Chocolate Beer Cupcake - Captain Cook’s, Polynesian Resort

Wha-wha-whaaaat?? Beer, chocolate and cake??

Sounds like while completing our Dole Whip pilgrimage to the Poly during WWW, we'll need to be trying one of these!

From the Disney Food Blog...

New! Chocolate Beer Cupcake at Captain Cook’s in Disney World

Jan 7th, 2013 by AJ.

Welp, it was bound to happen sometime…and I wish I was there to try it!!

We got the word from a couple of awesome readers this week that Captain Cook’s in Disney’s Polynesian Resort has introduced several new cupcakes, including a PB&J version and…a Chocolate Beer cupcake!!

Disney-World-Chocolate-Beer-Cupcake-558x625.jpg

Chocolate Beer Cupcake

Thanks to @Michaellburk for the awesome pics and his review:

The frosting is very good. Very malty, not too sweet. The cake itself, you could definitely taste the beer.

And thanks to DFB Guest Author @JoeyB586 for this review:

It was a very interesting flavor. The beer and chocolate flavors shared prominence, and it definitely had the taste and aftertaste of beer. The barley and hops taste was noticeable. It seemed like a bizarre combination of flavors. I’m glad I tried it, but it’s probably not something I would get again.

chocolate-beer-cupcake-338x625.jpg

Captain Cook's Chocolate Beer Cupcake

So there you have it!! Chocolate Beer Cupcake! This will likely be a temporary addition to Captain Cook’s, as they cycle through several different cupcakes, usually coming up with fun and innovative ideas! It’s a hidden gem for cupcake lovers! icon_smile.gif

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/01/07/new-chocolate-beer-cupcake-at-captain-cooks-in-disney-world/