Spice Road Table in Morocco - NOW OPEN

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to Bobby, the greatest challenge for the imagineers has been to develope a waterproof tabouleh for the new waterslide restaurant.

Yes they made the area bigger and here is a sneeky peek...

A new sneeky peek...

I like sneeky peeks the best.  :)

For those of you that are fans of the old BBC sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances" there's a classic episode where Hyacinth plans a "waterside picnic with riparian entertainments" - riparian meaning "along the water"

Every time I see this thread it makes me wonder what the "riparian entertainments" will be?  

Or is that where the waterslide comes in?   8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been wondering what's going on with this. Still no official opening date, but sounds like it's getting closer.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Spice Road Table is coming soon to Epcot, offering a variety of Moroccan small plates and specialty drinks. Regional flavors from the Mediterranean are highlighted, along with a scenic view of the World Showcase lagoon in front of the Morocco pavilion.

Perfect for IllumiNations viewing or relaxing with a selection of Moroccan flavors and cocktails along World Showcase Lagoon, the lounge is a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds, say the designers. There’s an array of small plates: zesty harissa chicken drumettes; a Mediterranean omelet with sausage, potatoes and caramelized onion; mussels with preserved lemons and tomato sauce baked in an earthenware tagine pot; Moroccan merguez sausage with a fresh tomato salad; garlicky jumbo shrimp in a spicy chile pepper sauce.

MSM882716SMALL.jpg

Inspired by the outdoor cafes along the Mediterranean, the whitewashed façade of Spice Road Table is accented in icy shades of blue from the famous “Blue City” of Chefchaouen in Morocco’s Rif Mountains. A collection of shops in the colorful style of a Moroccan “souk,” or marketplace, stretches along the front of the building – and a henna tattoo artist will create temporary body art from traditional and modern designs.

With 120 outdoor terrace seats, the inside will seat 60 with cozy booths, Moroccan light fixtures, tilework, tapestries and art representing Morocco’s indigenous Berber tribes.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/11/spice-road-table-coming-to-morocco-pavilion-at-epcot/

• 1 month later...

Orlando Attractions Magazine has posted an article with lots of pictures of the now open Spice Road Table restaurant, located in the Morocco pavilion of Epcot...

http://attractionsmagazine.com/new-restaurant-spice-road-table-opens-morocco-pavilion-epcot-photosvideo/

Nope - table service.  Which is a bit of a bummer, but I kind of get it given those waterside seats are going to be very popular.

Although this is tapas style - so small plates vs the full on meal style of Marrakesh

So I guess it ends up being somewhere in between that and the CS at Tangierine Cafe, but you are probably going to need ADRs. 

Looking forward to trying it!

Unless you read the article to the very end, it gives the impression that it's open for regular business.

The article says it's in a soft opening, Disney calls it a "Dress Rehearsal".

The difference being that until it fully opens later this month, only some guests may be invited to participate intermittently in order to give CMs the opportunity to have a full Dress Rehearsal. During this time there may be times when it will be necessary to stop admitting guests so that adjustments can be made.