Fiends, Halloween, Airstreams, & Everything In Between

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doodle can vouch for me I sent her a PM with my guess.

I curse the ghost of KFK! Had it not been for Jason and his double post, I would have top of page 2 bragging rights. Boo! Nevertheless, I am here, and ready for some more TR please. TCD

Whoops. By the way, how does someone still living have a ghost? I've never been able to figure that one out. TCD (manual ghost of KFK post for effect)

I curse the ghost of KFK!

Had it not been for Jason and his double post, I would have top of page 2 bragging rights.

Boo!

Nevertheless, I am here, and ready for some more TR please.

TCD

That ghost of KFK... she is something else.

:rofl2: Remind me to never tell Nicki secrets. You also told me in a pm that you were heading to the Fort.

Do you guys wear a lot of clothes, or do you just enjoy laundry rooms?

Don't worry about updates, you're at WDW!! Have fun!

Well after I had to tell Doodle what was the point... it was to surprise her and you..... :heartsmiley:

Actually it's more we don't own a lot of clothes because where would we store them....

And, I don't really need any more bragging rights at the moment.

TCD

you really don't need more do you...

update on the way.. I think but shhhhh it's a secret

The Sickness & The Kingdom sans pix, & the Golf Ball

The next morning IB (imaginary boy) was not feeling so good. After 18 months on the road, we are just a bit behind on the usual sickness bugs. Well on the cruise he'd caught one, so IH took IB off to the doctor. Meanwhile me and ID (imaginary daughter took off for a quick trip into Magic Kingdom which I inexplicably don't have a single picture for but I know I at least took one of the new dumbo..... (should I recover or discover them I will add them later)

I know we rode -

Peter, Peter Pan

Tea Cups

Winnie the Pooh (I will officially add this to the no ride list)

The Merry Go Round Thingy

Dumbo

The Barnstormer

The Train back to Main Street

Got the call fro IH and it turns out that IS had a minor respiratory infection but after the meds kicked in he was fine. So after I spent some time with fiends, had dinner at the RV, and I forget what else, we went into Epcot. Now I am not usually one of those mom's who allows her sick child to infect the rest of the population BUT we are at WDW.... so off we go.

First up, since the line was walk on, we had to visit one of Dave's favorite voices -

DSCN0526.JPG

I have only ridden it once before and remember it as kinda lame but I have to say that either the ending is better or it makes more sense to me now than it did. Still I wouldn't wait longer than walk on. I will admit the kids loved it and the pictures at the end of it.

Next we headed over to ride -

DSCN0533.JPG

I do love this ride but I have found once a trip, unless the line is short, is plenty. By the way, the interactive waiting game has to be controlled by one person... we tried playing and that bird wasn't doing what it was suppose to do. Just saying..

Since our over all objective was to see Illuminations but we still had some time left, we headed over to a strange favorite. Malestrom. I don't know why we like this old ride but we have to ride it every trip. IH had the camera so no pics of that.

Now for the main event - Hang on to your eyeballs, we have some interesting fireworks pics. Notice I didn't say particularly good.

DSCN0534.JPG

DSCN0538.JPG

DSCN0540.JPG

DSCN0539.JPG

DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0542.JPG

DSCN0554.JPG

DSCN0558.JPG

DSCN0561.JPG

After that we hustled out of the park and off to bed....

**reaching for the bottle of hand sanitizer** Glad the boy started feeling better. We love maelstorm too. Not sure why either. Must be a troll thing. ::)

I don't see any food. Worried that you former-airstream people don't eat when removed from your element...

I can't nag Doodle. She has quick easy access to Sanders hot fudge. :drool1:

I may need to place an order for said hot fudge sometime in the near future when she just happens to be heading this way. :clint:

Glad your boy was able to get the necessary medication and could get on the road recovery. :heartsmiley:

Great update, Nicki!

thanks

**reaching for the bottle of hand sanitizer** Glad the boy started feeling better. We love maelstorm too. Not sure why either. Must be a troll thing. ::)

I don't see any food. Worried that you former-airstream people don't eat when removed from your element...

or the hopes of seeing a nordic hottie in line (speaking of myself only). We eat but after the cruise it took some time before I wanted to photograph my food...

