New-ish Starbucks/Main Street Bakery news

I listened to a WDW radio podcast this morning when i could not sleep....damn discs.

Anyway, the other Lou reported that the Starbucks 'will not be your typical green awning Starbucks.'

He basically said that they will sell Starbucks coffee, treats, and sandwiches, but will also sell many of the disney favorites that are currently sold at the bakery....ie the cinnamon rolls.

He also stated the shop would be themed to fit in with the rest of Main Street.

I cannot link it but it is the WDWRadio 11-14-12 newscast.

So this isn't going to be just a typical Starbucks? That's a relief! I was really worried that I'd have to start going to the Magic Kingdom dressed in expensive clothes, toting along a leather attache bag crammed with an ipad, Macbook, and iphone, and then have to walk around Main Street afterward carrying a latte with a bluetooth thing in my ear talking loudly in an attempt to appear important.

That would really put a damper on my good time.

So this isn't going to be just a typical Starbucks? That's a relief! I was really worried that I'd have to start going to the Magic Kingdom dressed in expensive clothes, toting along a leather attache bag crammed with an ipad, Macbook, and iphone, and then have to walk around Main Street afterward carrying a latte with a bluetooth thing in my ear talking loudly in an attempt to appear important.

You making fun of me? I'll give you such a slap!

I saw that family checking out of Animal Kingdom Lodge. There looked to be only 3 people in the party and the bellman had an entire brass luggage cart filled to the top with their bags. They hadn't heard of traveling light.

I saw that family checking out of Animal Kingdom Lodge. There looked to be only 3 people in the party and the bellman had an entire brass luggage cart filled to the top with their bags. They hadn't heard of traveling light.

Hmmm I never noticed my DD10 missing. She must have been with them as she also has not learned that concept either.

• 1 month later...

According to WDW Magic Tomorrowland Terrace will be open for breakfast during the Main St. Bakery refurbishment...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/tomorrowland-noodle-station/news/11jan2013-tomorrowland-terrace-to-open-for-breakfast-during-main-street-bakery-starbucks-conversion.htm#.UPBFiPBefzA.twitter

Excerpt...

Menu items will include waffles, yogurt parfaits, egg/cheese and ham croissants, oatmeal, danish pastries, coffees and beignets.

As a reminder, Main Street Bakery will be closing tomorrow (January 12) and is scheduled to reopen on May 18, 2013.