Fiends, Halloween, Airstreams, & Everything In Between

We are up and off to EPCOT. First up we head over to Mission Space Green. We had all enjoyed the ride the first time so it was time to try it again. I love a walk on ride. Just love it. We decided to meander back to the showcase and try out Agent P's Adventures. When we discovered that you have to stay within the country you start the adventure it, I decided to cop a squat and grab our pager for the Rose & Crown ADRs while IH and the IKs played out the adventure.

For some reason we did NOT have a good Table Service dining experience this time at WDW, except for the two times we ate at the Trails End. In this case, our pager never went off. IH eventually, after 30 minutes of my standing before the entrance holding the pager that never went off and 30 after our ADR was to start go up, went up and asked them what was going on. No explanation but they did sit us. So when Gwen called me to meet up we hadn't even gotten our food. I think we got our food about 1 hour after our ADR time and got done in another 30. Food was good but they had taken my favorite off the menu (Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding, & Roasted Potatoes) but just not as satisfying....so a bit of a fail.

IMG_0848.jpg

For Dave -

IMG_0850.JPG

After we ate we slowly walked around the WS. I have to say my kids did an excellent job with being patient. Let's face it for the most part that are of EPCOT isn't much in the way of kid stuff. We visited Morocco, Japan, Germany. Walked right past Snow. Then skipped the rest because the crowds were getting heavy and decided to head back to the Fort.

We checked in at the Rally board and left a note. We had decided to hit DHS for late show of Fantasmic. After dinner we hopped the bus and headed over. I hit the Droid Manufactruing Center in Star Tours. I was on a mission. My kids had each messed up and gotten a wrong leg on one of their Droids. So the plan was for me to make a Droid with the legs they needed while they did the ride. It worked out brilliantly as they got off the ride just as I finished my droids. yes, I do have a droid that has two right or two left legs... I can't remember which.

After that they decided to watch the muppets and I wanted to check out the "Writer's" thingy. I was looking for some Disney themed writing supplies. You see I write an old friend on actual paper (unlined) with an actual pen using actual cursive handwriting. However this was just a glorified coffee shop. While waiting I did get this photo with my phone...

IMG_0853.JPG

Once we met back up we headed over to check out the TSM wait (it was really, really long) so we decided to get in the Fantasmic line. I don't know how long it usually is for the second showing but it was backed all the way up to the blue starry pointy hat. We decided to pass. ID decided she might like to try TOT. So after making sure we got into line. The wait was posted at 20 but it took about 40 minutes. Why is it in a longer wait time you get next to the obnoxious foul mouthed people? Twice I just about had to say something. I am thankful that once you get into the Library in TOT you can distance yourself from by getting way in front, way behind, or just take a separate cue line.

DSC_0009.JPG

ID didn't even squeak. She didn't grab my arm. She just sat their. You can barely see her in the photo. I asked her if she liked it. She said yes.... but she wouldn't get on it again.

IMG_0859.JPG

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doodle can vouch for me I sent her a PM with my guess.

I curse the ghost of KFK! Had it not been for Jason and his double post, I would have top of page 2 bragging rights. Boo! Nevertheless, I am here, and ready for some more TR please. TCD

Whoops. By the way, how does someone still living have a ghost? I've never been able to figure that one out. TCD (manual ghost of KFK post for effect)

Expedition Public Transit - Can We Do It TCD Style

We started our day by heading to the bus stop. Then we discovered IS forgot his lanyard and AP so IH and IS went back to the IRV to pick it up. At which point the bus showed up so ID and I took it the Outpost thinking we'd meet up there. However when the AK bus pulled IH and IS still hadn't caught the bus so they sent us to grab a bus ride to AK via BB.

We had an agenda on this day. First up ID wanted to try out Expedition Everest. While in line I grabbed us some FP in case she wanted to ride again. This time, as I was not a single rider, I actually got to see inside the buildings. Once again she didn't even squeak and once again she didn't want to reride it. I gave the CM's my FP and we headed over to our eventual family meet up place. Dino-Land.

We had never ridden Dinosaur but IS is kinda picky about his rides so ID and I decided to ride it first. After the first Dino showed up, she closed her eyes. For the entire ride and didn't want to get on it again. So after a consultation with IS, IH, ID and myself we decided to forgo riding again.