I can't nag Doodle. She has quick easy access to Sanders hot fudge. :drool1:

I may need to place an order for said hot fudge sometime in the near future when she just happens to be heading this way. :clint:

Glad your boy was able to get the necessary medication and could get on the road recovery. :heartsmiley:

Chicken

thanks

Hang on to your eyeballs. You are very funny!

Enjoying your report!

Thanks. I have a few moments....

MiNsSHiP, at least that's how my mind reads it - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (A wordy post)

To say I had worn(nagged) my husband down on many Disney fronts for this trip is an understatement. I'd managed to add a week to our original plans. I'd simply verbally obsessed over the "to get APs or not" until he finally, I think, agreed with me just to stop the discussion. Slowly subtly (NOT) mentioned the MNSSHP on several occasions until he said "Why Not".

Here is the point where I have to admit to a planning ooppppssss, but really the blame lays on those(who will remain unnamed) who persuaded me to throw out spreadsheets. I bought the tickets for the night of the Fiend Potluck Dinner BUT I did fulfill my promise of apple pie. Honestly, I have no idea how the pie came out. I was a bit tired (note to self don't cook pie first thing in the morning, you are not awake yet...idiot) when cooking it and it's the first time I have baked anything in the new RV.... so to help me forget my possible pie failure. We spent the majority of the day at the Fort resting up for the even but finally - Off to the Magic Kingdom.

DSC_0009.JPG

Guess who had the camera....(Artsy Fartsy IH)

DSC_0011.JPG

We arrived just as they started giving out the bracelets. First up we headed back to the New FantasyLand because I had been told when I took the ID the day before that guest of MNSSHP would be allowed entrance into the new section. When we arrived we were told that "CM previews were still going on but there was a "excellent" chance after 7:15 that we would be allowed in".

We headed off to start our party with the Haunted Mansion After we got off I received a text from Doodle, TJ asked me to stop by the Fire Station to pick up a special Sorcerer's Card for him. I promised to try to get it.

We then headed to Pirates, after which the rest of the family wanted to go to the Tiki Room, under old management or not I just wasn't interested so I went in search of TJ's card. They had just gotten in when I started my return journey to meet them so I went through the Swiss Family House for kicks, finally meeting them as they leaving the Tiki Room. It still wasn't time for the candy to start so we rode the Jungle Cruise. Now I know the jokes are corny but with the right boat load of people it can be funny... NOT our boat. Sometimes I feel for the CMs on that ride.

Finally the candy lines were opened. For those of you that have never been, this is when they start checking for those bracelets and ushering people out. In that first hour we must have flashed our new jewelry 20 times. We started Trick or Treating by the Jungle Cruise and worked our way into Frontier land. Sadly both Splash Mountain & BTMRR were closed at the time. Splash Mountain never reopened. I think it might have been too cold. We worked our way back to the big boat and into Fantasyland but I didn't want to go into the new section until after the first parade. I knew thanks to a TCD report exactly where I wanted to watch the parade from, Frontierland. The only thing is that first parade is the most popular. It took us about 15 minutes to find a decent spot to watch and we have to say a big thanks to the nice people that, without asking, encouraged our kids to squeeze into the front row.

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

Christopher Robin was a bit scary... just saying.

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

Smmmmmeeeeeeee-

DSC_0061.JPG

Tick Tock -

DSC_0071.JPG

Not So Hot Pirate -

DSC_0072.JPG

Would Have Been A Hot Pirate if it had been JD for real -

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

I have to say that having just seen the Cruella on the cruise this one wasn't as realistic

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0132.JPG

Here comes the end -

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

Here we made another mistake. We tried to follow the parade to Main Street for the fireworks. The Parade got stuck and so did we. It was a bit of a mess. We finally got what we hoped was a good spot for the fireworks, which will be in the next post.

I will admit to not doing my research on the MNSSP (shocking right, can you see the pride on Lou's face right now?). According to Touring Plans, the parade was running 2 other times after that. I ran into the second parade at one point. Note to self, if the parade runs twice skip the first and just make sure to be in a good spot for the fireworks.