Thanks for the post about the Chase lounge, I sent it to my parents. At the rate I keep finding new info for them on here, they will need to extend their trip. So far Kelly's sandwich, the review of the breakfast at the GF, now a place to rest up a bit, they will need more time!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More merchandise from the DIsney Parks blog...

fwm117865SMALL.jpg

My favorite event of the year, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, returns to the Walt Disney World Resort starting September 27. I’m counting down the hours until I can try the orange-flavored Dole Whip that my fellow author Pam Brandon mentioned in a previous article. I will be visiting the Festival Center at Epcot next week to give you a first look inside the merchandise location. Until that time, I thought you may enjoy a second helping … I mean look … at some additional items created for the event. One of the most exciting things I learned is that the chef featured in this year’s artwork now has a name.

fwm227865SMALL.jpg

“We named him Chauncy,” explained Randy Noble, the Disney Design Group artist responsible for this year’s merchandise artwork. “His ‘C-shaped’ wisp of hair under his hat inspired his name. I made him a French chef as it was a nice reminder of a trip my wife and I took to France. I turned to a boys’ name book and found Chauncy which seemed perfect!”

I showed you a few Chef Chauncy items in a previous article. He will also be included on new things like a banner and my usual favorite item, a coffee mug.

Randy also designed the front and back cover of the popular cookbook that contains a host of recipes inspired by things you can enjoy at the Festival (hello, Aulani Sunrise on page 3 and Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup on page 7!).

fwm337865SMALL.jpg

Speaking of things to enjoy, the development team is also introducing two different sized Woozies this year that contain the Festival logo. The larger Woozie paired with a bottle of wine from event seems like it make a perfect gift.

I hope to see you at the festival!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/chefs-name-revealed-with-a-second-look-at-2013-epcot-international-food-wine-festival-merchandise/

There appears to be TONS of merch this year. More than I remember in the past. It's easy to find, too. Port of Entry (isn't that the gift shop at the World Showcase entrance?) has nothing BUT F&W merch. Coincidentally, I now own more of it than I care to admit.

Wow, I was flipping through MDE and saw that you could add F & W events. I checked out the signature experiences and found this:

FampWsignatureexperiences.jpg

Y'all know I love to eat good food, but OMG WTF could they be feeding you at V & A that is worth $525????? and WhoTF is gonna pay that much for a meal? Evidently, lots of folks have WAY more expendable money than us! I guess that's for folks like the guy who had the special party complete with their own fireworks on the beach at the Fort for his daughter's birthday.

• 2 weeks later...

The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of the Parisian Breakfast event being offered during the Food & Wine festival at Les Chefs de France...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/10/08/2013-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-review-parisian-breakfast-at-les-chefs-de-france/

Excerpts...

Mimosas were readily refilled throughout the breakfast, so if you’re a champagne fan you’ll definitely want to consider this event.

Mimosas-3-Parisian-Breakfast-445x625.jpg
Chocolat-Chaud-1-Parisian-Breakfast-600x

Chocolat Chaud -- Up Close

A selection of breads, pastries, and accompaniments were presented in a buffet-style setting. Breads-Parisian-Breakfast-600x449.jpg

Jambon-Beurre-Sandwiches-Parisian-Breakf

Jambon Beurre Sandwiches

Another savory option was a brand new offering at Les Halles — pinwheels that marry puff pastry, cheese, and bacon — which meant they were pretty much irresistible.

Savory-Pinwheels-with-Cheese-and-Bacon-P

The selections here mirrored what you find in cheese plates at Les Chefs de France — a combination of Gruyere, Brie, Bleu, and Goat. So pretty.

Cheese-Display-Parisian-Breakfast-459x62