Our first family stop Animal Business -

Our last visit we got the very bumpy back seat. This time we got the not as bumpy front seat -

DSCN0713.JPG

Once Again for Genia -

DSCN0715.JPG

DSCN0716.JPG

Crocs A Plenty

DSCN0719.JPG

Artsy Fartsy Has The Camera -

DSCN0720.JPG

Carol's Concrete Tree -

DSCN0721.JPG

Our Not So Intrepid Driver -

DSCN0722.JPG

Does anyone know the difference in the Giraffes?

DSCN0724.JPG

I could post a comment for Stef but I will refrain...

DSCN0726.JPG

Is this Elle or Phunt?

DSCN0732.JPG

Elle & Phunt -

DSCN0737.JPG

Giraffe Comparaison -

DSCN0742.JPG

Artsy Fartsy ... Again -

DSCN0743.JPG

After disembarking from the Safari we decided to ride the Rapids. I have no pictures but, (due to the rain predicted in the weather forecast causing low crowd levels) we rode it twice in a row without disembarking. They would have let us go a third time but we wanted to go see It's Tough to Be A Bug. Which in the future I will not be going to watch... durn 3D.

I'd been on my phone checking out the Tour Plans App. I discovered that ride times in MK were basically walk on. We decided to hop a bus to MK and ride Splash Mountain then have lunch at Tortuga Tavern. Naturally the MK bus left just as we got to the bus stop. Inspiration struck when the TTC bus pulled up. So we hopped the TTC bus, rode the monorail to MK, then took the train to Splash Mountain. We walked on, watched IS have a complete meltdown while waiting our turn to take the drop only to have him say "It's not so bad".

DSCN0747.JPG

Then we headed over to Tortuga Tavern for lunch before finishing the visit, as is tradition, with POC.

IMG_0860.jpg

We then headed out to catch the boat back to the Fort.

184979_190294321107602_885649171_n.jpg

I went to GR to try to get the AP Passes so we could see the New Fantasyland by day. I though she had no clue. I had heard from Gwen & TCD that you have to get a wristband, meet at the TTC.... etc. She said to find GR in the area and they would help me. We were already on our way out so I passed.

edited to correct timeline entry

Edited by Nicki aka Rebelstand

I know we went home. I have no idea what we did but I do know that we lost our ever loving minds. How do I know this? We have this picture to prove it.

IMG_0866.JPG

That's right people. We went back to MK later that night. I have no idea why. I guess because we could. Here is one for Stef -

IMG_0862.jpg

Apparently we rode Buzz Light year.

IMG_0869.jpg

Just to complete our Public Transit and because IS wanted to we rode the PM. I think this photo is from that.

IMG_0870.jpg

Then IH took the IK off to ride the stinky speedway while I rode the Mountain de Space.

Here is your proof....that I now need to see a chiropractor.... Just so you know, I'm not exactly scared of rides but I got the back seat. I didn't particularly enjoy getting slammed down every 5 seconds. Either our car needed an adjustment or this ride just isn't for me.

IMG_0874.JPG

We decided to do something else we had never done before and found it to be great fun - (our that guy was young and didn't look clueless at all)

IMG_0877.JPG

One more shot before going nighty night-

IMG_0879.jpg

Thus ends our marathon day and my feet are still grateful.

We are off to the Chef, the Wonderful Chef of Mickey- Pood Forn

First off we drag ourselves out of bed after our latish MK night and head to the docks.

DSC_0010.JPG

My first plate-

IMG_0899.JPG

ID Plate -

IMG_0900.JPG

I was worried about Buffets at WDW with an allergy child. However, the Chefs come out and walk you down the Buffet Line explaining exactly what you can and can't have for your allergy.

IS Allergy Breakfast -

IMG_0898.JPG

It's Time to Get Goofy & a Partial Hidden Mickey-

DSC_0016.JPG

It's Donnie Duck -

DSC_0028.JPG

The rest of the pictures have the kids in them. We had planned an all out Fort Day after Chef Mickey's. We did end up at the Fort but not before we decided to take a ride on the stink o rail. IS loves the Stink-o-Rail. It's so coool. So we hopped on at the after Breakfast, rode to the TTC, hopped the one to Epcot.

