Fiends, Halloween, Airstreams, & Everything In Between

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doodle can vouch for me I sent her a PM with my guess.

I curse the ghost of KFK! Had it not been for Jason and his double post, I would have top of page 2 bragging rights. Boo! Nevertheless, I am here, and ready for some more TR please. TCD

Whoops. By the way, how does someone still living have a ghost? I've never been able to figure that one out. TCD (manual ghost of KFK post for effect)

The Post In Which A Camera Takes An Unexpected Expedition & Busman Gets A Shout Out

Finally IH is on vacation. I look up the best park of the day in my nifty Touring Plans app and we are off to AK. I finally get to take my first ride on Everest. Strangely my camera also took an expedition but not with me.

First up we rode the Kali River Rapids. All I can say is that poor poor women. She got wet at every opportunity. She was facing downward, laughing at all us saps who were gonna get wet next, when suddenly the raft did a 180 and she got it again. We had a few splashes barely even a drop...

Then we separated. I had a long held desire to ride the rails at Everest and the IKs dragged the IH off to Dinoland for dino dumbo and Primeval Whirl.

DSCN0672.JPG

Somewhere between the above picture and the below picture my camera took it's own adventure.

DSCN0673.JPG

DSCN0674.JPG

DSCN0675.JPG

DSCN0676.JPG

DSCN0677.JPG

DSCN0678.JPG

DSCN0679.JPG

DSCN0680.JPG

DSCN0681.JPG

DSCN0682.JPG

DSCN0683.JPG

Here is me on the ride but my camera is still missing....

DSCN0684.JPG

I loved Everest. It was awesome.

One last picture before we headed back to the Fort...

DSCN0685.JPG

You know how a certain busman is always telling us to stay off the buses. I had one day in which I had to agree with him. I believe it was this day.

We walked out to find a bus just arriving in the precious FW & WL spot. We started to hurry then noticed that the sign went dark. We also noticed the dude that didn't get on the bus. Our precious transport had gone out of service. Oh, well. It happens. So we wait for the next bus. Then it happens. The Driver Exchange Program. We were privy to this often, almost daily, during our trip. So we wait patiently and it took between 5-10 minutes, finally we are off. Earlier in the day we had hit Blizzard Beach prior to being dropped off at AK, so I didn't expect to have to see it after AK. I was wrong. We picked up a few people and headed to WL. Almost the entire bus departs here as does the driver. He keeps getting on the bus looking at something near the steering wheel, getting off and repeat about 3-4 times. Eventually his curiosity is satisfied and we head to the Fort. Upon arrival we once again hit the Driver Exchange Program for Fort buses. From the time we headed out the exit gates at AK to arrival at our site, it took between one hour and 1.5 hours.

Next Up the Bon Voyage Party....

First up we rode the Kali River Rapids. All I can say is that poor poor women. She got wet at every opportunity. She was facing downward, laughing at all us saps who were gonna get wet next, when suddenly the raft did a 180 and she got it again. We had a few splashes barely even a drop...

Reminds me of someone... who was it.... dang it's on the tip of my ..... :hah: :chillout:

• 2 weeks later...

I am a reformed planner. i now subscribe to the TCD & Lou method.....

Our first trips to the Fort were planned meticulously via my handy dandy spreadsheets. Then I slowly moved away from the planning and just went with the flow. However, I'm back to the spreadsheets for our upcoming trip, mainly for budgetary purposes. Am planning a bunch of crockpot meals for the camper. I found that we ate out a lot more without planning, which is great and all, except we need to stick to more of a budget this trip, especially being 2 weeks. I'd go broke feeding 7 people at Disney for 2 weeks without a plan.

Our first trips to the Fort were planned meticulously via my handy dandy spreadsheets. Then I slowly moved away from the planning and just went with the flow. However, I'm back to the spreadsheets for our upcoming trip, mainly for budgetary purposes. Am planning a bunch of crockpot meals for the camper. I found that we ate out a lot more without planning, which is great and all, except we need to stick to more of a budget this trip, especially being 2 weeks. I'd go broke feeding 7 people at Disney for 2 weeks without a plan.

