Any used camper sites other than Craigslist or eBay?

Are there any websites or active classified forums for used campers, other than Craigslist and eBay?

We look at those but we've narrowed down what we want to something so specific, without seeing a lot of inventory I doubt we'll ever find it.

I've been looking for two months and haven't seen "our" camper yet... I am about to give up and buy new, perish the thought! (I'm cheap!)

TIA,

Amanda

Are there any websites or active classified forums for used campers, other than Craigslist and eBay?

We look at those but we've narrowed down what we want to something so specific, without seeing a lot of inventory I doubt we'll ever find it.

I've been looking for two months and haven't seen "our" camper yet... I am about to give up and buy new, perish the thought! (I'm cheap!)

TIA,

Amanda

don't give up yet Amanda! I have been looking for "the one" for almost 2 years, I'm the queen of cheap and refuse to buy anything I can't pay cash for which narrows it down tremondously, and my high maintenance husband (good thing his is cute) doesn't want a fixer upper.. so the search continues, I did find two that we are going to look at next weekend but the days of me getting excited past along time ago, keep up the search, we will find them eventually!!

• 5 weeks later...

I bought from CrankyApe a few years ago and overall I was happy with the purchase.

The biggest thing to remember is that you're buying AS-IS WHERE-IS and their descriptions are hit and miss so you kind of want to check it out in person (or get someone else to do it) which isn't always easy or cheap to do. Ours had a lot of issues that weren't mentioned (a few I could tell from the pics, some I couldn't) but I do think I got a very good deal so I wasn't too concerned about it. The part that bugged me as that I saw other coaches that had similar issues as ours and it was detailed in their's but not in ours so I guess it just depends on who does the inspection. IMHO, for a company that does this for a living, they really should be better about describing the condition. I didn't really know much about motor homes and I was able to come up with a list about 5 times longer than theirs.

I think all their auctions are Wed-Wed now (they used to have them start all the time).

The thing that probably bugs me the most is that you have to pay to register now ($35 / year - it used to be free). I don't know why they do this (other than a money grab) - if anything they probably lose money because they probably lose bidders (with an auction, the more bidders you have, the better the chances of getting the highest bid possible). It also bugs me that they don't keep information on their completed auctions very long (maybe 2-3 days I think) so if you are just following it to see price trends, you have to look at the site every week (they also don't show you pictures of closed items either but if you edit the URL, you can still see the pictures of completed items a few days later (can't remember how long they keep the pictures on their server but they do have them for a while, even after the item is removed from their website. You just have to know the item number).

You have to watch the prices as some auctions do get high but they do often have some good prices (I think we paid less than 1/2 NADA low retail for ours)

IMO, if you are looking for the best price, craigslist is probably the best bet. You can get some deals on eBay but many of the eBay listings are dealers so you'll be paying a markup. PPL is good as they have a lot of variety but I think you pay a premium (like with pretty much all dealers or consignors).

TIA,

Amanda

We were trying to sell our 5th wheel and Ford F350 Diesel Power Stroke. No luck and we needed money to buy a car. Just last weekend we made a deal with a Nissan deal who is taking both. We still have possession until Saturday if you're interested. Of course, price quoted is negotiable and remember it comes with all the camping hoses, chocks, etc. as we won't need them any longer.

TIA,

Amanda

Amanda,

I have been looking at trailers for awhile...just waiting on bank account to catch up with my dreams. However yesterday looking for a combo for sale (5th wheel and tow vehicle) I found the website www. classyrv.com you will need to cut and paste and remove the space. Not associated with the site in any way, nor do I have anything for sale on it, thought you maybe interested. My $.02.

Just google the type you want & some should show up. Your dream camper doesn't happen to be a 2009 Fleetwood Niagara that if wasn't for needing a vehicle to tow it could find it's own way to the Fort (her 2nd home)??? Hmmmm, if so I might know where you can get one. Not necessarily cheap, but reasonable and very very (ocd) clean inside.