IMG_0881.JPG

The only reason we did this was to actually ride through Epcot -

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

The circle complete, we get back to the TTC to find that the MK monorail is down and the Resort Loop had just left. So what's to do.... Ferry to MK then resort boat to the Fort.

IMG_0883.jpg

I am completely unsure where IH took this photo....

DSCN0767.JPG

I have no idea what we did for the rest of the day but I know I went back to here -

DSCN0768.JPG

I like the golf key chain I bought my father so much that I wanted at least one more. My big Disney souvenir is always a key chain and the old one was looking rough (it was almost two years old). I hadn't seen a regular keychain I liked so...back I went.

DSCN0769.JPG

DSCN0770.JPG

Nov 8th - How Did DHS Become One of Our Most visited Parks? -

This post starts off with what the rest of the family did -

DSCN0771.JPG

DSCN0774.JPG

DSCN0775.JPG

DSCN0776.JPG

DSCN0779.JPG

DSCN0780.JPG

This is the point at which I met up with the family. We headed over to Pizza Planet where the salad is surprisingly good.

Before we get to the rest of the day, here is what I had been doing all morning. First order of business, head to TSM and get the FP.

According to the time stamps on the photos -

At 10:11- (sorry the RRC photos are blurry. couldn't get a good pic on my phone camera)

IMG_0885.JPG

At 10:39 - (this ride marks the first time I decided to let go of the O's#%t Handles. The ride is totally different if you let go.... and lots more fun)

IMG_0886.JPG

AT 10:52 - (See the lady in the white beside me. I had to give her some advice. Don't forget to breathe. Just take a few moments before the ride starts and breath. It was her first time and she was kinda chatty scared)

IMG_0903.JPG

At 11:14

IMG_0904.JPG

Something is wrong here. First I am missing a ride photo from TOT. My FB page plainly states I rode it three times. Second I don't remember riding TOT back to back. I distinctly remember getting off TOT checking the ride time, deciding to head over to RRC, riding RRC, and heading back to TOT to ride again. I did this twice. I found that the time between doing the single rider line at RRC allowed the wait line on TOT to shrink substantially going from 30-40 min down to 10-20. Let me also say that while it did suck just a little to have to ride on my own... being a single rider does have advantages even on rides with no single rider line. They will ask pretty far back in the line to find a single rider. One time through I became a couple with another single rider as they were looking for two riders.

Next does anyone else have a funny breathing issue at the start of RRC. For just a second as you get launched, the wind in my face, should I not time my breathing right, makes it hard to breath out.....

So then I met up with the family. The boys wanted to do this -

DSCN0789.JPG

DSCN0790.JPG

DSCN0791.JPG

On our last trip the fire at the end of the show had scared ID into tears, so I took her on a shopping expedition to fullfill my inexplicable need for the perfect writing pen before meeting the guys at TSM to use our FP. I have to say I love FP for TSM. I don't think I'll do it any other way. Strangely, this is no longer anyones FAVORITE ride at DHS. It was at one point our only must do ride. Now all the Imaginary ones like Star Tours more and I like TOT the best. I will admit that it would be nice to skip the library section after about the second ride of the day though....

After TSM we hitch a bus and say goodbye to DHS... thinking we'd be back in just over a month. We were wrong but that's ok.

Nicki, I had no idea you picked this report back up! I'm all caught up now.

Food, Fiends, Animal butts and Balls (Epcot) = Awesome!

So sorry I missed this! Brain fart :blush:

I think with the holidays many have been to busy to worry about TRs and we've been doing some serious moving... and laundry.

The Last Park Day & The TCD Sunrise Series

Where is the best place to spend you last day at WDW? Why the Magic Kingdom of course, and Tour Plans agreed.

We once again forgot the camera so all these pics were taking with my iPhone. This last post is devoted entirely to the New Fantasyland area. After talking to the girl at guest relations I didn't think we'd get into see this during the day. After all I'd seen and heard that you had to meet at the TTC and get a wrist band. Well on a whim, following TCD's example, I wondered up and asked a CM about it. They asked to see our APs and handed us a wrist band and off we went.

