Disney No Longer Selling No Expiration Option

I know many of my coworkers will be disappointed. There is this big conference down in Orlando every December called ITSEC. (Defense interactive technology, wargames, etc., etc.) Many of my coworkers go to this conference (we are an exhibitor) and stay in town an extra day and have a multi-day, no expiring ticket. They spend 1 DAY at Disney per year visiting their favorites and catching the Osborne lights.

That is also why it will be a very long time before I visit Universal again. I had some old 4-day nonexpiring hoppers for over there. I used 1 day every couple of years. No way I'm paying for a 1-day hopper over there.

Now SeaWorld usually runs an adult get a ticket at child's price, then gives you a 2nd day free. So I may be visiting Sea World a day here and there more often in the future.

This popped up on another forum recently and people were wondering if they were officially doing away with it for good or if there was just some glitch on the site.

For sure this will hit some folks in the pocketbook when it comes to ways to save a little on park tickets - which is probably exactly why WDW is doing it.

FWIW I read that Undercover Tourist still had some for sale on their site. Probably some leftover inventory that, once it's gone, it's gone.

That is also why it will be a very long time before I visit Universal again. I had some old 4-day nonexpiring hoppers for over there. I used 1 day every couple of years. No way I'm paying for a 1-day hopper over there...

We did that this year, really only because friends of ours wanted to go and we hadn't been in a while.

OUCH!

Our Costco still had non expiring 4 day Universal tix at Christmas. They aren't always on the shelf but usually available if you watch for them on the giftcard rack. I haven't been since then to know if they sold out or removed them though...

Sounds like they're maybe on their way out but might not be completely gone yet? These updates were posted at the end of Theme Park Insider's article...

Update: Twitter user @GertieTheDino89 reports that the "no-expire" option is still available, at least for now, using the "old" version of the WDW website -- the one without the new "My Disney Experience" links.

Update 2: I've also heard from Twitter followers that the ticket booth signage for no-expire was removed last week, although other readers on our Facebook page have said you can get it if you ask, and the option remains available to travel agents through their portal into the WDW system.

So is Disney in the middle of removing the option, as it's gone from some places and remains available in others? If you want no-expire tickets at today's prices, and don't want to take chances, better get 'em now before they're gone.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201301/3322/

This does not affect us as we always have the Annual Passes but it might affect those family members coming for only a few days.

I feel bad for those who do buy the 5 or 10 day passes and add the non expiration date. Never a dull moment with Disney. :fairydust: >:(

that would totally suck! but, on the other hand- i guess i would only be at the fort and not doing parks anymore. so, i guess-they can decide if i spend more than i should or a lot more than i should. cause i ain't buyin tickets that expire. it'll be kinda nice not spending all that extra money. :P