Disney Counted Crosstitch Kits

It makes me a little sad because I have done so many beautiful things, and have so many more waiting to be finished or started.

There was a time that when I had no less than 3 projects going at the same time. I think today I will pick up my latest project and do some work on it :welcome2:

doodlebug

I used to LOVE counted cross stitch.  However, I think the last project I did was my youngest son's birthdate sampler (and he will be 24 in October)

I guess it has been awhile :rofl2: I haul mine out every now and then but I don't work at it as lon as I used to :)

I will get this one finished though.

doodlebug

• 1 month later...

Same here, I think I have 2 pieces that I made for my Grandparents and got them back when we gave up their apartment.

I also have the most beautiful art deco Lady, I had taught a very dear friend how to ccs (I owned a store at one point in my life) and she made  me it, I will take a picture one of these days and put it on here). The only problem that I have now is I still have a store full of the stuff and have to figure out how to sell some of it. I just don't want to dump it in the garbage. I am going to try craigslist.

• 2 years later...

Finished this little guy while @ the Fort last week!  Worked on it poolside, on the Trail's End porch, and on the deck by the marina while the boys swam, played in the arcade, and played tetherball.  It was nice to do something creative instead of just squinting into my phone looking at Facebook and Instagram while waiting for the kids.  Plus it was fun to work on a Disney project while at Disney!  And sitting in some of my most favorite relaxing spots at the Fort to boot!

Like many of you, I have cross stitch kits galore and they have been sitting for too long.  Did a Pirates of the Caribbean ornament for one son, and this one for the other.  Can't find the Pirates one at the moment but will post a picture when I do.  Now working on a Cinderella ornament for a friend's daughter.  (if I don't decide to keep her:)

Bought a pair of sunglasses with built-in reading lenses…..best 5 bucks I have spent in a long time!  Even though I have "multifocal" contacts, I still need to wear readers to work a cross-stitch or read small print.  If you're passing by JR's on 95 or 77 in NC, they've got them.  I've seen them at flea markets too but not that cheap.

f961b0ee-cd98-43a1-b33d-9b001f8e33ce.jpg

Cute!

I was just thinking it might be time to sort through the giant pile of cross stitch supplies in my closet.  I used to love doing little ornaments and things, because they were easy to tote around and work on everywhere.  I did a ton of Christmas ornaments on perforated paper - loved the Santa collections and all the fun ones Mill Hill put out that included beads and things.

Cute!

I was just thinking it might be time to sort through the giant pile of cross stitch supplies in my closet.  I used to love doing little ornaments and things, because they were easy to tote around and work on everywhere.  I did a ton of Christmas ornaments on perforated paper - loved the Santa collections and all the fun ones Mill Hill put out that included beads and things.

My mom used to do those.  The beaded ones are so pretty.  It always makes me sad when I see completed projects in a thrift store because I know someone worked for hours and hours on them.

I have 3 bigger kits going and used to drag them everywhere but hardly ever worked on them, then would get frustrated at the lack of progress!

Busting out these little kits was great, I blew through the first 2 in a matter of days.  The sense of accomplishment motivated me to keep going, and the fact they fit in a sandwich bag that can be thrown in my purse or beach bag really helps, too.  No hoop to worry about, no long rows to keep count of in case we have to pick up and go or I get interrupted.  Do it!  And then put up your picture!

Lorna if you decide to sell some of your things I would love to buy a few.  I love doing the ornaments.  I admit I have not done one in probably 15 years but I use to love ccs.  Maybe I should start again and perhaps I would then make the time to sit back, relax and count.....in between diapers and feedings or course.

I did some larger projects but I enjoyed the ornaments more since I could finish them faster.

We should start a cross stitching group.

• 6 months later...

Finally found the Pirates one I had finished before I had done Lightning, and recently finished the first of many princesses in my stash of kits (Dave, look away!).  I had completed another princess but noticed her head was all out of whack so had to pull out half of the stitches to fix it and am working on that now.  She looked like an image from one of those fun mirrors at the carnival.  Not pretty.  Hopefully she'll be all fixed up soon and I will add her to the collection!

IMG_2880.jpg

Nice.  My Mom and I are getting ready to start a Monopoly Board.  We have the pattern and just got the fabric.  Does anybody know if they had a Disney theme Monopoly?  I would switch in a heartbeat.  The plan is to complete it frame it and hang in the game room.  Should be able to take it off the wall and play.  I want my Mom to do some of this so we can always say she did.  It will be a 3 generation project!  My first in many years.

Nice.  My Mom and I are getting ready to start a Monopoly Board.  We have the pattern and just got the fabric.  Does anybody know if they had a Disney theme Monopoly?  I would switch in a heartbeat.  The plan is to complete it frame it and hang in the game room.  Should be able to take it off the wall and play.  I want my Mom to do some of this so we can always say she did.  It will be a 3 generation project!  My first in many years.

I am sure they came out with a Disney themed one at some point…..sometimes they re-name them, it might be under "Disneyopoly"?

And, you can check thrift stores for old games to pick up the tokens, if the kit doesn't come with them.

I don't think I've ever heard of game kits.  Probably best:)  I have a tote full of kits I will likely not live long enough to complete, along with my mountain of scrapbook supplies and bins of fabric and patterns!  The best laid plans, right?

• 2 months later...

Loretta…how goes the progress on the Monopoly kit?

I put the mini Disney kits aside this winter and worked on a larger kit I'd been chipping away at for, oh about 15 years!  Still nowhere near done!

But - I did go through that tote of kits I mentioned - seriously it was a 30 gal. tote nearly full of them - and pulled out some that I knew I'd never do.  On a whim, decided to see how they do on ebay, and was pleasantly surprised to see that some are very popular!  I got almost 30 bucks for one that is no longer made, and it had been given to me years ago, so that was total profit!  And they are very easy to mail!  Something to think about for those of you who also said you had a lot of them.

Good to know.  I have totes (plural) of stitchery kits of all kinds, some of which are still sealed in the package.

Yeah... it probably wasn't a great idea for me to work in a craft store those couple of years.   8)

If you have any Dimensions "Gold Collection", or anything Elsa Williams……..they seem to fetch higher bids.

I'd be in BIG trouble if I worked at a craft store!