Going to camp in Fort Wilderness!

Hi all,

So excited we are heading to Fort Wilderness for 2 weeks. One week before Christmas then over to camp for a week on the beach and then back for a week. I have camped many times there with my grandparents and their pop up trailer. We would always get Spanish Moss lane. But now we have almost grown kids of our own and we have a 5th wheel. I am so excited to finally be going back to camp.

We are taking our dogs who love to camp. I didn't plan years in advance so was only able to secure the reservations by booking chunks at a time. We were able to get full service.

My husband is very adept at driving trailers since he drives a work truck and trailer every day but our 5th wheel is a toy hauler and pretty big. We've only had it a year now. So I am thinking 1700 or 1800 loops. Any suggestions? We'd rather be away from the comfort stations and the comings and goings. We'd rather walk and have more quiet.

Thanks

Michelle

:wave1:

:welcome: Michelle! We just got home today! The Fort is decked out for Christmas! We had a great time and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did! I'm not going to speak about the loops because I can't back worth a toot and they all seem too small to me! :)

Welcome! Glad to have you on board. Enjoy your trip. We will be at the Fort December 28-January 5th. Hope I get a chance to say hello.

If you search this site you will find pictures and descriptions of almost all the sites. I'll put this out there so maybe some one with more experience on this board can send you a link to the site pictures. Since I don't know how to.

Welcome! Since no one answered your question about 1700 or 1800 loops & being away from comfort stations....Sites 1800-about 1820 are not only away from the comfort station but, away from the bus traffic noise. Sites 1710 - 1726 are away from the comfort stations but you might hear bus noise.

If you have an android cell phone download the app "Sites at the Fort". There's also an i-phone app, but I don't know what it's called. If you search "i-phone app" under forums, you'll find the info. These apps show you site by site pictures of most sites. My favorites are 1720, 1722, 1801, 1803, 1805.

Welcome!!

In addition to the forums, we've also got some Info Pages where we store lots of Fort Info. You can find the site map page here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

If you look down under "Accommodations" you'll see links to info on "Sites Near Comfort Stations".

Hope you have a great trip X2!

• 2 months later...