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

I call this one Vibram's in Fantasyland -

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

I call this one Sunrise over Gaston Backside (The sunrise for TCD the backside for Genia)

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

I call this one Sunrise Over The Crane Taken To Drive TCD Insane-

IMG_0935.JPG

Sunrise on the Construction Fence -

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

Sunrise Over Eric's Abode -

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0889.JPG

IS in Shadow on a Rock

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

And I am almost to the photo limit... to be continued.

Belle's Tale & The Rest of The Last Day -

Into Maurice's Cottage

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

TCD has some Guard Competition - IH got picked for Guard Duty, ID got picked to be Chip, IS was Phillipe

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

We had gotten FP for peter pan before checking into going into the new area. So we rode peter pan and then walked onto the HM before going to eat. We tried this- Our service here was horrible and that's saying something for Quick Service. The ID and I walked all the way to the restrooms and back before they completed our order. We were the only ones in line to eat..... wonder why?

IMG_0892.JPG

If tradition serves here, we then road POC. I am not sure why we always eat then do POC but we do. I don't think the mermaids added anything to the ride. I miss Davy Jones personally. Blackbeard just isn't as scary or funny.

Then we split up. The family went to ride the speedway but I hopped on Big Thunder for a spin. I have to say it is still my favorite coaster at WDW. We then walked back to Dumbo. They had 15 minutes on the wait so we walked back. We then got to the play area to find that it was more like 30-45 and we had to get a pager. We decided no way. First our kids are a little old for the play area and second we'd ridden it many times already.

We eventually ended up over at Buzz. I grabbed some fast passes but we walked on it twice. I handed the passes to a CM and we decided to leave. We had one last Rally Event to attend that night.

IMG_0895.JPG

Bye Bye MK -

IMG_0897.jpg

On The Boat Back -

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

Next Up - The Last Post

Your IH is no competition for me in the guard department.

He needs to stand up straight.

I'll be Belle wasn't impressed.

TCD

I don't know. he goofed off about as much as you do during the tale. And he was in marching band so he knows how to march while playing a trumpet...

He didn't sneak any pictures during the event either....

Thanks for all the sunrise photos!

You are pretty good with a phone camera.

TCD

I have a good App.

Even the crane shot?

So glad you got to spend your last day in New Fantasyland!

It is simply amazing to wander around the area

Some of my fave photos are from my phone. Not bad at all. :)

thanks

Thanks for the butt photo!

Nothing better than Butts, Beer and .........

use your imagination over the 3rd B.

let's say butter and leave my imagination out of it. My imagination has been on a wild spree lately....

Some Fiends, Food, & Fort Leavin -

I forgot to mention that I was pretty sure we would have a special visitor on this afternoon and I wanted to make sure we were back in time. Here he is -

DSCN0793.JPG

And then this one, whom is really missed on this board by me. His beautiful wife was there and I have a picture but I am unsure how she feels about her pic on the net so I didn't post it.

DSCN0795.JPG

After everyone left we headed up to grab our last meal at the Trails End...yum!

IMG_1015.jpg

Plate #1

DSCN0798.JPG

Plate #2

DSCN0799.JPG

Desert #1

DSCN0800.JPG

desert #2 & 3

DSCN0801.JPG

After stuffing ourselves, we headed off to one of our favorites (it was also the end of the Rally Event)

IMG_1029.jpg

Today it is pull out day. I was and wasn't ready to go. I was exhausted by fun. We'd planned several Fort days for resting but there is a weird thing about that AP. It's as if someone gave us park possibility because usually later on a Fort Day we'd suddenly decide to go to this park and ride this or hit DTD (once or twice was enough). I wanted another two weeks to enjoy the Fort but I needed to get away so I could get some rest. I am sure had we stayed longer I'd have spent just as much time in the parks. I love the park and the Fort...

I had been talking to a special fiend. The Queen of Content was due in on the last night of our trip. She'd made it in and I was on a mission to find her before we pulled out. All I can say is that I wish I'd had more than 45 minutes to spend with her.

DSCN0802.JPG

Here is Paula. She stopped in to see me and then walked over with me to visit with Mo.

DSCN0803.JPG

Finally Shawn texted. He was driving around to pick me up at the 300 loop bus stop and I had to leave MO and Paula. Here are our last shots on WDW property.

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

DSCN0804.JPG

That's All Folks.....