After touring BOG, we went to Maurice's cottage and visited Enchanted Tales with Belle.

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0598.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

DSCN0602.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

DSCN0604.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

We were ushered into the room with the mirror. No comment (except I still haven't figured out how Disney does this), don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone.

DSCN0611.jpg

DSCN0612.jpg

DSCN0613.jpg

Then we went into the wardrobe room, where parts were given out. I encouraged David to volunteer, but he wouldn't do it.

DSCN0614.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

I can't wait to see that mirror.... I also decided that I have a date with a cinnamon roll .. :rofl2:

Pay very close attention to the mirror. I was too busy taking pictures to really absorb it all.

That cinnamon roll was about the size of two softballs! I'm a low carber and don't normally eat such things, but I just had to try it, and, let me tell you, it was like heaven in my mouth!

Continuing on with our visit with Belle ...

Sorry, these first few pictures are out of order. They should have been before the mirror pics.

This little girl really stole the show. She knew the answers to almost all the questions and was a real ham:

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

After the parts were assigned, we were ushered into the library.

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0625.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

While this area is beautiful now, I can't imagine how breathtaking it will be without the ugly construction:

DSCN0635.jpg

DSCN0636.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0640.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

Does anyone know who was the model for this portrait?

DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0645.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

There is no smoking area inside the Fantasyland expansion, so I had to go out of the area for a break.

DSCN0651.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0648.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

While in the area we saw Philharmagic.

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

The attention to detail is really incredible. I noticed that in your picture of the book from Belle's cottage the corner of the page is torn. If I remember correctly, as Belle is reading a sheep or goat comes up and takes a bite of the page. I love that they added in little things like that.

That was so sweet of Ariel to give your grand daughter an autograph.

Loved the picture of the little girl with Belle.

We loved Philharmagic!

Yes, Ariel was very sweet!

Wish I had videotaped that little girl ... she was priceless. Her boldness reminds me of Cailyn.

Philharmagic is so great. Every time I see it I am startled over and over by the things jumping out at me. IMHO the best 3-D experience Disney offers.

The attention to detail is really incredible. I noticed that in your picture of the book from Belle's cottage the corner of the page is torn. If I remember correctly, as Belle is reading a sheep or goat comes up and takes a bite of the page. I love that they added in little things like that.

I missed that! Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, the detail IS incredible.

catching up

Run, Nicki, run!

Still following along and enjoying it all! :) BOG and the entire expansion so far looks spectacular! Thanks for taking the time to photograph it and share with us!

You are welcome! Lots more pics still to come.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 -- The Dreaded Last Park Day -- Part 6

And then we visited IASW. Normally I refrain from flash photography in here, but when everyone in your boat is utilizing flash photography, I say join the crowd! (Edited to keep the fairies from picking on me.)

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

Looks like the hippo's lazy eye has finally been repaired:

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

Aren't you glad I didn't post all my IASW pictures?

Then we headed back to the new Fantasyland area.

DSCN0683.jpg

The sky was clearing up, so started I reshooting some of my earlier pictures.

DSCN0684.jpg

Just then we learned that Be Our Guest would be open for lunch, so we immediately went to the restaurant.

More pics of the coats of armor. There were several people in the area, so it was almost impossible to hear them.

DSCN0685.jpg

DSCN0686.jpg

DSCN0687.jpg

There are stations in here that show the menus.

When you get to this area, a hostess assigns you to a kiosk, where you place your order.

DSCN0690.jpg

DSCN0693.jpg

Then you receive a magic rose:

DSCN0697.jpg

and make your way to the dining room. We placed our rose on our table and went to stock up on flatware and napkins.

In just a few minutes a server arrived at the table with our food in a glass-covered cart.

DSCN0702.jpg

I had the braised pork.

DSCN0703.jpg

David had the Croque Monsieur.

DSCN0704.jpg

My dish was very tasty. The pork was fall-off-the-bone tender, and the green beans were a little crunchy, just like I like them. I tasted the mashed potatoes, and they were good too.

David liked his sandwich but said it was just good. I tasted it and thought it was delicious.

We ate in the main dining room:

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

Did you notice the faces on the angels? We were told that the faces are of employees (when they were children) who worked on the project.

And the servers clean up the tables!

The windows were amazing.

DSCN0696.jpg

It is much easier to see the scene in the photo than it was in real life. I walked up close to the windows and could see the mountains. But from where we were sitting 30-40 feet away, it just looked like clouds and snow.

BOG is a great place to have lunch! It's only a few dollars more than a burger at Pecos Bill's, and you get to eat in a beautiful restaurant without plastic tableware and plates. The server brings lunch to you and cleans up after you. It's a hot, filling meal in a great, relaxing atmosphere!

The only downside is that BOG doesn't accept TIW at lunch.