• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhonda can also see if there are AAA rates and automatically apply them. Then she'll notify you if and when they become available, then you can go buy the AAA membership.

rhonda is moving this weekend, according to her email, so I won't know anything until monday

Just got the AAA discount on our Partial in July. looks like it's around 15%

sweet....

So reserved our Premium Site for June 14 - 21 and did get the AAA discount when I asked. However, I am not a AAA member :panic: ! They are holding my reservation under the full-price until I get back to them with the AAA membership #. For what I saved, it's worth the $45 membership price.

I forgot to mention that I need a pet site (small poodle). I'm guessing I will need to call them back.

Thanks for such a great site!

Definitely call back with your AAA# asap.  Not sure how long they'll hold the discounted price for you.

Needing a pet loop shouldn't be a problem with a premium reservation, as there are a LOT of premium pet loops.  Just be sure you let them know when you call back.

Oh and WELCOME!!  :wave1:

Definitely call back with your AAA# asap.  Not sure how long they'll hold the discounted price for you.

Needing a pet loop shouldn't be a problem with a premium reservation, as there are a LOT of premium pet loops.  Just be sure you let them know when you call back.

Oh and WELCOME!!  :wave1:

They actually have me at the regular rate now until I call back with the AAA#. They said they could not hold the site w/o the number for more than a couple of hours. I'm going to AAA tomorrow to get my membership.

Also, not sure in bringing the dog now. I imagine we will be gone for up to 8-10 hours/day at the the parks and not sure that I want to leave the dog for that long day-to-day. I know he'll be fine, but doing it to him for nearly a week seems like a lot! How do the rest of you deal with this? Frequent returns to the site?

And thank you again for this awesome forum!

Also, not sure in bringing the dog now. I imagine we will be gone for up to 8-10 hours/day at the the parks and not sure that I want to leave the dog for that long day-to-day. I know he'll be fine, but doing it to him for nearly a week seems like a lot! How do the rest of you deal with this? Frequent returns to the site?

We make sure our gang gets a good run in the morning so they're good and tired, then they get put up in the doggie dorm (crates) with the tv and fan/air conditioning on and a stuffed kong toy to munch on.  No complaints yet and we're usually there 3 weeks at a whack. For us that means we don't get to the parks until noon-ish, but it works out better all the way around so it's worth it.

We do schedule our park days to come back and give them a break.  In our case our dogs are used to a routine where they can be alone for a good chunk of time, so one break in the day is usually enough.

That said, our gang are seasoned travelers/campers at this point, are extremely comfortable in the camper, and know the routine when we're at WDW - so it's all just "normal" for them.

Your best bet is to keep the routine for your dog as close to what it is normally at home as you can.  If he's ok at home with 8-10 hour days you should be fine.  If not, then you'll probably need to work in some trips back to the Fort for breaks.

Just curious - has anyone snagged a AAA for October for anything besides a Premium site?

DH called the other day and CM told him that most of the discounts only ran until June and that only partials were available.

Seeing that so many folks here have gotten premium discounts in July/Sep/Oct, I'm thinking the CM was looking in the wrong place. 

• 2 months later...

I just doubled checked our Oct trip (Premium site)  and the lady I spoke with was able to apply the AAA Discount.  I hope, I'm still waiting for the email confirmation  :)    But it seems it was 20%.   YAY!!!!  It wasn't there when we made changed to Oct  so I am super excited. 

Diane

How far in advance do they announce the discounts? 

We're trying to plan for a May 2014 trip, and right now I'm just using the 2013 rack rates listed.  If I can "assume" a 20% discount, it would make planning that extra day more agreeable for my DH.    I really want to get a ressie made, and buy tickets from UT before they run out of the 2013 ones. 

How far in advance do they announce the discounts? 

We're trying to plan for a May 2014 trip, and right now I'm just using the 2013 rack rates listed.  If I can "assume" a 20% discount, it would make planning that extra day more agreeable for my DH.    I really want to get a ressie made, and buy tickets from UT before they run out of the 2013 ones. 

I don't think there is any "set" time, that is why it is best to use one of our "FrIENDLY" travel agents for reservations. Does't cost any thing extra and they find the discounts as soon as they are announced.

AAA is tough because they dont get announced that I have seen. I have to keep calling in to see if they are available for my clients.  Hopefully the 2014 rack rates will get released soon and then I can start trying to get people the AAA Discount. 

ETA By announced I mean I dont receive any kind of email or notification from Disney when they come out. I had to call and check on my own to get AAA for July. 

I get the impression I lucked into grabbing a AAA discount as someone cancelled?   The reason.  I've had these October dates since March I think and we asked for AAA rates back then and nothing was available.  In fact, we were suppose to travel in January then between my job and DH's job we switched our dates to Feb, March and even April (April only last 1 day  LOL).  Finally i said we'd both prefer Food & Wine with Halloween decor and that was that.   On none of our previous dates did we get a AAA rate.   I think by dumb chance I got one last week.  But hey I never dreamed we would grab one.  I'm pretty excited about it  :)

Just a few more months of saying ..... "I can't wait!!!"    I'm looking forward to the "I'm too excited to sleep"  :)    

• 4 weeks later...

Since May through July 2013, I have called Disney's Central Office, and AAA to try and get any campsite discounts for AUG 18th through the 23rd of 2013.  I have been told by both that there are no discounts for any campsites.  The only discounts at the Fort during that time is with the cabins.  Anyone know of any codes or discounts for partial or full sites at the fort?  I'm getting the regular daily mid week rate of $48 for partial. Thanks.