We had planned to do the DDP for the second week. One Snack, One QS, and one TS for the rally week. Then everyone didn't sign up for the events using the DDP. I cancelled the DDP, kept our favorite ADRs, and we ate at home if it were available or in the parks QS if needed. Worked beautiful and saved us a bunch of moolah but you have lots more kiddos than us too so I can see the need for planning the meals

Are you ready for an update? Tough you are getting one anyway - ATTENTION GENIA... ATTENTION GENIA

It's the Bon Voyage/I can't believe you are leaving me Party -

Can anyone explain why we all love this guy? For the record, though I tried, I never once saw Bob on his dock with or without a fishing pole.... we may have rename that dock.

DSCN0686.JPG

After seeing Carol's TR I expected to find only pics of Carol behind a camera... I was wrong.

DSCN0688.JPG

This picture should in theory make Genia happy. She has been begging me to get a picture of someone's butt for months. Well Genia, I finally complied with your request.......

Kathy with a butt shot of TJ

DSCN0689.JPG

Lorna's gonna kill me -

DSCN0690.JPG

Sweet Thang Rainbow Gas Gal

DSCN0692.JPG

Now Doodle's gonna kill me -

DSCN0695.JPG

Bob Talking Again -

DSCN0696.JPG

The One In Which I Meet The Mayor -

DSCN0697.JPG

Rita Wants To Kill Me (did you know there is a photo taking protocol?)

DSCN0698.JPG

Don't listen to Ed... she's a sweetie pie

DSCN0699.JPG

Macho Grumpy & Another Sweet One -

DSCN0700.JPG

Is Sheila still sulking over loosing the Candy War? Rita I keep forgetting the protocol...

DSCN0701.JPG

There... is this better?

DSCN0702.JPG

Trouble .... has to be...

DSCN0703.JPG

Please tells us what was so funny....

DSCN0704.JPG\

Later in the night we moved over to Bob's for some of Kathy's Coffee but the camera was put away for this one.

This was the night of the not so CCintriguing, not so street walking, not lengthy meeting of TCD. I was standing out in the street talking about fulltiming when up walks a very familiar dude. We said hi, exchanged a few words, he walked to say hi at Bob's site and I continued my conversation. The End.... the other version sounded better..... yes, I am pouting.

There we have it.... They left us all alone in party loop central....

November 4, 2012

This next update is a bit of a fail. In order to forget about everyone leaving we hit the parks. Two people, two cameras, one clue.....This is the only clue I have as to which park we went to....

DSCN0707.JPG

I am guessing this was in One Man's dream. We finally check it out, on Carol's recommendation, while waiting on our TSM fastpasses.

We also have a bit of a family park problem at DHS. I may have mentioned it before but just in case...I can't ride Star Tours and the rest of the family loves it. I love TOT and like RRC but the rest of my family ... Well ID, who is 8, did ride TOT. She didn't even squeak and said she liked it but she wouldn't get back on it. IS, well after a ride with a small drop (Primeval Whirl), I had to remind him to breathe. He literally turned WHITE! IH will ride them if the family does but he prefers ST or TSM or Buzzlightyear space ranger spin. So the plan was always, I take the APs get the FP for TSM then ride TOT and RCC at least once. IH, IS, ID head to ST ride repeatedly until the wait line gets too long. Head over to the Muppets, which once again I can't watch and then we meet up to ride TSM or eat.

The only other pic I have from the day is of coming home to find someone sight looking like this -

521793_189486461188388_1465909966_n.jpg

Also this was the start of the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally. Eighteen months of of planning, Disney canceling things we hoped to do, cajoling rally participants to make ADRs ASAP, being ignored, and spreadsheet watching finally come down to this one day. Ok to be fair the rally took up exactly two evenings of the entire week. This the meet and greet night, which ended with us watching the fireworks from Clementine Beach and a really cold dark bike ride back to the 900 loop. The second was an impromptu happy hour/dinner feast in the 300 loop. I suppose the rally was successful enough as some would like to have it every year. However, since I don't own an Airstream anymore I declined to host it again.

Great updates! We came by on Saturday evening to say goodbye to the masses who were leaving the next morning ... guess we missed you, but glad you didn't get a picture of me with my mouth open!

I think I saw you just don't have photo proof of it

very nice pictures and no I have no idea why to answer your question :)

I see MPR

What was Doodle singing?

And why is Carol covering her ears?

Doodle's high notes can be a bit painful :rofl2: :rofl2: