Maintenance on 1600 Comfort Station January 11, 2013

From a recent letter to Fort Guests dated "January 2013" -

"Dear Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground Guest,

We are delighted that you have selected the Walt Disney World resort as your vacation destination.

In order for our Resort to continue to flourish as a magical destination, it is necessary for us to make enhancements from time to time.

The locks on Comfort Station 1600 require electrical work to be completed and will will be closed on January 11, 2013, 10AM - 5PM. Please use the Comfort Station in Loop 1500 during this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while this work is completed.

Please feel free to contact the Front Desk should you have any questions or need assistance.

We hope your stay with us is magical in every way!

Sincerely,

The Cast of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground"

They have been replacing the old KTTW card readers with RFID technology to unlock the doors. When we checked in, we were told we would need our cards to unlock the comfort station doors 24 hrs a day...but that wasn't the case. The hours they were locked remained as they had previously been; just during the night. But it looks like they will at some point be locking them all day.

It looks like part of it is putting in a bunch of conduit tunnels and snaking cables. I don't have wifi here in 1504 today. Maybe tomorrow? It's funny I wrote that before popping back to my site and when I get here all the gear and equip are sitting here but no one to be seen. Any one need some hammers saws or ladders?

It looks like part of it is putting in a bunch of conduit tunnels and snaking cables. I don't have wifi here in 1504 today. Maybe tomorrow? It's funny I wrote that before popping back to my site and when I get here all the gear and equip are sitting here but no one to be seen. Any one need some hammers saws or ladders?

Maybe, just maybe, they are working on getting WI-FI antenna's in place..question_mark.jpg

Just want to give an update on this as of Sunday the 13th. They did get in and run the wiring for the doors. But they didn't change the locks or door handles. The Laundry reader is chipped.

In fact the bathrrom doors were unsecured for the remainder of our trip even at night.

• 2 weeks later...