Okay, I'll go first!

I just stumbled on this new DVC section. Don't know how long it has been up but I will go ahead and be first to post on it!

We own at VWL, we bought a resale contract there in 2002 and knew we wanted VWL because of the similarities and proximity to the Fort.

We have stayed at VWL (of course), OKW, Kidani, BWV, BLT and Hilton Head.

Has anyone used their points for a cabin at the Fort? I'm considering it as we are trying to plan a trip for sometime this year. I don't know how to talk DH into it though, he is spoiled with the jacuzzi tub and King size bed in the villas. But I figure the only way I am going to get spiked is to spend some time at the Fort!

We don't own DVC, but we rent points from a friend who has a business renting points (normally for a short stay at AKL). I didn't know you could use points for cabins, is it a good trade money wise?

If DH misses the jacuzzi, he can sit in the tub and you can get a straw and blow bubbles for him!

We discussed using points for a cabin prior to making reservations for our upcoming trip.

Then I got hooked up with FF sponsor FortCamperRental.com.

We decided to rent a PUP from them for 5 nights prior to staying in a one bedroom at BLT for 8 nights.

We are going to do a return/fort only trip in december.

I looked into using points for camping and cabins. It was more expensive because you can generally get a discount and there is NO discount for DVC points at the Fort. It would have cost me several hundred more to use or rent points than paying cash. I'll stick with the discounts. I am about to sell my points, since we now live minutes away and I get to go to my favorite place (the fort) several times a week.

We joined in 2004 at Sarotoga Springs and have enjoyed it.We have tried for a site but no luck yet, really not a good value for point use but as long as the user is happy I feel that is all that matters.

Since I work for the school system, my vacation dates are not at all flexible. When we go, we've never been able to get a discount. I've tried to get an AP discount, a Disney discount, and AAA, but no luck, so I am stuck paying full price for a site. Using my points, I usually get a premium for 10 pts. a night. I know I could try to rent out my points (which I have tried to do before), but the few people who ask about renting them only wan to pay $6 - $8 per point...no where near the price that I had read you could get! So for 50 pts. (checking in on a Sunday and checking out on a Friday) for a premium site, it's a steal for us.

Since weekends and holiday weekends are a huge part of traveling to WDW for us, and the fact that we would NEVER consider a deluxe resort, DVC doesn't make much sense for us.

However, I wish I had known about 25 point resale contracts when the boys were younger. The cost savings in APs for 4 people would have made up for the cost of the contract and the annual dues, with a night or two free lodging thrown in.

If you have a large family, that's something you might consider. They don't come up for sale often, but crunching the numbers on that one, ya'll with 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, kids, it might be worth it!